The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Having had a good month with the X-T10 coming from an X-Pro1, the transition has been a good one! Was in Amsterdam beginning of July and it was a great travel camera, and have been out and about with it since and found it a lot more refined in terms of AF, not to mentioned being great to use. The electronic shutter has come in use a few times too!
Personally I've no regrets of going X-T10 over X-T1 :)

Having had a good month with the X-T10 coming from an X-Pro1, the transition has been a good one! Was in Amsterdam beginning of July and it was a great travel camera, and have been out and about with it since and found it a lot more refined in terms of AF, not to mentioned being great to use. The electronic shutter has come in use a few times too!

Only because you don't know what you're missing out on... :whistle:

Situated several miles inland and no longer operational; this once played a vital role in helping ships navigate the treacherous sandbaks in the entrance to the Mersey.

Bidston Lighthouse
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

That's nice Frank, with some great PP work. For me a tad cropped from the left would improve the composition.(y)

George.

That's nice Frank, with some great PP work. For me a tad cropped from the left would improve the composition.(y)

George.
Thanks George. I did play with that but couldn't make my mind up where to crop so in the end I did nothing!!!
I was quite impressed with my PP work. The original was very close to the delete button.

That's nice Tim, I'm kinda guessin' they're looking at the official tog but never the less still a nice shot. Maybe just by luck or possibly planned but I do like to see the brides wedding ring where possible in wedding pictures.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Definitely luck, yeah looking at the official "photographer" I kind of like them looking away from the camera. the 56mm is definitely a beauty!

I am also now in the club. I have fallen for the fuji and the light weight of it. The weight of all my Nikon stuff for a wedding had me in tears by the end of the day.

More surgery to hopefully fix my knees and ankles this year be for the time being i am loving the fuji world.

Let's see some of the Amsterdam shots, one of my favourite cities :)

Let's see some of the Amsterdam shots, one of my favourite cities :)

It's a lovely place. First time I went. I shamefully haven't gone through them all yet. I've been so slack on the editing/sorting lately. My Lightroom keeps playing up too anytime I export something.
I'm off this week so it's a job that's on the list to sort out!

I used the 18mm and 35mm. Must admit, while the 18mm is decent, the 35mm was my preferred for most of it.

I can't remember who it was but somebody asked a short time ago if anyone used an X-T1 for macro/close up type photography. Well this is one of the setups that I use from time to time that gives me some really good results.

It's obviously an X-T1, with the 55-200mm, and a Raynox 202, on board. The flash is the Nissin i40 with the Nissin SC-01 Universal cord. And the bracket holding the flash I made out of an old drive shaft coupling support and a cheap flash bracket just bent into shape and bolted together. The diffusion for the flash is made out of various bits of foam packaging fired through a bit more diffusion made out of a polystyrene plate with a bit more foam packaging stuck to it.

This particular setup will get you from a 16mm scene width down to a 6mm scene width = (x4 life size).
The same setup with the Raynox 250 on board will get you from a 46mm scene width down to a 15mm scene width = (not quite x2 life size)

FMMB (1)-31903 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

FMMB (2)-31906 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

FMMB (3)-31912 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

FMMB (4)-31909 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and I hope some of you find this interesting.(y) (P.S. :- These actual shots were taken using a Fuji X30.)

George.

Just waiting for WEX to sort out my px then I'm buying an x-t1. Not sure where the cheapest is to buy it though.

I could just get the verticl grip from wex. Makes no sense to get the camera there because for the same money I could get an 18-55 as well from either digi rev or panamoz

£80 bonus too if you trade in and buy from Wex?

Officially the trade in to trade up - ie Fuji Trade In expires today. There doesn't seem to be an expiry date on the DSLR trade in.

I could just get the verticl grip from wex. Makes no sense to get the camera there because for the same money I could get an 18-55 as well from either digi rev or panamoz

Officially the Vertical Grip is free with an X-T1 + 18-135 purchase at the moment. This expires today as well

£75 cashback and a free grip if you buy today from a UK retailer.

18-55 is £200 so you have to decide if the price difference going grey is worth it I suppose.

Back