Fuji X series menus

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently bought the XT3 to accompany mky X100S and not quite there yet with the menus. I have set the camera up to record RAW images in colour on Card 1 and B&W Acros JPEG images on Card 2 but the . I find that when set up this way the viewfinder and rear view screen show only BW. I cannot get the finder to show colour without changing the film simulation back to one of the colour modes. I'm probably missing something here... can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance
Rob

Recently bought the XT3 to accompany mky X100S and not quite there yet with the menus. I have set the camera up to record RAW images in colour on Card 1 and B&W Acros JPEG images on Card 2 but the . I find that when set up this way the viewfinder and rear view screen show only BW. I cannot get the finder to show colour without changing the film simulation back to one of the colour modes. I'm probably missing something here... can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance
Rob

No, there isn't a way to disable the B/W filter preview when you choose the Acros mode (or any of the monochrome modes). Fuji takes the stance that it's such an intentional choice to shoot in B/W in camera that they want you to shoot with that on.

See here on their video on Natural Live View:
View: https://youtu.be/d8cOefp8q1g?t=151

The LCD/EVF reflects the film simulation mode you select. I only shoot in RAW and choose the film simulation in post-processing but the LCD still shows whatever the JPEG film simulation the camera is set to.

No, there isn't a way to disable the B/W filter preview when you choose the Acros mode (or any of the monochrome modes). Fuji takes the stance that it's such an intentional choice to shoot in B/W in camera that they want you to shoot with that on.

See here on their video on Natural Live View:
View: https://youtu.be/d8cOefp8q1g?t=151

The LCD/EVF reflects the film simulation mode you select. I only shoot in RAW and choose the film simulation in post-processing but the LCD still shows whatever the JPEG film simulation the camera is set to.
Yep, like they said.

Many thanks, all. No doubt I will get used to it. I'll have to... I couldn't bear to have to get rid of this and learn a whole new set of menus!! :LOL::LOL:

You could just shoot in raw only and then batch apply the Fuji preset in Lightroom later on (if you use Lightroom). Then your EVF image will be au naturel.

Reactions: Nod
Back