Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Lee, that's superb!!! Love the shallow DOF and the processing, lovely. Was that shot on classic chrome ? The colours/texture are sublime, it's got a lovely film feel to it.

Regards;
Pete

Nice work :) VSCO?

Thanks all. It's the Raw through Lightroom. Curves, WB and one of the Camera Simulations applied - Provia or the other softer one. Sorry, very new to Fuji and can't recall the name!! It wasn't Chrome as I know LR doesn't list or recognise it.

Thanks all. It's the Raw through Lightroom. Curves, WB and one of the Camera Simulations applied - Provia or the other softer one. Sorry, very new to Fuji and can't recall the name!! It wasn't Chrome as I know LR doesn't list or recognise it.

My version of LR has Classic Chrome (5.7.1).

AL

I've the same version I think - It's certainly at least 5.7 anyway but Classic Chrome doesn't show in the drop menu under Camera Calibration...?!?

Now I have to ask what VSCO stands for?
Very Steady Camera Operation - that can't be it, but it's all I can think of

Glad you asked that Jono, I too hadn't a clue what it meant.:D

George.

No - an X30.

AL

Gotcha. Any confusion with the X-E2 and Lightroom / Classic Chrome is usually down to the version of Lightroom in use. Whilst LR5 supports the X-E2, it doesn't support Classic Chrome on the X-E2. It does support it on the X-T1 though, just for giggles!!! You can even edit the EXIF data on the X-E2 files to pretend it's from an X-T1 to enable classic chrome, but you have to do it for each file...urrrgh!

^^^ There's the answer then ;) I checked the firmware when I got the camera last week & it's on version 4 with the latest being 4.1 I think so I left it at that.... LR is 5.7.1

Film Simulation was Astia ;)

A couple of monochromes from my recent walk along the South West Coast Path

Port Isaac - lightly selenium toned
12x12%20Port%20Isaac_zpscncd3d2x.jpg

and Clovelly
12x12%20Clovelly_zps87msyi5o.jpg

Both are lovely but the first one is not just lovely, it's superb

Thanks Andrew

Two "Cracking" shots Graham, both well suited to mono with spot on PP work.(y)

George.

Thanks George most of the PP was done is Silver Efex 2.

Lovely images, (shameless plug, I have an IR converted X-E1 in the classifieds, if anyone else fancies having a go with the world of IR!!!)

Cheers still learning what works best in IR, the first is an example not the usual image I shoot in infa-red so I was very surprised how well it come out.

Can anyone tell me how many custom w/b settings can be saved on the XE2, is it one or two ?.

Just one as far as I can see. That's with the latest firmware.
Thank you Simon, just busy mulling over converting to infra red either an XE1 that i already have or going for an XE2 and selling the XE1. so no advantage there.

Thank you Simon, just busy mulling over converting to infra red either an XE1 that i already have or going for an XE2 and selling the XE1. so no advantage there.
Given the cost of conversion, wouldn't it be cheaper just to sell yours and buy the converted one in the sales section here? I keep looking at that one but can't justify the cost at the moment!

Given the cost of conversion, wouldn't it be cheaper just to sell yours and buy the converted one in the sales section here? I keep looking at that one but can't justify the cost at the moment!

It would be Simon if I were wanting that type of conversion and that grade IR filter replacement but I am going to have a full spectrum conversion done.

Just picked up an X-E1 to go with my old Pentax lenses. After working out how to turn on focus peaking, I'm ready to go! I got rid of my massive bulky EOS DSLR system to release the funds for this, so I'm looking forward to carting around significantly less gear. Maybe also getting the 27mm prime in the new year.

IMG_1478545775.558513.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up an X-E1 to go with my old Pentax lenses. After working out how to turn on focus peaking, I'm ready to go! I got rid of my massive bulky EOS DSLR system to release the funds for this, so I'm looking forward to carting around significantly less gear. Maybe also getting the 27mm prime in the new year. View attachment 76966
That Pentax 50mm f1.7 is a cracking lens.

Just picked up an X-E1 to go with my old Pentax lenses. After working out how to turn on focus peaking, I'm ready to go! I got rid of my massive bulky EOS DSLR system to release the funds for this, so I'm looking forward to carting around significantly less gear. Maybe also getting the 27mm prime in the new year. View attachment 76966

Charlotte, I'm loving my newly acquired X-E1 too, It just seems to suit my shooting style & it's giving all my old Nikon lenses a new lease of life.......Enjoy :fuji:
Toonie

Just picked up an X-E1 to go with my old Pentax lenses. After working out how to turn on focus peaking, I'm ready to go! I got rid of my massive bulky EOS DSLR system to release the funds for this, so I'm looking forward to carting around significantly less gear. Maybe also getting the 27mm prime in the new year.

Until you end up with 25 old manual lenses ..... ;) :D

View attachment 76966
I'd love to see some photos from this setup :)

Charlotte, very keen to know how this goes. Specific questions:

a) can you get infinity focus with the adapter?
b) how easy is it to focus those lenses with an EVF? (Note for others: older Pentax film cameras have stunningly good focus screens!)
c) can you do open-aperture metering (with automatic stop-down on taking the shot)?

I'm assuming the answers are (a) yes, (b) pretty good with focus peaking, or at least doable, and probably (c) no. The latter might make the proposition much less interesting to me; faffing around doing the focusing at open aperture, then closing it down to meter would be a pain... light gradually dawns... maybe with the EVF you wouldn't need to?

Back