The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Must admit that I looked at the graphite version when I was looking to buy and dismissed it immediately without even looking at the price. I was quite shocked when I saw the price!
I prefer the silver option had it in my X-E1 and X-E2 and for a while I was looking at the Graphite version on the refurb shop but it went out of stock before I stopped dithering ended up with a black one from WEX and I have no complaints. What I did notice with the X-E1 and X-E2 is that the silver wore pretty quickly at the corners, dont know if the graphite version would be any different, would hope so for the extra it costs

I prefer the silver option had it in my X-E1 and X-E2 and for a while I was looking at the Graphite version on the refurb shop but it went out of stock before I stopped dithering ended up with a black one from WEX and I have no complaints. What I did notice with the X-E1 and X-E2 is that the silver wore pretty quickly at the corners, dont know if the graphite version would be any different, would hope so for the extra it costs

I use the bits of leather that come with the strap,that stop the D rings from rubbing the corners :)

Thanks Steve. This cheapo Helios lens is a darlin'!
I have an old helios 44 here but its a 39mm mount rather than a 42mm. I have both adapters 39 and 42 but it simply wont focus with the 39, but if I hold it on the 42 then it will :) Obviously I cant go around holding the lens in place but apparantly you can get an adapter 39-42 for a couple of quid keep meaning to get one but just keep forgetting.

I use the bits of leather that come with the strap,that stop the D rings from rubbing the corners :)

I suppose that'll help ;)

Still had silver wear on the bottom though

It's the 44m-4 i have. Worth £15 of anyones money!

How come the 39 mount doesn't work properly?
Apparently the 39mm adapter I have work with the leica's the Helios ones are the same distance from the sensor as the 42m's the 42 adapter is much bigger than the 39mm. So basically I need a 42mm adapter with a 39mm thread, typical Russian engineering :)

I once owned six Helios 135/2.8 lenses :D Won them as a job lot (new old stock) from a dealer which had closed its doors. The lens was pretty good but not a proper Russian lens. Dixons rebranded these Japanese lenses to sell with the Zenit cameras. What you actually want is a Jupiter 11 / Jupiter 11A (135/4) or Jupiter 37A 135/3.5). The Jupiters are all based on the Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm lenses and perform almost the same :)

I have the alu M39 Helios-44 as well, complete with the M39 to M42 adapter. Long story short, the M39 adapter ended up binding to the M42 adapter. I could only remove it by breaking it so now I'm in the same boat as you lol
So your step down 42 to 39 is permanant then Hope you've still got the 39m Helios :)

I keep an grip on the bottom,but i no what you mean about the silver ones :)
Strange about the leather bits, I never used them on either x-e1 or x-e2 but i've fitted them to my X-T1 and thats black :)

It was until I broke it! The lens is fine, the adapter's in pieces tho :D
Ah i see when you said you could only remove it by breaking it you meant it literally :)

I've just ordered a 99p 39-42 adapter from China so should be able to give it a go in a few weeks

Last edited:
Your 'exile' didn't last long then... ;)

X-E2 not for you?

I was offered a good deal on a graphite XT1 and 56mm combo. I've still got the XE2 which I'll probably keep hold of until the XPro2 (hopefully) comes out!

Another Christopher Thomas style shot from Paris:
17185617235_c156a7fb2b_b.jpg

Anyone using one of the alloy grips on their xt1?
I've the large fuji grip. It doesn't live on the camera, but when I'm out and about with the tripod I'll leave it on. Helps the handling and isn't too big. I just prefer the look of the camera without it - I'm shallow like that!

Finally got to get out with the X-T1 the other day. Not too successful but that was down to me, very8 happy with the camera though.

DSCF0118-Edit_zpspm4epzbg.jpg

@fabs. Nice shot Marc, you shoot that in B&W or convert in PP.

The fuji B&W is supposed to be excellent and I keep meaning to give it a go but of course its just jpg and I nearly always shoot raw, but after seeing the great job the camera did with the pano's which are also jpg, thinking of giving it a tryout.

@fabs. Nice shot Marc, you shoot that in B&W or convert in PP.

The fuji B&W is supposed to be excellent and I keep meaning to give it a go but of course its just jpg and I nearly always shoot raw, but after seeing the great job the camera did with the pano's which are also jpg, thinking of giving it a tryout.

Thanks Steve

Was converted using Silver Efex as I also shoot Raw but I'm sure I'll give the in-camera B&W a go at some point. I'll also give the Pano option a go when I get the chance.

Thanks Steve

Was converted using Silver Efex as I also shoot Raw but I'm sure I'll give the in-camera B&W a go at some point. I'll also give the Pano option a go when I get the chance.
The pano feature is pretty decent for a quick fix, I found it useful in the lake district when I only had the 50mm with me and the tripod was 1500ft below in the car park :)

Last edited:
Back