Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

That's the thing. If you plan on selling the X-E1 then you'll be looking at £150-160 so you'd need £110 for a refurb. The 56 is £629 so it's easy to get sucked into the whole new body route as it is FAR cheaper to do so knowing full well that the lens is what will make the difference. I've been there... :D

The EVF is a lot better (high resolution and faster), its a difficult shout especially given the 'upgrade' cost is only about £150-£200.

I have both, nad tend to take both out on a photo trip to avoid so much lens swapping

It's the same viewfinder isn't it? Looks the same to me except the x-e2 has a faster refresh rate :)

Just got myself a X 100T, so i might be selling on my black XE2.Going to wait and see how i like it.

I know Jeff swapped from the 1 to the 2... Different outputs from the sensor and quicker af... Improved evf and screen too.
I was also swayed by the free lens offer at the time as I wanted the 55-200.

There are plenty comparisons online xe2 v xe1....

I do like the extra bit of exposure compensation, quicker AF, better refresh on the evf and the WiFi.

The actual images between the 1 and 2 are impossible to tell apart in my opinion but the xe2 might get you the shoot where the 1 might just miss it....

I'd rather have the 1 + 23mm lens though than the 2 with the kit lens...

17006787901_77eb1c9c4c_c.jpg

One from my trip to Lynmouth, Devon last Summer. Taken with my X-E1 and 14mm :)

Adam

marble and mud...

X-E2, XF-55-200

Great shot Alastair, very amusing and well seen.(y)

George.

This was the first banger/stocks meeting I've made it to since switching to Fuji and I've always wondered how the X-E2 would cope. Next time I need to try multi-point exposure mode to see if it handles the situation any better. As it was my hit rate was down on my last meet with a DSLR but roughly comparable to my first ever meet. I guess I'm a bit rusty with panning technique, but it did seem to me that the X-E2 was faster focussing at higher shutter speeds (1/500-1/1000) and struggled when I went for a slightly slower speed (1/250).

Any tips or suggestions on setting up the X-E2 for the next meeting I go along to? (the set-up yesterday was high performance on, single point focus, continuous focus, IS on)

Del Boy and Rodders got a run too..

Abstract results using the 14mm with a vortoscope..

This was the first banger/stocks meeting I've made it to since switching to Fuji and I've always wondered how the X-E2 would cope. Next time I need to try multi-point exposure mode to see if it handles the situation any better. As it was my hit rate was down on my last meet with a DSLR but roughly comparable to my first ever meet. I guess I'm a bit rusty with panning technique, but it did seem to me that the X-E2 was faster focussing at higher shutter speeds (1/500-1/1000) and struggled when I went for a slightly slower speed (1/250).

Any tips or suggestions on setting up the X-E2 for the next meeting I go along to? (the set-up yesterday was high performance on, single point focus, continuous focus, IS on)

I've not shot any motorsports, but one thing I've noticed with the x100 and, to a lesser extent with the XT1 is that if you know that you'll be using a smaller aperture (e.g. f8), then setting that on the lens seems to speed up the focussing. I think it's a depth of field thing - in auto aperture it will try to get best focus with the lens wide open, whereas it can take advantage of the depth of field when you set the aperture to get "good enough" focussing. I'm not sure how well this would work with the X-E2 (and I'm not sure it's not a little bit of placebo with the XT1), but it definitely helps on the x100, so could be worth a try.

I've not shot any motorsports, but one thing I've noticed with the x100 and, to a lesser extent with the XT1 is that if you know that you'll be using a smaller aperture (e.g. f8), then setting that on the lens seems to speed up the focussing. I think it's a depth of field thing - in auto aperture it will try to get best focus with the lens wide open, whereas it can take advantage of the depth of field when you set the aperture to get "good enough" focussing. I'm not sure how well this would work with the X-E2 (and I'm not sure it's not a little bit of placebo with the XT1), but it definitely helps on the x100, so could be worth a try.
Thanks Brian, I'll need to put a list together of things to try next time. I know the X-E2 is never going to be a true fast-action camera but as my previous set-up for bangers/stocks was a 40D and Sigma 105mm I think it should be able to get very similar results. Late evening races under floodlights could be interesting. I'm not sure I could stretch to the XF50-140 which would appear to be the better lens in the line-up for this type of event.

Is it my imagination or do the Fuji threads have more photos within them than those of other cameras?
I think Fuji users are happier using their cameras than having arguments about them..

Not the sharpest lens in the bag, but plenty of character and bargain..

X-E2, Fujian 35/1.7 c-mount cctv lens

Back