Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Just ordered a peak design slide lite strap for my xe1 which should be more comfortable to use

Liking that shot Rich, well framed, very nice colour, and some fine detail.(y)

Thank you George, did hope it would look OK once I resized it so savagely to approx 250kb, must learn how to post larger file sizes.

Beauty of Fuji is that you can use jpegs knowing they will be very acceptable even at larger sizes

Cheers
Rich

Really been enjoying using my X-E2 and hearing how good the new cameras in the Fuji range are makes me wonder if there will be a X-E3?

Hardly ever take the X-T1 out these days so new version not really of interest, same goes for the larger and heavier X-Pro series

Same design would suit me fine and please no iso dial control, hate that bloody thing, tilt screen would be nice though.

What do people think?

Really been enjoying using my X-E2 and hearing how good the new cameras in the Fuji range are makes me wonder if there will be a X-E3?

Hardly ever take the X-T1 out these days so new version not really of interest, same goes for the larger and heavier X-Pro series

Same design would suit me fine and please no iso dial control, hate that bloody thing, tilt screen would be nice though.

What do people think?

I like the ISO dial on the X-T1 :) That said, I'd love to see an X-E3 with the X-T2/X-Pro 2 sensor. The X-E2 is a lovely size/weight for the smaller primes / 16-50mm zoom.

I like the ISO dial on the X-T1 :)

Obviously a marmite thing then, the one on the X-T2 looks even worse, find it much easier to change via push button and menu.

This mock up looks rather good though

Prototype 1[1].jpg

Hi everyone, I'm after a bit of advice from you experienced Fuji shooters.
A few weeks back I bought a X-A2 and sold it again due to not having a viewfinder and ever since I have regretted it, I love the SOOC jPegs that it produced and have been wanting another fuji ever since.
I now have the opportunity to get an X-E1 with the 18-55mm and the 50-230mm lenses for around the £360 area. I know that it is getting on a bit now and It is a step up in money but will I be getting the same, similar or better files out of it than the X-A2 that I had previously?
Is the viewfinder OK to use and are there any problems I should be aware of?
Love the Fuji colours and the files and cant wait to get another.
Thanks

Nothing wrong with that combo at all, only downside is the af can be a bit slow and hard to lock on at times.

Sorry never had a XA2, but in my experience the jpegs from the X-E1 are excellent, evf is also OK.

The viewfinder is a little laggy. I have an xe1, xpro1 and xt1. The xt1 is fast, the xpro1 produces something special that the xt1 can't quite match and the xe1 as far as I am aware is the same as the xpro1 from a software and processing front. I don't use mine enough to really see if that is he case against the xpro1 however from what I have used it for (it's compact size with 27mm for walking around) make for glorious images which are beautifully rendered. You will love it! Not sure on the 50-230 mind..

The Xa2 has the cheaper Bayer type sensor, the Xe1 has an x-trans sensor so image quality should be 'better'.

Thanks for the quick replies, I have been using a Sony RX100M3 camera lately, the portability of it is great and such a joy to carry around on days out compared to my full frame DSLR but the files just don't compete with the Fuji's, I think I've now got the fuji bug.

Hi everyone, I'm after a bit of advice from you experienced Fuji shooters.
A few weeks back I bought a X-A2 and sold it again due to not having a viewfinder and ever since I have regretted it, I love the SOOC jPegs that it produced and have been wanting another fuji ever since.
I now have the opportunity to get an X-E1 with the 18-55mm and the 50-230mm lenses for around the £360 area. I know that it is getting on a bit now and It is a step up in money but will I be getting the same, similar or better files out of it than the X-A2 that I had previously?
Is the viewfinder OK to use and are there any problems I should be aware of?
Love the Fuji colours and the files and cant wait to get another.
Thanks
Not sure about the 50-230 but others here say it's good value. Providing you don't want to use manual lenses, the XE-1 should be OK - for £360 (£200 for the 18-55, £100 for the 50-230) the XE-1 is about £60 - that's good value

Spare battery is always a good idea, good for about 300 shots in the X-E1, but die very quickly once its down to two bars, Ex-Pro are good and reasonably priced.

[I'mjjoining TE="Rosedalelad, post: 7526006, member: 81732"]Not sure about the 50-230 but others here say it's good value. Providing you don't want to use manual lenses, the XE-1 should be OK - for £360 (£200 for the 18-55, £100 for the 50-230) the XE-1 is about £60 - that's good value[/QUOTE]

Im joining the ranks, sounds like the same one I've just purchased.

Needto buy a couple of extra batteries, hood for the XF18-55, possible, grip, thumb grip and soft shutter button........... Any recommendations for the above.

Please show me yours, blinged X-E1/2 that is.

Last edited:
Just bought a 35mm 1.4, which is the 2nd step on my Fuji journey, planning a 23mm and 90mm and then a better body which will demote my xe1 to spare.

Still loving the ergonomics, but haven't quite used it enough to justify its existence.

The Xa2 has the cheaper Bayer type sensor, the Xe1 has an x-trans sensor so image quality should be 'better'.
Bayer or x-trans, the sensor's the same with a different colour filter array - when comparing between models within the same generation of X cameras. Which this isn't. Whilst the -E1 has the first generation sensor, the -A2 has the newer second generation sensor. It's not quite as straightforward as Bayer vs. X-trans comparing these two models.

Probably more a case of "slightly different" rather than "noticeably better" under most circumstances.

2 ex-pro ultra white batteries, anti glare screen protectors and a thumb
grip ordered. X-E1 is on it's way.

Just bought a 35mm 1.4, which is the 2nd step on my Fuji journey, planning a 23mm and 90mm and then a better body which will demote my xe1 to spare.

Still loving the ergonomics, but haven't quite used it enough to justify its existence.
Love my XE2's with a bag full of primes. Aperture priority, keep your thumb on the exp. comp. wheel and you're good to go, just like the old days. :)

2 ex-pro ultra white batteries, anti glare screen protectors and a thumb
grip ordered. X-E1 is on it's way.
Batteries in my hands in less than 24hrs. Very impressed with ex-pro service. Just need a camera to use them in.

Back