The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The 10-24 is a quality lens, I sold mine and went for the Zeiss 12mm for a more compact set up, but I miss the 10-24 [emoji17]

The 56 makes up for it though, it's sublime [emoji3]

That's a nice shot Stephen, well composed with a great sky. Wasn't sure about the gate & post being left in at first but then I thought Hey!! they give the shot some depth. "Great Stuff".(y)

George
Thanks George. There's always debate about shooting a closed gate, but I like to buck rules sometimes (often!).

Out of interest, does anyone run Canon EF lenses on their Fuji ? I have this idea of using my 300 f4 on my X-T1 (or T2 when it comes...)

Wish me luck! I'm nearly in London. Gonna head to Jessops, Park and Cameraworld in a vain hope for some random delivery today full of X-T2's! I'm at least hopeful of handling a display model.....

Out of interest, does anyone run Canon EF lenses on their Fuji ? I have this idea of using my 300 f4 on my X-T1 (or T2 when it comes...)

Unfortunately the common adapters won't change the aperture on EF lenses, so they're not great for adapting. There are some around with aperture blades built in, but they're in the wrong location within the optical path, so not really the same thing.

I sold my 300/4L recently, a really great lens but it was just too big on the Fooj (IMO).

Must admit am really liking the X-T2

The detail from this sensor is excellent and really like Acros aswell.

i-Hm8HMBc-XL.jpg

I used to use Acros in my film cameras and loved it, looking like they have made as 1st class job of the simulation too.

The 10-24 is a quality lens, I sold mine and went for the Zeiss 12mm for a more compact set up, but I miss the 10-24 [emoji17]

The 56 makes up for it though, it's sublime [emoji3]
I love my 56mm but rarely take it out of the studio apart from the odd outdoor portrait, maybe I need to do it more often.

I've admitted defeat!

Here's everyone's official line -

Park - end of October but 90% of those are preorders.

Jessops - no idea. 130 on back order. Can preorder with deposit

Cameraworld. November ish...

Big Currys digital - probably won't stock them.

Now to make myself feel better by buying some comic books from Forbidden Planet ....

For something slightly wider I'd check out the XF18mm f2, such a GREAT lens quality wise, very underrated and not much talked about/discussed. It's around a third of the price of the XF23mm f1.4.

Check this link out if you get a chance;

http://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=fujifilm_18mm

Regards;
Pete
Totally agree with this about the 18mm.Dont get me wrong the 23 1.4 is one of the sharpest lenses in the fuji range but I recently sold mine for a 16-55. I've repurchased and 18mm and 35 f2 for when I want to carry a light kit/grab and go with me. It's so small and provides good quality maybe not as sharp as the 23 but I'm not a pixel peeper. For the price of the 23 you can pick up the 18 and 35.

I've admitted defeat!

Now to make myself feel better by buying some comic books from Forbidden Planet ....
If you order from Panamoz mine was despatched Monday and delivered Wednesday 2 days from Hong Kong.

Have you tried Chiswick Cameras? I only pre ordered for a week with them and they had a delivery on Thursday to tell me they received stock but I had already received my order from Panamoz.

Somewhere in Cornwall I forget where. Edit :- Its "Lands End". Not "Acros" film sim (as I don't have an X-T2 of my own yet) just a plain old mono conversion in LR & PS.:D

"I've removed this shot from this thread as I mistakenly put it in as being taken on an X-T1 when in fact it wasn't". Sorry For My Mistake. :banghead:

:ty: for looking.,(y)

George.

Last edited:
Great composition George, and cool rock formations.

I've had a busy day cleaning the pond, and just cut the lawn, knackered

View attachment 74834

[emoji38]

Think yourself lucky Gregg, that by the looks of it you've only got a little house.:D Good shot though Sir.(y)

George.

Great composition George, and cool rock formations.

I've had a busy day cleaning the pond, and just cut the lawn, knackered

View attachment 74834

[emoji38]

Surely if I bought a house that size I'd be allowed a lens room again? There'd have to be a spare room somewhere, no way my missus could fill them all with kids in under 5 years.

Can anyone recommend a good free ebook for the XT1 as I find the manual doesn't explain the features very well?

Surely if I bought a house that size I'd be allowed a lens room again? There'd have to be a spare room somewhere, no way my missus could fill them all with kids in under 5 years.

I'd imagine you could have a special courier delivery entrance that the wife didn't know about, and then an un-wrapping room behind a secret panel with a chute for packaging recycling, which then lead onto the lens room.

Not that I've spent time thinking about it!

Can anyone recommend a good free ebook for the XT1 as I find the manual doesn't explain the features very well?

I found more out online in all honesty about my X-T1 than any of the books or pdf's could offer.
Fujilove.com is a fairly good read either via subscription or even just free and looking through the articles but also found loads of really good bits on youtube.

I've admitted defeat!

Give Clocktower Cameras a ring as i really cant fault how good they were with getting me an X-T2

Other than that as has been said Panamoz are excellent and beat a lot of UK suppliers for service and i have even had warranty dealings with them and Canon gear and cant fault their 3 year in house warranty.

Last edited:
Ive got Rico Pfirstinger's paper book. Not sure if it's "e" but it's good. Might let mine go now I'm on the T2.

@Mr Perceptive
Bon journo. I'm back from sunny Roma.
What have I missed?
Tickets for Digital Splash have arrived. Both days, so decide which day you want to buy me all the beer you owe me and we'll meet there.

Give Clocktower Cameras a ring as i really cant fault how good they were with getting me an X-T2

Other than that as has been said Panamoz are excellent and beat a lot of UK suppliers for service and i have even had warranty dealings with them and Canon gear and cant fault their 3 year in house warranty.

Thanks. Do Panamoz pay the import tax like DigitalRev?

@Mr Perceptive
Bon journo. I'm back from sunny Roma.
What have I missed?
Tickets for Digital Splash have arrived. Both days, so decide which day you want to buy me all the beer you owe me and we'll meet there.
Is digital splash good as I'm thinking about going?

Never been but get the impression that it's basically a means to get you to part with your cash. Our leader reckons you get some good tips and ideas. Normally you have to pay for tickets and I won't buy tickets to a do that wants me to spend money but there is/was free tickets if you registered. There is a link on this thread but it will get several pages back so Google will be your friend.

Our leader will no doubt be along shortly with words of wisdom.

Never been but get the impression that it's basically a means to get you to part with your cash. Our leader reckons you get some good tips and ideas. Normally you have to pay for tickets and I won't buy tickets to a do that wants me to spend money but there is/was free tickets if you registered. There is a link on this thread but it will get several pages back so Google will be your friend.

Our leader will no doubt be along shortly with words of wisdom.
Thanks. Yeah, I have the option for free tickets, just didn't know whether it was worth going and what it was like. If it's a sort of smaller version of the photography show at the NEC then I'd think about going. If it's just a few people stood behind desks then I'll give it a miss ;)

Thanks. Do Panamoz pay the import tax like DigitalRev?

They will cover the cost or should i say reimburse you the cost if you are charged but i don't think they pay it up front or at least didn't a year or so ago.
Has always been a great debate about not being covered by the distant sellers laws as your also paying by bank transfer a lot of the time and also that you are accepting full responsibility as the sole importer of the product.
You need to way up both from a price and conscience point of view if you are willing to take the risk,i have done so and have no problem using them for items i cant obtain easily in the UK.

@mickledore @snerkler

I think I said it's a chance to fondle some new gear, as for tips and ideas, I suspect that's unlikely, but combined with a few snaps around Liverpool plus a jar or two should make a good day out. Not sure on which day yet, neither Liverpool or Everton are at home on either of those days, so the selection is a bit more open. I think I'd go for the Saturday as there are more trains for me, an hourly service rather than a two hourly one starting at midday!! The train is compulsory to enable the jars to be consumed, my thoughts are a couple of hours at Digital Splash, coffee + lunch, a few snaps around parts of Liverpool if weather ok, followed by Beer (probably with chips to soak up the beer) then train home.

@mickledore, any camera action in Rome, or was it all pizzas and vino collapso ??

@mickledore @snerkler

I think I said it's a chance to fondle some new gear, as for tips and ideas, I suspect that's unlikely, but combined with a few snaps around Liverpool plus a jar or two should make a good day out. Not sure on which day yet, neither Liverpool or Everton are at home on either of those days, so the selection is a bit more open. I think I'd go for the Saturday as there are more trains for me, an hourly service rather than a two hourly one starting at midday!! The train is compulsory to enable the jars to be consumed, my thoughts are a couple of hours at Digital Splash, coffee + lunch, a few snaps around parts of Liverpool if weather ok, followed by Beer (probably with chips to soak up the beer) then train home.

@mickledore, any camera action in Rome, or was it all pizzas and vino collapso ??
If I go it'd have to be Sunday for me as I work Saturdays.

@mickledore @snerkler

Saturday would be better for me too. Plan as stated sounds just about perfect for me.

As to Roma. ...there were four of us and just one camera. Draw your own conclusions! Got a few but suspect there will not be many that are not just typical holiday snaps.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help guys. Weighing it up I'm just gonna Pre-order from my local Jessops or Park and get the £100 trade in too. Considering the far eastern imports aren't much cheaper, it seems sensible to wait and at least there'll be no risks.

Back