The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

£75 cashback and a free grip if you buy today from a UK retailer.

18-55 is £200 so you have to decide if the price difference going grey is worth it I suppose.

It's perfectly acceptable to say which UK retailer. No need to be shy !

Ordered with WEX but didnt see anything about a free grip.

EDIT: Should have read the bit about buying with an 18-135.

Last edited:
Quick question for you all.

Xt1, Zeiss 32, Fuji 60mm

Or

Xt10, Zeiss 32mm 16-50 and Fuji 56mm?

Mostly portrait work and kids. I am thinking glass is the better bet. How much compromise does that make vs the xt1 to go with the xt10?

Xt1, Zeiss 32, Fuji 60mm

Or

Mostly portrait work and kids. I am thinking glass is the better bet. How much compromise does that make vs the xt1 to go with the xt10?

Ok for me XT-1 16-50mm & 56mm :)

Having had a good month with the X-T10 coming from an X-Pro1, the transition has been a good one! Was in Amsterdam beginning of July and it was a great travel camera, and have been out and about with it since and found it a lot more refined in terms of AF, not to mentioned being great to use. The electronic shutter has come in use a few times too!
Personally I've no regrets of going X-T10 over X-T1 :)

i need more post like this.... i think i am heading the xt10 route too.

just seen the £999 deal for the xt10, 18-55 and 55-200 zooms. looks a pretty good price for both of those.

Although i have just seen this from damien lovegrove which now has me guessing which route to go lens wise...

"If I’m shooting beauty or outdoor figure in the landscape shots I take the Fujifilm 60mm f/2.4 Macroinstead of the Fujifilm 56mm f/1.2. I just love the look of the bokeh of the 60mm wide open at f/2.4. It has a more painterly look than that of the 56mm lens. I can get right in on the 60mm too without resorting to using macro mode.

The Fujifilm 60mm f/2.4 is probably my favourite lens in the Fujifilm line up and it was the first that I bought."

The fuji 60mm is a strong contender in his eyes.

XT1 plus 60mm is in budget

Last edited:
i need more post like this.... i think i am heading the xt10 route too.

Best thing to do would be to try both in store somewhere and compare. The X-T10 may feel a bit too small, especially if you are thinking the bigger lenses.

For me it feels spot on, but for others the X-T1 may be more fitting. At the time I wasn't wanting to pay quite a bit extra for an X-T1, but then that would likely be a completely different story if the X-T10 didn't feel right upon testing it.
Coming from an XP1, it felt a lot better IMO. However, that viewfinder in the X-T1 is rather nice!!

Good luck whatever you decide :) Both are great cameras. Wex listed 27 key differences between them if you want a quick summary read: http://www.wexphotographic.com/blog/fuji-x-t10-vs-x-t1-27-key-differences

just seen the £999 deal for the xt10, 18-55 and 55-200 zooms. looks a pretty good price for both of those.

Although i have just seen this from damien lovegrove which now has me guessing which route to go lens wise...

"If I’m shooting beauty or outdoor figure in the landscape shots I take the Fujifilm 60mm f/2.4 Macroinstead of the Fujifilm 56mm f/1.2. I just love the look of the bokeh of the 60mm wide open at f/2.4. It has a more painterly look than that of the 56mm lens. I can get right in on the 60mm too without resorting to using macro mode.

The Fujifilm 60mm f/2.4 is probably my favourite lens in the Fujifilm line up and it was the first that I bought."

The 60mm is a great lens image quality wise if you don't need the extra stops the 56mm give you. It's a little slower focussing than the 56. The 56 isn't the most simple lens to use wide open at 1.2, the 60mm, being 2.4 is more forgiving, and although not being a true macro will shoot closer.

I previously had a 60mm before swapping to the 56mm and loved it. Only sold it as the 56mm was one lens I had my heart set on.

I know they are both great. The xt10 would probably need an additional grip. But I see they are cheap on eBay now. Think I am leaning to xt10 plus 56mm

The 60mm is a great lens image quality wise if you don't need the extra stops the 56mm give you. It's a little slower focussing than the 56. The 56 isn't the most simple lens to use wide open at 1.2, the 60mm, being 2.4 is more forgiving, and although not being a true macro will shoot closer.

I previously had a 60mm before swapping to the 56mm and loved it. Only sold it as the 56mm was one lens I had my heart set on.

Do you miss the 60mm?

Do you miss the 60mm?

I wouldn't say I miss it, the 56mm more than makes up for it. I wanted the extra stops the 56mm gives. The Macro facility of the 60mm is handy to have at times to close focus.

But if you're struggling for budget or to justify the additional outlay between the two It's definitely worth consideration, especially looking around for a second hand or refurb one. It's slower to focus for sure, but the quality is still there, the 60mm is definitely an admirable performer from an image quality point of view.

For me glass before cameras. Good glass is joy to use on any camera. I had the 60mm and although it is a sharp lens the focus speed killed it for me. Now I use the 56mm and I love it.

For me glass before cameras. Good glass is joy to use on any camera. I had the 60mm and although it is a sharp lens the focus speed killed it for me. Now I use the 56mm and I love it.

This, if you're trying to hit a moving target the 60mm is not a lens to reach for. It is a beautiful lens though.

I find the X-T10 a great size especially with the 18 and 35 lenses, I originally purchased the 18-55 but found it a bit top heavy so sold it and purchased the 16-50 which feels better balanced however it may be better with the grip.

Last edited:
I find the X-T10 a great size especially with the 18 and 35 lenses, I originally purchased the 18-55 but found it a bit top heavy so sold it and purchased the 16-50 which feels better balanced however it may be better with the grip.

Went in to LCE today to fondle... sorry, handle a XT-10. The 18-55 feels fine; the 55-200 does feel a bit front heavy; I imagine a different carrying approach would be required (carry the lens rather than the camera). The 50-230 did feel better. However, they told me they would soon be offering a double kit lens offer, XT-10 plus 18-55 plus 55-200 for £999, which means you're paying £200 for the 55-200 zoom, compared to £299 for the 50-230. Hmmm.

Need to sell some other gear first...

One thing I did notice that I have not heard commented on. Colours in the EVF look rather different than those on the rear screen (and indeed, in life). Not sure if this is just an in-shop artefact (down to lighting colour temperature). Anyone managed to get rid of this (also seemed apparent in a XE-2).

One thing I did notice that I have not heard commented on. Colours in the EVF look rather different than those on the rear screen (and indeed, in life). Not sure if this is just an in-shop artefact (down to lighting colour temperature). Anyone managed to get rid of this (also seemed apparent in a XE-2).

My brother in law has one and I noticed that too. The EVF had a strong bluish cast.

AL

Went in to LCE today to fondle... sorry, handle a XT-10. The 18-55 feels fine; the 55-200 does feel a bit front heavy; I imagine a different carrying approach would be required (carry the lens rather than the camera). The 50-230 did feel better. However, they told me they would soon be offering a double kit lens offer, XT-10 plus 18-55 plus 55-200 for £999, which means you're paying £200 for the 55-200 zoom, compared to £299 for the 50-230. Hmmm.

Need to sell some other gear first...

They have that bundle on wex. It's a very tempting deal to get both zooms.

Only the second time I've used a 10 stop and still learning and experimenting. I was trying to get some motion blur from people at the bottom of the statue which I have done in places but was hoping for more people Maybe I should have used a 3 stop filter I don't know you tell me?

I've just recently re acquired a 35mm f1.4 and have had it on my x pro1 the last couple of days, I'd forgotten how good this lens was, I sold mine a year ago to fund the purchase of an 18-55mm. Tonight I put it on my xt1 and something strange is happening. The camera is set to Af-s it continuously hunts as if in af-c mode. It will lock on to focus if I half push the shutter release but as soon as I let go it starts hunting for focus again. Camera f/w is 4.0 and the lens is 3.40. All my other lenses are working as they should on the xt1 and the 35mm works without any issue in my xpro1. Any ideas anyone ?

Only the second time I've used a 10 stop and still learning and experimenting. I was trying to get some motion blur from people at the bottom of the statue which I have done in places but was hoping for more people Maybe I should have used a 3 stop filter I don't know you tell me?

I've used a 3 stop or 6 stop in the past depending on weather to get a shutter speed of a 2-3 seconds. That usually gets motion blur from people depending on what they are doing. This was people walking towards me in my case.

I've just recently re acquired a 35mm f1.4 and have had it on my x pro1 the last couple of days, I'd forgotten how good this lens was, I sold mine a year ago to fund the purchase of an 18-55mm. Tonight I put it on my xt1 and something strange is happening. The camera is set to Af-s it continuously hunts as if in af-c mode. It will lock on to focus if I half push the shutter release but as soon as I let go it starts hunting for focus again. Camera f/w is 4.0 and the lens is 3.40. All my other lenses are working as they should on the xt1 and the 35mm works without any issue in my xpro1. Any ideas anyone ?
Pre focus? But then again other lenses are fine:thinking:

Last edited:

Xt1, Zeiss 32, Fuji 60mm

Or

I use to have the X-T1 with the 60mm, that combination helped me achieve 2nd place in last months POTY

Happy Faces by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Its a good lens,not the fastest to focus but my copy certainly was nice and sharp.

Because of a sudden rush on finances had to sell all my fuji gear and now shooting with an EM5, its a nice camera but I can't wait until I can afford another X-T1 :)

Last edited:
guys, im firmly set on the xt1 (when funds allow) and already have the 23mm to replace my 35 mm on FF, i will be marrying this with a 56mm at some stage. My question is wide prime or 10-24mm? if i go down the wide prime which one, for what i can see there is 14mm, 16mm & 18mm.

The 18mm is not that far off the 23mm to warrant a new lens. so leaves the 14mm & 16mm, Im not really worried about wide open apertures at this focal length due to it mainly being for landscape photography.

I think my question is; which lens performs the best for landscape work?

guys, im firmly set on the xt1 (when funds allow) and already have the 23mm to replace my 35 mm on FF, i will be marrying this with a 56mm at some stage. My question is wide prime or 10-24mm? if i go down the wide prime which one, for what i can see there is 14mm, 16mm & 18mm.

The 18mm is not that far off the 23mm to warrant a new lens. so leaves the 14mm & 16mm, Im not really worried about wide open apertures at this focal length due to it mainly being for landscape photography.

I think my question is; which lens performs the best for landscape work?
Go for the wider one, the 14mm. It's pin-sharp, and cheaper than the 16mm. You can always crop it to 16mm equivalent FOV. Only problem is that it's not water resistant, if that's an issue. Oh, and check the aperture ring. Some copies were a bit looser than I like. However, there's nowt wrong with the 10-24 if funds permit.

Go for the wider one, the 14mm. It's pin-sharp, and cheaper than the 16mm. You can always crop it to 16mm equivalent FOV. Only problem is that it's not water resistant, if that's an issue. Oh, and check the aperture ring. Some copies were a bit looser than I like. However, there's nowt wrong with the 10-24 if funds permit.

Do you have any example shots you could share in terms of its sharpness and also a perspective of FOV ?

I seem to remember he liked the 100/2.8L macro when he shot Canon for similar reasons. I ended up selling the 85/1.2 as a result and fully agreed with him, the minimum focus distance of a macro is great for portrait use. I've got the fuji 56 now having sold the 60 and don't see a huge difference in IQ so it comes down to MFD v faster aperture. You can see from lovegrove's pictures that he likes to get in close so I can understand why he chose the 60.

Back