The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple street style shot taken in Canterbury while listening to some Salvation Army musicians.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/200 @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Sally's Music-32731 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.
Nice clean shot George, and I love the reflections (and the fact that you've managed to keep yourself out of them!).

Nice clean shot George, and I love the reflections (and the fact that you've managed to keep yourself out of them!).

Many thanks Stephen, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Some superb images on here today chaps [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Glad to report I snagged a used XT10 locally today, so I was only without an X body for 24 hours. Problem is I now have £1k spare in my GAS account. Will lock myself in a cupboard until the internet closes for the day and I can't buy anything.

Nice shot, I can see you though :D :wave:

Who Me!! Nah, I'm far too ugly to allow myself into shots.:D

Many thanks Keith, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Some superb images on here today chaps [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Glad to report I snagged a used XT10 locally today, so I was only without an X body for 24 hours. Problem is I now have £1k spare in my GAS account. Will lock myself in a cupboard until the internet closes for the day and I can't buy anything.

"RESULT" Gregg, "Enjoy".(y)

George.

I thought you might be the guy we see taking the shot in the white coat? :)

I think that might be the Guy who came to take me away.:whistle: "To the happy home where life is beautiful all the time".:D:D

I have to agree with you, I still shoot 35mm and medium format (6x6, 6x7, 6x8 and 6x9) as well as full frame and now also the XT1, but, they all have a 'purpose', and each one has a use...some clearly are incapable though depending on what I shoot...

But you wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight would you ?

How you could compare Large & Medium formats in the same sentence as an X-T1 I just don't understand, they do very different things....

But you wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight would you ?

How you could compare Large & Medium formats in the same sentence as an X-T1 I just don't understand, they do very different things....

That was my point though... every system brings something to the table. For me the XT1's benefit is it's compactness(but it certainly doesn't give me the 'look' of full frame though).

If I live to be 100 years old I'll never know what people mean by "nice clean shot".

And I'm not sure what the people who say it know what it means either!

If I live to be 100 years old I'll never know what people mean by "nice clean shot".

And I'm not sure what the people who say it know what it means either!
I use clean to describe an image that is free from noise (without getting into the technicalities of whether any image actually is), at least at normal viewing sizes, so yeah I know what I mean when I say it ;) I have seen it used in other contexts though, but you'd have to ask them what they mean by it.

Last edited:
I can live with that one, but "Nice snap" or "nice capture" do my head in.

I can live with that one, but "Nice snap" or "nice capture" do my head in.
What do you want people to say??? :confused:

Sometimes you 'capture' a nice image, especially if it's an unposed impromptu shot. If someone says "nicely captured" or "you've captured that well" I take it as a compliment, as I would expect others to do so if I said that to them. I don't honestly know how else you'd phrase it without getting into a load of technical waffle ;) :p

What do you want people to say??? :confused:

Sometimes you 'capture' a nice image, especially if it's an unposed impromptu shot. If someone says "nicely captured" or "you've captured that well" I take it as a compliment, as I would expect others to do so if I said that to them. I don't honestly know how else you'd phrase it without getting into a load of technical waffle ;) :p

I don't give 2 *&%$s what they say, I said it does my head in. Actually, the snap one, they can go jump with that one, almost anything would be better "I hate that shot" = better! And I don't use a net, so I also dislike 'capture' unless it relates to wildlife shots. You shouldn't lose sleep over what I dislike either way.

I don't give 2 *&%$s what they say, I said it does my head in. Actually, the snap one, they can go jump with that one, almost anything would be better "I hate that shot" = better! And I don't use a net, so I also dislike 'capture' unless it relates to wildlife shots. You shouldn't lose sleep over what I dislike either way.
Don't worry, I don't ;)

I actually don't mind "nice shot" or "nice image" - I think the hatred for "nice snap" comes from my shots not being casual 'snaps' - that one is obvious, a blurred family pic can be a nice snap. But the "nice capture" littered Flickr for years, just ended up driving me nuts. It seemed such a lazy comment.

I don't think it matters what people say, or think. I generally say I've taken snaps when I'm out for a photo walk, but if I've gone to a location just to take photos then I say I've taken an image. Sometimes I take nice snaps...just saying [emoji6]

I feel 'snap' sets a pretty low bar.

A bar in which the photographer may not have cared much for composition, lighting, and just wanted get capture the subject somewhere in the frame to show people something that happened.

I actually don't mind "nice shot" or "nice image" - I think the hatred for "nice snap" comes from my shots not being casual 'snaps' - that one is obvious, a blurred family pic can be a nice snap. But the "nice capture" littered Flickr for years, just ended up driving me nuts. It seemed such a lazy comment.

I feel 'snap' sets a pretty low bar.

A bar in which the photographer may not have cared much for composition, lighting, and just wanted get capture the subject somewhere in the frame to show people something that happened.
I agree, snap implies there wasn't much care and attention paid to the shot

I hate idiots that just love each others shots and offer no feedback.

Maybe they just like the image and are a bit shy? I can like an image without feeling a need to give a critique. We don't 'need' feedback anyway, and I'd rather no comment than "nice snap!" [followed by a dozen smilies]

Last edited:
I'd just bring a nice prime to a wedding. Last one I just brought a 35mm on the D800. I would feel even better about having the XT-1 now, and the 35mm.

Ok here's a question, anyone go to a wedding not a photographer for it and take many lenses?

Took my camera to a my wife's friend's wedding, she had a photographer so I was reluctant to get any of my gear out of the car - but glad I did.

Because of those photos - one of the bride's friend's who also knew my wife asked me to bring my camera to her wedding as well. (she had a photographer)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/62198876@N02/MvCnX3

Shot a bunch with a manual focus 35mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.2 lens, on my old Canon 5d Mark II

It was quite nice having the freedom to shoot wide so much and not have to worry about getting any particular shot..

the story then goes, that I did another of the friend's weddings as the main photographer.. have shot a whole bunch more since :D

Last edited:
I hate idiots that just love each others shots and offer no feedback.

I try an alternative approach along the lines of "wasted your time on that s***ty effort" or " your picture is only worth printing on bog roll"

None of that sappy I (heart shape symbol) your brilliant photo or best ever, I award you five enormous gold stars

Last edited:
Jesus this place is getting worse, going downhill, yadda yadda. All the moaning and general chit chat about complete nonsense, I feel like I'm watching loose women or some other drivel that's televised during your average weekday. There's more Fuji specific chat on Facebook these days ffs.

Maybe I should go back to Nikon, I'm clearly grumpy enough today [emoji19]

Jesus this place is getting worse, going downhill, yadda yadda. All the moaning and general chit chat about complete nonsense, I feel like I'm watching loose women or some other drivel that's televised during your average weekday. There's more Fuji specific chat on Facebook these days ffs.

Maybe I should go back to Nikon, I'm clearly grumpy enough today [emoji19]
Or stick your tampon back in :p

Back