Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Running the latest firmware on my X-E2 and have CS6 with the latest updates on my PC.

However when I go to convert a RAW file to JPG using Adobe Camera Raw I see all the profiles except the new "classic chrome" one...

Do I need to wait for another ACR update?

Running the latest firmware on my X-E2 and have CS6 with the latest updates on my PC.

However when I go to convert a RAW file to JPG using Adobe Camera Raw I see all the profiles except the new "classic chrome" one...

Do I need to wait for another ACR update?

Yep think Adobe only support it on x-t1 and x100t at the mo.

Magic and Sparkle?

X-E2, Rolleinar MC 85/2.8, VSCO+

LOVING the wifi remote app after the firmware update with my iPhone. I was doing some night photography the other day and I was able to sit in the warm car and leave my camera sitting outside!

Has anyone on here used both the X-E1 and X100? How did they compare, considering buying one but cant decide which. Is image quality the same on them or would the X-E1 be better?

Thanks.

Has anyone on here used both the X-E1 and X100? How did they compare, considering buying one but cant decide which. Is image quality the same on them or would the X-E1 be better?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they have identical sensors and processing engines. Image quality is the least of the differences between them - much more important would be the differences between the lenses (fixed vs. interchangeable) and the viewfinders. The current refurb deal on the X-E1 might tip the balance..

I'm pretty sure they have identical sensors and processing engines. Image quality is the least of the differences between them - much more important would be the differences between the lenses (fixed vs. interchangeable) and the viewfinders. The current refurb deal on the X-E1 might tip the balance..

Yeah, that's the deal I was looking at. I would have no need for the 50-230 lens so I would just sell it. Having a fixed lens doesn't bother me, had the X100 before but regret selling it. I do think the wider 16mm of the 16-50 would benefit me, as I like to shoot wide. But the X100 focal was fine. The downside would be the 16-50 is slightly bigger, it really does make a difference trying to put it in your pocket. The X100 images have a distinct look to them, was just wondering if the X-E1 was the same. I always shoot raw anyway though and like to process a little. No optical view on the X-E1 wouldn't bother me either. I think I could have the X-E1 + 16-50mm for around £20 cheaper than a X100. The other option was the X100S but think its out of my price. My only worry with the X-E1 is some comments that it is quite slow to use? Driving myself mad trying to decide on one!

Also, anyone here have some pics theyve taken with the X-E1 and 16-50mm? Most I have seen seem to use the 18-55 which looks great.

Last edited:
The x100 and x-e1 have totally different sensors. The x100 has a 12mp Bayer sensor and the x-e1 has a 16mp x trans sensor. The x100s shares the same sensor as the x-e1.
Thanks for that, I need to update my mental map of the x-series line-up. The 100s haven't really interested me enough to pay a lot of attention.

I'm thinking of converting my old XE-1 to infra-red. Has anybody here got any experience of this as an X series shooter? Any points or issues I should be aware of ?
Cheers
James
There are a few converted X-series cameras on Fujix (www.fujix-forum.com) - it's well worth being a member there as well as here. For a start it's a lot easier to find the relevant Fuji-related posts without having to wade through all the "What lens for my Canikon?" threads on here..

But before you rush to convert, have you tried using a Hoya R72 filter first? - the Fuji sensors are only weakly filtered for IR and you can get excellent results with just the R72.

The R72 works well, but you will be shooting long expsoures unless you really ramp the ISO up.

Shot with the R72 and 14mm lens

dutton_horse_bridge_sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

I looked at converting my XE-1 but in the end bought an already converted Nikon J1 with 10mm and 10-30mm lenses for less than the price of the X-E1 conversion. been very happy with it, kept the XE-1 and used it to support my X-E2, meaning that I have to swap leneses less in the field.

Some people have had very good results with converted X series cameras, but just be aware of the lens restrictions. Horses for courses.

The R72 works well, but you will be shooting long expsoures unless you really ramp the ISO up.

Not really a problem.. the x-series sensors cope well at high ISO and long exposure works well with IR ;)

The x100 and x-e1 have totally different sensors. The x100 has a 12mp Bayer sensor and the x-e1 has a 16mp x trans sensor. The x100s shares the same sensor as the x-e1.

Does that mean IQ will be the same between the x100s and the e-x1?

Is the X100s worth an extra £100 over a x-e1 and 16-50 do you think?

Thanks.

Right i'm still having trouble updating firmware on xe2. I have copied the update onto a formatted sd card and when i insert it in the camera without the lens it's still telling me there's no firmware update found and telling me to switch off the camera. the only card i have to use is a 2gb card but since the file size is only 39.6mb or so it shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas?

did you format the sd card in the camera or on a pc, format it when in the camera,then insert card into card reader connected to pc, and then copy the firmware DAT file to the card.
Reinsert card into camera and try again.
Other thought is that your firmware download is corrupted and the camera cant recognise it as a valid file.

Mr Perceptive;

That's an AWESOME landscape capture with your X-E 1 - 14mm - R72 filter.

Is the R72 filter the screw-on type? Did you shoot that in b/w in-camera etc?

Excellent landscape photo and talent.

Regards;
Pete

Thanks, screw in Hoya 58mm R72, it might have been taken on my X-E2, sky wasn't great for IR, used mono on the back of the camera put processed the RAW slightly in Lightroom

Shot another one on the same day

dutton_viaduct_sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Cheers guys I'll try just now. I did format in laptop and I'll check the file name too.

You need to extract the folder through the .exe (Win) .dmg (Mac) to the SD it auto populates a folder with the correct name.

Cheers guys I'll try just now. I did format in laptop and I'll check the file name too.
Never format a memory card in a PC, always use the camera for formatting cards. Even for a firmware update.

(applies to all makes of camera - not just Fuji)

Extract it to the sd card? So I can't just locate the file then copy it to my desk top and drag it onto my sd card from there? Sorry I'm trying to think here and I'm not in front of my laptop.

I usually do format cards in camera but tonight for some reason I didn't. I'll do that too.

Extract it to the sd card? So I can't just locate the file then copy it to my desk top and drag it onto my sd card from there? Sorry I'm trying to think here and I'm not in front of my laptop.

I usually do format cards in camera but tonight for some reason I didn't. I'll do that too.

Scott, All I ever do is download the file to the computer, if your using a PC it'll go into the downloads folder. Put the formatted card into the card reader. Locate the file in your downloads folder and then click and drag the file onto the SD card that should be located in the left hand side panel on the computer. When its copied itself onto the SD card put the card into the camera and then do what I said on a previous post to you. "Job Done".

This should sort it out for you.,

George.

Guys when i download it the filename is FWUP0004.DAT so not sure how to extract it through the .exe
when i search for the file and it brings this up i right click it and it gives me a list of options like copy, open etc. What am i meant to be doing?

I just drag it across to the SD card - there's no extracting required with any of the Fuji updates I've done. Including the -Pro1 and -E2 I updated a couple of days ago.

There is no .exe - just give the .dat file to the camera.

Seems to have found it now so is updating as we speak. God knows what was different that time compared with the previous ten !!

I took my camera out today for the first time and funnily enough it was swans my son wanted to see so I'll see how the shots turned out when I put him down for the night.

Took the X-E2 for a walk along the beach today, this with the 23mm..

Some more love from my Zeiss Touit:
i-4snsmdZ-L.jpg

i-Kfskgmh-L.jpg

i-PxzRKnk-L.jpg

Thought I'd share my new strap for the X-E2. I've been breaking in the basic strap for a few weeks but only finished the neck pad over the holidays..

Back