The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Nah - I'm one of the southern softies who wears a beanie when it's cold, rather than a proper Yorkshire flat clap :LOL:
I was referring to your comment about "a proper northerner" ;)

I was referring to the wader :)

I'm guessing that's one of the most photographed trees in the UK. Providing a unique photo is worth the dedication, and I duff my hat to you sir.

However - if you was a proper northerner - you'd have been caught not on your phone, but instead, with hands on hips, wearing nothing more than a pair of budgie smugglers and a big grin :D

Now there's a unique tree shot for your next meet - that tip came for free :kiss:
That wasn't taken anywhere near the tree.

Great detail on the spikes, what lens? 60mm?

Many thanks Keith, much appreciated.(y)

"As the post says the lens was a 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) @ F8"

George.

Exif data hidden :(

Forgot you mentioned you used a 105 :) Some really nice macro in your flickr folder

hope some one can help, when i put a flash onto my XT2 and try to take pix the screen is really dark and so is the viewfinder.Is there something i have not set right???

hope some one can help, when i put a flash onto my XT2 and try to take pix the screen is really dark and so is the viewfinder.Is there something i have not set right???

preview exp in manual mode = off

Allan, You've probably got the camera set to show preview exposure in manual mode, disengage this and all should be fine. I can't give you a reference as to where the item is as I don't have access to my camera or manual at the moment. It's probably in the user settings bit of the menu.(y)

Hope this helps.,

George.

Last edited:
Yes, you have the system set to preview exposure, and as it doesn't know what the flash is going to do it previews the settings it does know about, ie, IDO, shutter and aperture. I'd tell you what to switch off but the camera's in another room.

better than mine

That's because George knows what he's doing :sneaky::whistle:

I actually like your shot too, it's just not as sharp that's all and most of that will be down to f2.2 vs f8 ;)

Still getting to grips with the XT1(it hasn't replaced my D750, but, it's an interesting little camera to use)

A macro shot using the XT1 and 35mm f1.4 with an achromat lens , which still gives me the auto focus)
I think it's more extreme macro as this is not cropped.

30646754784_e93719bf3f_b.jpg

Still getting to grips with the XT1(it hasn't replaced my D750, but, it's an interesting little camera to use)

A macro shot using the XT1 and 35mm f1.4 with an achromat lens , which still gives me the auto focus)
I think it's more extreme macro as this is not cropped.

30646754784_e93719bf3f_b.jpg

That's a very pleasant image. Roll on spring [emoji849]

Just let you know am still here just don't post much anymore as I sense I've annoyed many of you. Only reading most of time [emoji106]

Just let you know am still here just don't post much anymore as I sense I've annoyed many of you. Only reading most of time [emoji106]
So did you try the XT2 in the end?

My mind has been blown by the recent revelation of adding things to function buttons when they cant be added to my menu. Thanks all for the super tip!

Well I just love my 10-24mm! for a laugh took a selfie in which I look like a young Professor Weeto with it, from about 3 inches away and it's got some impressive resolution, it even managed to show the the scratch in my glasses! At max ISO too! Looking forward to using it for real, just need to sort out a filter system now as there's going to be a lot of sky in a 10mm shot!

I took a few selfies using the 35 1.4, once discovering how close it could focus .... er ... not doing that again, until i get a facial :LOL:

Back