Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Getting silly with the X-E2 and adapted glass.. any takers for 600mm?

Not the best of weather meant pushing the ISO hard, but I think there's some promise when the better weather gets here.

Here's mine of last weeks eclipse only having the 23mm I had to come up with something different I guess :D

Sollar Eclipse by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Speaking of which, possibly looking to trade in my 23, only reason being getting more variety. It's a fantastic lens but not having the fund to get other glass just now ids a bit grim :( so possibly getting the 18 + 35 and can get both of them together with the budget of selling the 23.

Also roughly how much do the x-E2's go for in the classified etc, possibly looking to move up to one soonish ;)

Also roughly how much do the x-E2's go for in the classified etc, possibly looking to move up to one soonish ;)
Keep an eye out for the refurbs coming back into stock, and remember to use the discount code.

Four silver refurb X-E2 bodies just in stock - remember to use the code..

Just picked up a black XE2 with 18-55mm lens. Looking forward to giving it a whirl this weekend :D

What's the general consensus on the 18-55?

Last edited:
Am i missing something??? Didn't you swap one for a Df??

And this is the xe forum... ;)

I meant XE2. It's been a long day :eek:

Got offered one on a good deal. Also found out there's major discounts at my AD next month - I may need to hand over the credit card to mrs exile :D

Ahh right. I quite fancy one of the refurbs but it seems silly as i have an xt1. Not sure if the missus would make use of it or not though... Meh.

Yeah wouldn't have thought there was much point unless you need a second body.

Actually starting to regret he Df / XT1 trade. Less so for the bodies than the lenses. Been talking to a friend who works for fuji and was telling me about the XPro 2 later this year, which I know I'll want. Should have kept the bloody lenses!

You x-e2 owners how does the camera compare to an xpro1?

Smaller, faster has WiFi but no OVF
I prefer it to the X Pro-1, but it's my second body to the X-T1
^ what he said. My -Pro1 plays second body to my -E2. With a hot shoe thumb grip the -E2 has very good ergonomics. Better than the -Pro1 in my opinion.

I would probably still reach for the -Pro1 first in a formal or studio portrait situation though. For candids the -E2, as the better AF is very noticeable.

Just added the Neewer grip to the -E2, very convenient for the Arca Swiss head on the Sirui tripod and for £25 it's one of the better priced grips. But first impressions are that it doesn't sit so nicely in the hand. It may need to be introduced to Mr Dremel and/or the application of some grip tape.

Interesting mate, how come?
I could say it's because there's a very subtle difference in the file output between the 12-bit and 14-bit sensors. And that the slightly larger size of the -Pro1 is a shade better balanced under controlled conditions. And that using off-camera is the occasion when the OVF is most useful for framing the shot. But it's probably truthful to say that it's just as much me justifying to myself why I have both cameras in the bag, rather than just the -E2 or a pair of -E2s.

First choice 99% of the time would be the -E2. It's just flat out the better camera, and for me OVF is a bit of a gimmick that I don't use.

First real test of the XE2. I have to say I'm more impressed with this than I was with my XT1 when I originally picked it up. Great quality in a little package.

Also really surprised with the 18-55. Feel guilty calling it a "kit lens"!

First real test of the XE2. I have to say I'm more impressed with this than I was with my XT1 when I originally picked it up. Great quality in a little package.

Also really surprised with the 18-55. Feel guilty calling it a "kit lens"!

Haha, I also used to feel guilty referring to it as a kit lens, however prefer primes so moved it on, the quality was excellent though!
Have you owned an X-E1 before the X-E2, I'm just about to have a shift around with my kit and wondering whether the X-E2 is a lot better and worth the upgrade cash?

Adam

Haha, I also used to feel guilty referring to it as a kit lens, however prefer primes so moved it on, the quality was excellent though!
Have you owned an X-E1 before the X-E2, I'm just about to have a shift around with my kit and wondering whether the X-E2 is a lot better and worth the upgrade cash?

Adam

Yeah I prefer primes but I think I'll keep hold of this anyway.

I've never used an XE1, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out the main differences!

I'd say hold out, which is what I'm doing, if anything invest in more lenses, there is a new sensor on the way which will blow away any notion of upgrading now to the marginally different sensor.

Hmm, I must say I haven't ever really had an issue with the speed of the X-E1, until I read about the speed of the X-E2 that is haha. But I'm sure that is a bit of the old grass is always greener kicking in...
Maybe money towards a 56mm then... :whistle:

So if you tended to shoot daytime landscape images and not really any moving shots then you'd recommend sticking with the X-E1?
Might go for a new lens instead then...+
I wouldn't change body for that type of use.

Back