Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Our new arrival, Lottie. She likes to keep us up at night and sleep during the day!
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to take up astrophotography!

Congratulations to you both.. :)

That is just a magnificent composition. Superb photo & wonderful light. BTW the 23mm is also my favourite Fuji lens.

That's a great shot Jeff, @kennysarmy good comp and some lovely lighting and tones.(y)

George.

314dEHRDwNL.jpg

Another very nice shot Jeff, @kennysarmy really like the foreground interest and the lovely soft lighting.(y)

George.

Just gone for the refurbished XE-1 bundle from Fujifilm's website. It wouldn't let me choose next day delivery, but I can't wait to try it!

I had a X100 that I regretted selling, and my X10 gets much more use than my Nikon DSLR. I think that if I like the XE-1 I'll sell the Nikon gear and get a refurb XE-2 - or more X glass.

Just gone for the refurbished XE-1 bundle from Fujifilm's website. It wouldn't let me choose next day delivery, but I can't wait to try it!

I had a X100 that I regretted selling, and my X10 gets much more use than my Nikon DSLR. I think that if I like the XE-1 I'll sell the Nikon gear and get a refurb XE-2 - or more X glass.

Welcome to the club....

I need a better CPL. I couldn't figure out why my images were soft regardless of aperture, shutter-speed or tripod - began to suspect by thyroid was playing up again until I removed the CPL and everything became clear..

X-E2, XF55-200

Despite all the "cute horsie" comments from children and parents enjoying the last days of the school holidays, the kelpie is a malevolent beast when you go back to the original myths and stories.

Which cpl were you using? I've had very good results from my Marumi cpls. I guess with mirroress you could actually use a linear polariser?
It's a Camlink, so it was a cheap one to start with - I have a Rowi LPL somewhere that I used to use with that CPL as a VND. I'll have a look at the Marumi - I also like Tiffen filters but haven't tried any of their polarisers.

More cheap lens madness..

X-E2, Fujian 35/1.7

OK, for all you legacy lens lovers ;)

Today I have mostly shooting with a 1913 Kodak folder lens (Bausch and Lomb):Bausch and Lomb - Kodak Eastman lens - 1913

Now, it's fair to say that the lens is a bit, er, soft. But then it is 102 years old!

Some samples, wide open first:
On the trike - with the Bausch and Lomb, wide open!

Buttercups with Bausch and Lomb, wide open!

It even does wildlife :D

Stopped down:

Duck! It's a Bausch and Lomb stopped down!

Cool lens, but the bokeh.. IT BURNS! :)

Honest, I'll eventually get a proper lens back on the body but this wee cctv lens is so much fun.. ..

Back