The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Ok, I've got some batteries, read the manual and downloaded the app for remote control.
I just need the camera.

COME ON FUJI....

So is this a replacement for the X-Pro 1? I'm a little confused and I was going to buy the X-Pro 1 tonight :eek:

So is this a replacement for the X-Pro 1? I'm a little confused and I was going to buy the X-Pro 1 tonight :eek:

I wouldn't say this was a replacement for the X-Pro 1. Seems like it's a different pedigree of camera completely and more geared towards action photography.

I'm thinking I'll be holding off for a real X-Pro 1 successor.

I wouldn't say this was a replacement for the X-Pro 1. Seems like it's a different pedigree of camera completely and more geared towards action photography.

I'm thinking I'll be holding off for a real X-Pro 1 successor.

Rumoured to be next year though, isn't it? Not sure I can wait that long to be honest!

No more of bringing out an model to take on Olympus EM range,the big talk was of an X-Pro 1 replacement being FF and maybe looking at next year now :)

No more of bringing out an model to take on Olympus EM range,the big talk was of an X-Pro 1 replacement being FF and maybe looking at next year now :)

Fuji has already said they wont be making a FF interchangeable.

Maybe the success of the sony a7/r has made them change there mind?

I doubt it, they are focusing on developing organic sensors which is the next big thing, none of the X/C/F lenses are for FF. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Was it Fuji who said they also wouldn't/couldn't make a teleconverter for the X100(S)? Might have just been somebody's opinion, but I wouldn't completely rule out a full frame Fuji option.

Quote from Fuji
Will X-Trans sensors get bigger, in the future?
At the moment we’re focusing on the APS-C format but in the longer term, after we’ve completed our lens lineup… I can’t deny the possibility.

So you never know :)

Maybe the success of the sony a7/r has made them change there mind?

Define "success".. technically great, but lacking a native lens line-up that would make the system practical. I doubt sales figures are really all that great - despite the body pricing, the system buy-in price for Sony FE is very high.

Sony currently divide their camera division across three different occasionally-compatible ILC mount systems, they can't make their mind upon the branding and they have next to no reputation for product support. Sony wouldn't have released the firmware updates we've seen Fuji release for the X-Pro1, they'd instead have released three incrementally improved new models which would have left buyers of the original model feeling slightly hard done by wondering why these basic features couldn't have been added to the premium early-adopter model they over-paid to pre-order.

I'm very happy for Fuji to continue to develop the X-series with APS-C sensors, keeping to the one lens mount and full compatibility.

Another proof that the focus tracking works. :)

Very positive.

But is it too much to ask for someone, anyone, to see what the AF is like in low indoor light with at, say, f2, with a person (so focussing on an eye rather than a HONKING GREAT CAR TRAVELLING IN A STRAIGHT LINE AT YOU IN FULL SUNLIGHT), using an outer AF point?

This video tells us little - what part of the car were they focussing on, how many frames were bang on, what aperture were they at?

Please, someone, anyone....

Very positive.

But is it too much to ask for someone, anyone, to see what the AF is like in low indoor light with at, say, f2, with a person (so focussing on an eye rather than a HONKING GREAT CAR TRAVELLING IN A STRAIGHT LINE AT YOU IN FULL SUNLIGHT), using an outer AF point?

This video tells us little - what part of the car were they focussing on, how many frames were bang on, what aperture were they at?

Agreed, HATE it when they test in ideal conditions. Fujis AF performance is known to drop significantly in lower light so why do they continue to test in ideal conditions!!

Agree but I m still excited that focus tracking does work on moving subjects. The main reason that is stopping me from ditching my DSLR is the fact that mirrorless cameras are not there yet but with this fuji things are heading in the right direction and I will be keeping a close eye on it

Fuji don't follow fashions, that would be a joke. You know they're going to set them, set them. So everyone can take note.

I've not really followed the X-T1 launch as I'm more than happy with x-pro and x-e1 but my impression is that it is a definite nod to the OMD range (a set of cameras I tried but didn't like). The x100-x-e2 look innovative but the x-t1 seems to me to be one place they are following fashions a little.

I have spoken to Fuji today. The pre-orders are going out next week. They have now also withdrawn the offer of a free leather case due to the high demand.

I have spoken to Fuji today. The pre-orders are going out next week. They have now also withdrawn the offer of a free leather case due to the high demand.

They can keep the case, the other regions are offering a free grip!

Very positive.

I shoot quite a bit in low light but nearly always shoot on single frame,so not had that many problems with any Fuji focusing in low light,but if i was a pro shooting in low light a lot i:e sport maybe i would be looking at say an Canon 1DX or Nikon D4/3s which are a lot better suited to the the job :)

I shoot quite a bit in low light but nearly always shoot on single frame,so not had that many problems with any Fuji focusing in low light,but if i was a pro shooting in low light a lot i:e sport maybe i would be looking at say an Canon 1DX or Nikon D4/3s which are a lot better suited to the the job :)

But a great deal heavier !

I couldn't resist, as 90% of my photos involve moving objects, usually 60mph+ it seemed like the right thing to do. My X-Pro1 is barely used as I prefer the tilting screen of the X-M1 for day to day stuff, so the X-T1 should be the best of both worlds and replace both of my current bodies.

Which is why I use a pair of D3s's....

That's what I've been struggling with in terms of mirrorless systems, very little in the way of long telephoto lens out there at the moment. Micro 4/3 seems ideally placed with the 2x crop factor, but they've both dragged their heals in terms of committing to a decent fast-ish telephoto.

Hard to complain in some respects as Fuji, Olympus etc have built systems up from the ground very quickly, but there seems to be increasing demand which does get a bit frustrating when another lens appears just 2mm different from another at the shorter lengths.

The 55-200 is a cracking lens, just not long enough for many situations, I'm struggling to commit fully due to the long wait for the new telephoto.

That's what I've been struggling with in terms of mirrorless systems, very little in the way of long telephoto lens out there at the moment. Micro 4/3 seems ideally placed with the 2x crop factor, but they've both dragged their heals in terms of committing to a decent fast-ish telephoto.

Hard to complain in some respects as Fuji, Olympus etc have built systems up from the ground very quickly, but there seems to be increasing demand which does get a bit frustrating when another lens appears just 2mm different from another at the shorter lengths.

The 55-200 is a cracking lens, just not long enough for many situations, I'm struggling to commit fully due to the long wait for the new telephoto.

Olympus 300mm F4 coming.

http://www.43rumors.com/first-pictures-of-the-next-two-olympus-pro-zooms-7-18mm-f2-8-and-300mm-f4-0/

Last edited:

The big thing is its hard to make small fast aperture tele lens,size wise they will still be pretty big :)

Back