Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

That's a very well seen image @manualfocus-g , great colours and good composition.(y)

George.

Thanks guys :) There is a 35mm on eBay ending soon that I might have a look at too.

Many thanks George and David :) I'm really loving the Fuji the system at the moment and am seriously considering getting a 56/1.2 or 60/2.4 and the 90/2...eeek!
that would be an awesome setup :)

lol I would be happy with one lens to go on the Xe1, 35/56/or 60?
to compliment the x100

I've very happy with my XE-2 the only thing that bothers me is the lack of lenses or more specifically the price of the lenses available - i.e outside of my affordability
sad.png

The perfect lens for me was the 16-85 Nikon lens that I had a few years back - perfect in focal length that is (although pretty sharp too

There is no Fuji equivalent to this lens and this has led to me looking at the latest Nikon cameras i.e D3300 and D5500.

Has anyone here had experience of these cameras or similar ? How do they compare purely on image quality ?

Hi Justin
I have the Nikon D3300(same sensor as 5500) and it is a very very good sensor but needs good glass to get the best from it.
I also have a Fuji X100 and a XE1,I have not yet got a lens for the XE1 though am considering the 35mm but have started a thread re getting the 16-55mm to cover what i would be happy with focally,
I love the fuji for its lovely softer look and beautiful colours.
the Nikon is very sharp and lovely too.I like both :)

The last one has those tell tail sings of HDR - a very noisy shadow area in the joists..... :(
Hey Kenny,

Not a HDR as Im not 100% sure how do them haha however you are right there is a lot of noise which I didnt notice before.

Thanks for noticing

Stuart

Rumour is it'll have advanced AF stuff by the end of the year.

I have my fingers crossed that the X-E2 will get firmware upgrade. It certainly needs it for AF-C mode, currently there's too much hit and miss with AF tracking.

Thanks Colin,does the menu tell you the lens present firmware like the Nikon canon menus?i guess its the usual put on sd card,press back as you switch on and update?
Silly me cause it does I've got an x100 :)

Rumour is it'll have advanced AF stuff by the end of the year.

I have my fingers crossed that the X-E2 will get firmware upgrade. It certainly needs it for AF-C mode, currently there's too much hit and miss with AF tracking.

As the kids grow older I'm using the AF-C a lot at the moment and its taking me forever to get half decent action shots of them so I really am looking forward to the firmware upgrade.

Failing that I'll have to upgrade to an X-T1 but I don't really want to as I prefer the rangefinder style of the XE2.

Does anyone have any tips on how to shoot action shots using the XE2 (I've read the light with me internet article a number of times)?

As the kids grow older I'm using the AF-C a lot at the moment and its taking me forever to get half decent action shots of them so I really am looking forward to the firmware upgrade.

Failing that I'll have to upgrade to an X-T1 but I don't really want to as I prefer the rangefinder style of the XE2.

Does anyone have any tips on how to shoot action shots using the XE2 (I've read the light with me internet article a number of times)?

What lens are you using? I find that with the faster focusing lenses, like the 18-55mm and 16-50mm I can just slam the shutter button and get a shot. Doesn't work with the 35/1.4 as it's too slow!

Great lens choice Chris, I'm on the lookout for one myself. Looking forward to viewing your images.

Regards;
Peter
Thankyou Peter,
I laboured between the 35 and 18-55 and because ive got the x100 i decided for now to get the 60mm as it was a good price from MPB.
Also thanks to Colin and David Helios58 coming today whatever that is lol,hope ive not bought a balloon ;)
Loving your photos with the 35,
Cheers
Chris

The Helios is a good laugh if used in the right situation (portrait in front of flowers for example) as it makes a swirly mess of the background :) Need to stop down a bit for decent contrast though.
Thanks big G ,will have a play.what would you say is its sweet spot?

What lens are you using? I find that with the faster focusing lenses, like the 18-55mm and 16-50mm I can just slam the shutter button and get a shot. Doesn't work with the 35/1.4 as it's too slow!
Hi, i tend to use the 55-200 mainly when using the AF-C mode as I'm normally quite far away from the kids.

So a recent example was at the beach in Cornwall, I wanted to take some pics of the boys on their body boards and I did manage to get a few shots out of say a 100 that I liked but it wasn't easy.

I had Pre autofocus on, the focus box quite large using the central focus spot so hopefully the PDAF was being used and LO burst mode as I read that the hi burst mode doesn't use the PDAF - not sure how true this is.

I accept my photography skills aren't great I was just hoping to get more action shots with a higher success rate so any help would be gratefully received.

Hi, i tend to use the 55-200 mainly when using the AF-C mode as I'm normally quite far away from the kids.

So a recent example was at the beach in Cornwall, I wanted to take some pics of the boys on their body boards and I did manage to get a few shots out of say a 100 that I liked but it wasn't easy.

I had Pre autofocus on, the focus box quite large using the central focus spot so hopefully the PDAF was being used and LO burst mode as I read that the hi burst mode doesn't use the PDAF - not sure how true this is.

I accept my photography skills aren't great I was just hoping to get more action shots with a higher success rate so any help would be gratefully received.

Presumably you were a fair distance away - and they would n't to you have been moving relatively that fast - so why bother with AF-C - why not just use it normally - follow them in the viewfinder and half-pressing to keep them in close focus and when ready for the shot - half->full press....

Last edited:
Presumably you were a fair distance away - and they would n't to your have been moving relatively that fast - so why bother with AF-C - why not just use it normally - follow them in the viewfinder and half-pressing to keep them in close focus and when ready for the shot - half->full press....

I'd also suggest this approach, the Fooj may surprise you!

Back