Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I'm tempted too, to accompany my main. Do the refurbished discount codes still work on the refurbished site?

Nope afraid not. And I had the only one in stock. One popped up a couple weeks ago so probably be back in stock in the not too distant future but they seem to come on one at a time and don't last too long

I'm tempted too, to accompany my main. Do the refurbished discount codes still work on the refurbished site?

I could not find one tha works. But they are a cracking price considering they have a full guarantee. I do not expect they will issue more codes any time soo as most models sell out soon as look at them.

Thanks for responding. Ill keep an eye open. No rush. Im thinking of selling my FZ1000 and using the XE2 as my holiday camera.

Thanks for responding. Ill keep an eye open. No rush. Im thinking of selling my FZ1000 and using the XE2 as my holiday camera.

Just buy the kit with the 18-55mm, it's cheap as chips and still available on the refurb store! If you don't need the lens, flog it on eBay as they sell for between £270-300. Total bargain!

Just buy the kit with the 18-55mm, it's cheap as chips and still available on the refurb store! If you don't need the lens, flog it on eBay as they sell for between £270-300. Total bargain!

Or contrary wise it is a very cheap way of buying a fully guaranteed lens...buy the kit and flog the body.

I take it this is the fully functioning Fuji version of the godox Tt350?
Have you tried all the functions yet.?

I take it this is the fully functioning Fuji version of the godox Tt350?
Have you tried all the functions yet.?

It is. I bought 2. I've used hss on my xt20. Using them as master and slave works very well both in TTL and manual and are very easy to control and adjust. Biasing when in TTL is superb too, better than messing about on the camera. I also managed to get them for £60 each (best offer on eBay).

Rumours suggest the X-E3 will have the joystick for focus point adjustment, do hope so

It is. I bought 2. I've used hss on my xt20. Using them as master and slave works very well both in TTL and manual and are very easy to control and adjust. Biasing when in TTL is superb too, better than messing about on the camera. I also managed to get them for £60 each (best offer on eBay).

When you think of the near £200 price tag of the little Fuji EF-X20 guns which have a fraction of the functionality and only plus is that they fit in a shirt pocket, the Godox units are an absolute bargain.

When you think of the near £200 price tag of the little Fuji EF-X20 guns which have a fraction of the functionality and only plus is that they fit in a shirt pocket, the Godox units are an absolute bargain.

I didn't even bother considering it

Rumours suggest the X-E3 will have the joystick for focus point adjustment, do hope so

Only just bought an Xe2, it is far too soon for me to be thinking about an Xe3. I usually wait till a model reaches the bargain status, before I jump in.
But I will certainly like to see how it turns out. I would like it to have swiss QR groves in the base, and not even bother with a badly positioned tripod screw.
I would also like the view finder eyepiece to be positioned a little further in towards the middle, like the X30.
The X30 though a little smaller, is much easier to hold and operate. And it does have an articulated screen. The down side being that it does not have separate AEL andAFL control buttons and I am not keen on the ring control around the lens mount. But the function change button on the front is a good idea but poorly executed.

Perhaps they should let the Xe2 and the X30 get together and mate.

I didn't even bother considering it

I picked up a so called "spares and repair" EF-X20 on EBay for a few pounds. (no one else wanted to gamble £7), All that was wrong, was that the battery contacts had been pushed back and compressed... Works perfectly.
I would rather have it than not, as it is a shirt pocket job.

And a suitable price tag to match - I suspect it will be similar in price to the XT20 - the refurb XE2's seem good value atm

Probably, but think I might bite the bullet if it has what I want, my X-E2 won't last for ever

still finding my way around the EX2 and setting it up to my liking.View attachment 106693

The 18-55 does not have much reach and the ducklings do not have much water not sure what they are finding to eat?

TAXE0065Zweb.jpg

It's a good lens though

Apart from the fact it is not 2.8 through the Zoom range, it is a better and sharper lens than the Canon 17-55 f2.8 which I also have.
However the lens on the X30 is in most respects more useful.

Do you guys experience EVF blackout during very bright sunny day? I got this yesterday, i have to point the camera to a darker place then swing it back to a bright place to get it working. Only happeb if the bright sun is shinning at me.

XE2 ...V...X30.... Also posted on the X10 20 30 Thred for fairness sake....

Since adding an XE2 to my existing collection of X10, X20, and X30 Fuji cameras. I have been trying to sum up in my mind why I like the X30 so much more than the XE2.

There is no doubt that the XE2 is capable of far higher technical quality results, and it has far more controllable buttons and features. It is also a fair bit bigger and far heavier when fitted the 18-55.

However though smaller the X30 is easier and nicer to hold, even compared to when a hand grip is fitted to the XE2.

Now I do have a problem that not everyone shares, that is I now have an age related essential/ intention tremor. This means the more I try not to shake, the outcome is the exact opposite. Relaxing helps, but it is not going to go away. Fortunately both cameras have very good anti shake, which helps a great deal. As does the use of a light walking pole/monopod.

Now this throws up one of the built in nonsenses of the XE2, the tripod bush is off centre and very close to the battery and card door. Meaning that you have to remove any plate and clamp to reach them.. On the X30 I can leave a small plate in place, which can instantly click into the Quick release on the small ball head on my monopod. The only choice on the XE2 is to attach a hand grip with built in Arca Swiss type groove. This is again both far heavier and slower to detach. However it does solve the problem of the tripod screw and access, as the grip can be left in place. But by now we are talking, in round terms, of 1Kg as against 2Kg. A considerable difference in size and weight between the two cameras.

Now to the question of Buttons??? I never have a problem of accidentally pressing buttons or moving dials on the X30 But I do miss not having separate AFL and AEL buttons.

On the other hand the row of buttons on the left of the screen on the XE2 are very vulnerable, in fact I usually turn off the bottom left one for this reason. Had they created a small raised ridge down the outside of them, this would not have been a problem.

The placement of the AFL and EFL buttons is not Ideal, and has been far better placed on the XT20.

I am surprised that the Anti-shake slide is very easy move accidentally on the 18-55 lens, to the extent I have thought of fitting some tape over it. Controls on the X30 are fairly instinctive. Though I have never quite mastered the control ring around the lens.

One area where the X30 wins hands down is the provision of an articulated screen, even though it only articulates up and down.

The remaining points that I will cover concern, flash. Evf and write times.

Again on the issue of using flash the X30 wins hands down. Mainly because it has a bladed shutter and therefore no unreasonable shutter speed restrictions Flash simply works. The XE2 has a shutter limit of 1/180 second which in most instances can be stretched to 1/250 second, and also that it has no facility for high speed flash. This is not a massive problem, but it is certainly not the first choice as a flash camera. What I do find more of a problem, is that there seems to be a longer viewfinder black out when using flash with the XE2. Especially when compared to the instant return of vision on the X30.

When comparing the EVF on the two cameras the XE2 give a far greater sense of tunnel vision, though the magnifications differ very little at all, but it might be due to the extend eye relief on the XE2. In many circumstances there is also a noticeably longer blackout on the EX2 both before and after the shutter fires. This is actually very noticeable if anti-red eye is engaged.

The XE”2 also has a far less effective automatic EVF brightness adjustment control, especially in sunny conditions. The X30 viewfinder seems to respond by showing a far clearer and brighter view in these conditions. When inside or in poor light there is far less difference between them. In Sunny conditions I have to turn up the XE2 EVF to full brightness, for it to be usable at all. I never have to adjust the X30 EVF.

Processing time and lags seem to be related to the size of the respective RAW files.

On the XE2, I find myself waiting for several seconds even on a short burst of exposures. This never is the case on the X30.

All in all the X30 Beats the XE2 with 18-55, hands down on everything except ultimate image quality.

But in most circumstance seen on screen or in prints up to A3, it is unlikely any one will notice the difference except at high ISO settings.

Comparing the two lenses is difficult as the X30 lens has a far more difficult job to resolve fine details on such a relatively small sensor. However its generally longer Zoom range and wider apertures are very useful indeed for a fixed lens. It take a great deal of money to better the focal range and available apertures with Fuji interchangeable lenses for the XE2.

As a take everywhere camera theX30 is a winner….

Comparing images on their respective forums, the results for quality, quantity and interest also seem to confirm this.

Do you guys experience EVF blackout during very bright sunny day? I got this yesterday, i have to point the camera to a darker place then swing it back to a bright place to get it working. Only happeb if the bright sun is shinning at me.

See my post above on xe2 and x30.
It is clear to me that the XE2 has inferior auto EVS brightness control. This also varies to some extent to how the exposure is being measured , spot, average or multi. With the multi being the best of the bunch. The brightness of the screen is controlled by this measurement,. I suspect that the X30 uses a better algorithm for calculating this. On the XE2 it is very critical as to where the camera is pointed in these bright situations. Also it seems to have an inferior eye cup.

Just ordered a refurb xe2 to play second fiddle to my xt20 so I'm joining the community. [emoji16]
I've just done similar, got a X-E2S to run alongside my X-T10 as I fancied a rangefinder style option. The only problem now is that I may have too many lenses as it came with 2 that I don't already have so some streamlining maybe required...or maybe not!

How much was the xe2s when it came out compared with other bodies in the fuji range? I'm just wondering how the upcoming xe3 might be priced compared to the xt20.

Also, what is the overall speed of operation like on an xe2s compared with an xt20 in terms of focus and shot to shot times?

£749 RRP Body Only I believe - so it was pitched above the X-T10 at launch, but it quickly fell in price. The X-E2 was £799 Body Only at launch (I know I bought one!)

An X-E2S is the same speed as an X-E2 which is slower than an X-T20. The XT-20 will focus faster and be slightly faster writing images to disk, the higher data rate will be slightly offset by the fact that the files are 50% bigger!

Given the relatively large price hike X-T10 -> X-T20, I suspect that we will similar pricing for the X-E2-> X-E3, So I would expect the launch price of the X-E3 to be around £900-1000

£749 RRP Body Only I believe - so it was pitched above the X-T10 at launch, but it quickly fell in price. The X-E2 was £799 Body Only at launch (I know I bought one!)

An X-E2S is the same speed as an X-E2 which is slower than an X-T20. The XT-20 will focus faster and be slightly faster writing images to disk, the higher data rate will be slightly offset by the fact that the files are 50% bigger!

Given the relatively large price hike X-T10 -> X-T20, I suspect that we will similar pricing for the X-E2-> X-E3, So I would expect the launch price of the X-E3 to be around £900-1000

Thanks David.

I've just done similar, got a X-E2S to run alongside my X-T10 as I fancied a rangefinder style option. The only problem now is that I may have too many lenses as it came with 2 that I don't already have so some streamlining maybe required...or maybe not!
Let me know how you get on with the x-e2s. I love my x-t10 but yearn for a rangefiner.

Back