Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Bit naughty I know but if anyone thinking of selling their 10-24 I've but a WTD in the classifieds...

All corkers, love the mono one. The 56 is special. I borrowed one at a wedding last month and fell in love. Sad to know i'll likely never own one :(

I found this remote/rural BT telephone in deepest Western Scotland whilst on a short holiday recently, it was blowing a gale and raining a lot when I stopped to shoot this, had to crouch/shelter against the elements.

'Out of service'

Out of service by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr

XF10-24/4 - 16:9 ratio

That's another lovely pair of photos! In the collie shot have you done anything to the out-of-focus background, or is that how the 56 renders it at wide aperture?

That's another lovely pair of photos! In the collie shot have you done anything to the out-of-focus background, or is that how the 56 renders it at wide aperture?
Thanks Simon. No I haven't touched the background/de-focus, collie/dog image taken at f/2.8 to deliberately have lovely bokeh, at f/1.2 it produces a beautiful bokeh effect, depends on what your photographing.

Cheers;
Peter

Thanks Peter. I've been in that area a few times in the past, but that I have never been lucky enough to find that particular scene. Next time though.....
Yip, the River Orchy runs along the B8074 a good 15-20 miles or so, such a beautiful location. Don't forget your tripod! Quite a small single winding road with passing places.

:)

That's a nice shot Peter, well composed, with a very nice sky, good mono conversion giving a nice full range of tones.(y)

"I kinda guess that some folks may not like the turbines, but in this shot I think they work pretty good with the way they stand out against the background. But either way its a great shot with or without them"

George.

Last edited:
Guys & girls. I may well be getting ahead of myself here as the crap weather & other things means I've not even been out with the recently acquired X-E2, but how do people find old manual focus lenses on the X-E2?

I'm used to them on the Sony A7, but obviously they are going to behave & look differently on the APS-C sensor of the Fuji....! Voigtlander 40/1.4 & Leitz 90/2.8 in Leica M mount, FD85/1.8 & Helios 44-2 in M42 are the main ones....

Guys & girls. I may well be getting ahead of myself here as the crap weather & other things means I've not even been out with the recently acquired X-E2, but how do people find old manual focus lenses on the X-E2?

I'm used to them on the Sony A7, but obviously they are going to behave & look differently on the APS-C sensor of the Fuji....! Voigtlander 40/1.4 & Leitz 90/2.8 in Leica M mount, FD85/1.8 & Helios 44-2 in M42 are the main ones....
Interested in the replies also, I've no experience in this area Lee, sorry I can't help you.

Not sure what you're asking to be honest...they look the same as on any other cropped camera / full frame camera with image cropped 1.5 times. One thing to be careful of though...poor quality lenses are effectively having their middle section enlarged to 16mp which can expose aberrations etc.

I

I've seen great things from the 44-2. Considering one myself. Focus peaking helps for these adapted lenses, red if shooting mono, white for colour. :)

Now I have to ask what VSCO stands for?
Very Steady Camera Operation - that can't be it, but it's all I can think of

VSCO is the maker of an app (for Android / iOS) and presets for Lightroom to add a look to your photos. I use Really Nice Images presets to do something similar i.e. simulate a film style :)

https://vsco.co/store

Back