Fuji Shop ?

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
A question for all of those who have bought re-furbished gear from the Fuji Shop, "what has the quality been like??" I am looking to buy an XT-1 and 18-55 combo and while Panamoz are the cheapest (and brand new) re-furbished items from Fuji are pretty close plus I get the bonus of a UK warranty.

So has your purchase been "as new" any marks or signs of use? and how has it performed since you bought it? Was it packaged in the same way as a new item?

Anything you can tell me will be of use, thanks.

My XE2 was a refurb from the fuji shop and yeah it looked pretty much brand spanking new to me. It does come in a generic box though and not the original specific camera model & from seeing a number of posts on here that seems to be generally the case, not sure if that is important to you

When I bought my XE1 & X20 they both performed fine, they have been as new as your going to get, and I'm picky. The only thing was, they come in Fuji refub boxes, these boxes are just boxes with fuji cameras printed on them and not originals. The contents just rattle around in them. The only problem I can see with these boxes is the cameras are devauled as not in original boxes, but for the £250.00 saving over UK prices I can live with this

I have ordered an XT1 and it should be deliviered today, I will update thread to advise what boxes are used. I also considered Panamoz, as the refurb prices came down on Monday I ordered the body for piece of mind if something went wrong.

I've bought a lens from them (55-200). It was a new without a mark on it and the box appeared brand new as well. The box had a "refurbished" sticker on it. That and the free filter were the only differences from a new lens.

I'd buy refurbished from Fuji again.

My X-E1 and 18-55 looked like new to me, came in a box marked refurb, all accessories/software included and sandwiched between two bits of foam.

Would happily buy another refurb item from them, camera has performed fine, can't really go wrong with 12 months warranty

Last edited:
I bought a X100S from them last year and bar one very minor scratch it was fine. The box was correct, if a tiny bit tatty, but other than that no problem at all. I was happy enough with the experience that I pulled the trigger again yesterday on a X-T1 and 18-55. Before I bought I asked them if the X-T1 would have had the 'light leak' issue sorted as part of their refurb if it was from the affected batch. "Yes" was the answer.

For me the 12 month warranty and a UK sourced camera won me over from the alternative of buying from Panamoz.

@TVRTim - for the sake of £25 it's not worth going with Panamoz..

X-T1 +XF 18-55
£1,055.00 - Panamoz
£1,079.99 - Fuji refurb

Edit: Paying by BT and foregoing credit card protection would get the same deal down to £1,002.55 - I'd still go refurb from Fuji. We haven't yet seen any promotions or deals specific to the X-T1.

Last edited:
Hi folks. I've been lurking for a year or so and thought it time to make a first post. :)
I recently, as in last month, bought a refurbished 23mm 1.4 and concur with what others have said about packaging.
It came with a Fuji branded "Protector Filter" which looks to be excellent quality though I would rather they'd not sent it and lowered the lens price a bit more.
The condition of the lens was as new as far as I could see and I'm delighted with it.
I do wonder how they get the lenses to refurbish in the first place. I doubt that they have all been returned as faulty, replaced under guarantee, done up and sold on.
I would recommend them.

Have ordered the X-T1 and lens kit too. Due to arrive tomorrow so will let you know. Won't mind the odd little scratch as I saved quite a bit. Customer service seems good too as they've answered my emails really quickly. Fingers crossed.

I do wonder how they get the lenses to refurbish in the first place. I doubt that they have all been returned as faulty, replaced under guarantee, done up and sold on.
There are a number of circumstances where a manufacturer can't describe an item as "new". With apparently refurbished stock there will be a mix of genuinely refurbished (i.e. a secondary manufacture or rectification activity has been carried out - this could be customer returns or internal recalls), cosmeticaly graded (minor cosmectic blemishes detected during manufacture) and can't-be-sold-as-new items.

Likewise, got an XE2 from there this week. Looks brand new, works perfectly. For the sake of having a UK model with UK base for repairs seemed a no brainer

Last edited:
Well I dont know what happened above I grabbed the BB Code. Just click on the links for pictures, of how the camera box arrived. The box was in another box and also protected with bubble wrap.

bought a few times over the years, 'as new' every time just not in original box - wouldn't hesitate to buy, most recent purchase was a fuji 14mm :)

Bought one of the xp60's from them which after discounts was about fifty quid, which seemed good value! Arrived in generic box which I was OK about but promptly displayed a lens fault. Returned it right away and fuji swiftly
sent me what is very obviously a brand new one sealed in original packaging. Which is nice.

Thank you all for your replies and help, will now go and order from the fuji shop, I can be a bit anal about the packaging, I just like proper boxes, all part of the buying experience and pleasure but more important is the quality of the product.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Thank you all for your replies and help, will now go and order from the fuji shop, I can be a bit anal about the packaging, I just like proper boxes, all part of the buying experience and pleasure but more important is the quality of the product.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.
Remember to use the discount code..

Back