The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a couple of shots of the local constabulary going about their business. "Just out of interest I did get permission to take & use these shots".:)

Fuji X-T1 with 55-200mm on board.

On Duty-1084 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

I Guess You Want Me To Move-0344 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.(y)

George.

Not that you needed it. ;)

No I know that Marc, but where possible I like to clear it with any people I shoot images of as in my opinion it all helps towards a good relationship.:)

George.

Do you use any other lenses, George? :D

Yeh sometimes !!!, but I just happen to really like this optic.:D:D

But just for you sir, I'll try something else and try to improve.:mooning:

George.

Just had a go at the 16 f1.4 and 90 f2 and WOW. Quiet and sharp with amazing build quality. The 90 is really fast and both are accurate. So tempted but I will wait to see if I can sell some of my other lenses first

Took the XT1 to a wedding yesterday, I wasn't the official photographer but I don't hold much hope in her delivering good images so took more than I usually would.

mainly used the 35mm with the 56 being used occasionally, shot it all pretty much wide open. Really impressed with the XT1, focussing was good and didn't miss too many shots. I loved using the 56mm, so I now want the 23 and 90! Didn't miss the zooms from my Canon days.

I keep saying this but the camera felt right for me, with Auto ISO and shooting aperture priority (+ exposure comp to suit) I worried less about unimportant stuff like settings and worried more about composition and capturing special moments.

Just had a go at the 16 f1.4 and 90 f2 and WOW. Quiet and sharp with amazing build quality. The 90 is really fast and both are accurate. So tempted but I will wait to see if I can sell some of my other lenses first

I am temped by the 90mm,but money wise might have to wait :)

Any X owners here shoot/use the XF10-24mm lens? What's your thoughts on this versatile wide zoom please?

Thanks;
Peter

It's the only really wide lens I've ever had but I love mine. Bought somewhat on a whim just before going for a tour of Pripyat and Chernobyl but did everything I wanted from it all day long. Obviously it only goes to f4 but would cost a fortune if it was an f2, and that's not really what a wide zoom is about anyway.

I was no more than 5 feet from this gate and not a shred of distortion.

Chernobyl
by stickyfiddle, on Flickr

Kindergarten, Pripyat

Pripyat

Last edited:
Any X owners here shoot/use the XF10-24mm lens? What's your thoughts on this versatile wide zoom please?

Thanks;
Peter

Hi Peter, I bought the 10-24mm about 8 months ago and haven't used or wanted any other lens since. It's really well built (as with most Fuji glass) and is a joy to use. I shoot mostly land/seascapes and having come from Nikon with the sigma 10-20mm being one of my favourites it was an easy decision to get the Fuji. As I shoot landscapes maximum aperture of F/4 doesn't present a problem. I guess your intended use will determine if this is for you.

Buy an 16-55mm :D

I've already got one Simon, but very rarely use it. Most of the time I don't even bother to take it out with me. I prefer to take out the 10-24mm, the 35mm, and my beloved 55-200mm. "Voila". :D:D

George.

Thanks;
Peter

"Excellent" Peter, It's a really great lens.(y)

George.

My fav lens 16-55 F2.8 and the 18-135mm :D

I've heard the 18-135mm is a good lens Simon, but I've never tried one so really can't comment on it. At the end of the day (or even at the beginning :D) it's all down to personal preference and what an individual prefers to work with.(y)

George.

I've heard the 18-135mm is a good lens Simon, but I've never tried one so really can't comment on it. At the end of the day (or even at the beginning :D) it's all down to personal preference and what an individual prefers to work with.(y)

George.

It is,the 18-135mm make an good walk round lens if you only want to take out one lens :)

Hi,

Looking for a general opinion on which second lens to get.

I am picking up an xt1 and a 35mm prime. But have enough budget for a second lens.
I am trying to pick between the more versatile 18-55 vs the 60mm. I would love the 52mm but don't have budget for that.

Mostly going to be using the camera for photos of my family. And portrait usage. In studio and outside. Don't have much interest in landscape photography.

What would your recommendations be? I saw a thread saying the autofocus was much better on the 60mm with 4.0 firmware.

Alternatively I am open to other suggestions depending on price. I am leaning towards the 60mm

Thanks in advance.

It's the only really wide lens I've ever had but I love mine. Bought somewhat on a whim just before going for a tour of Pripyat and Chernobyl but did everything I wanted from it all day long. Obviously it only goes to f4 but would cost a fortune if it was an f2, and that's not really what a wide zoom is about anyway.

I was no more than 5 feet from this gate and not a shred of distortion.

Chernobyl

Kindergarten, Pripyat

Pripyat

Wow, number two is really dramatic. Superb.

Hi,

Looking for a general opinion on which second lens to get.

I am picking up an xt1 and a 35mm prime. But have enough budget for a second lens.
I am trying to pick between the more versatile 18-55 vs the 60mm. I would love the 52mm but don't have budget for that.

Mostly going to be using the camera for photos of my family. And portrait usage. In studio and outside. Don't have much interest in landscape photography.

What would your recommendations be? I saw a thread saying the autofocus was much better on the 60mm with 4.0 firmware.

Alternatively I am open to other suggestions depending on price. I am leaning towards the 60mm

Thanks in advance.
The 60mm is a great lens but I cant recommend it for macro work but if you want it for portrait then I would say go for it. I used to own it for macro but auto focus was a nightmare and manual was waste of time.

Check out Damian Lovegroves work with the 60mm... Absolutely superb and I'm sure i read somewhere that he prefers the rendering from it more so than the 56.

The AF can be damn annoying though. Especially in backlit situations.

Check out Damian Lovegroves work with the 60mm... Absolutely superb and I'm sure i read somewhere that he prefers the rendering from it more so than the 56.

The AF can be damn annoying though. Especially in backlit situations.

When I met him at Park Cameras few months ago :naughty::D, he recommended that I buy the 56mm f1.2 instead of the 60mm if I was going to use it purely for portrait work but he talked about how the 60mm has a special bokeh that reminded him of oil paintings.

Back