The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Give it a rest........its getting tiresome now, there are people out there who like the X-T2 and there are people who like the X-T1, you yourself said that its a cost issue, so don't milk a non story......

I only posted a video, half a dozen XT2 defenders were all over it, now I should shush? :D You give it a rest maybe. I'm finding it hilarious you're defensive about it.

No need to get narky either way. I just found it amusing that the joystick is the best defence for a camera. They're gadgets end of the day, I don't care which 'you' prefer.

Almost as bad as over inflating the price difference :p

A used XT-1 [which is what I'm comparing] can be got for €500 - 550-ish, an XT-2 over here at least, is €1500. No exaggeration ;)

Actually, it's worse if you had no way to buy online: http://www.connscameras.ie/p/fuji-x-t2/p-4547410325294

€1700 :confused:

Last edited:
I want Fuji to make a X-E3, that design is still my favourite of all the X-Trans cameras.

Joystick is nice as are tilting screens and multi faceted focus systems, but give me the XE range everytime.

I want Fuji to make a X-E3, that design is still my favourite of all the X-Trans cameras.

Joystick is nice as are tilting screens and multi faceted focus systems, but give me the XE range everytime.

[edit] nm, for some reason I thought the SE bodies had no VF ... they look a bit like the Xpro body but smaller?

Last edited:
[edit] nm, for some reason I thought the SE bodies had no VF ... they look a bit like the Xpro body but smaller?

VF on the E1 wasn't great, thinking back the AF wasn't exactly good either, but the output was great. E2 was a big improvement, nigh on identical featurewise to the X-T10 apart from the auto mode.

It's more about how nice they are to use, lightweight yet solid feel and to my mind the best combination of manual and menu based controls.

OK so I sold my X-E2 and am left with the X-T1 and X-T10. But I really want an X-T20 now :LOL:

All this GAS is too much, I don't need anything better at the minute, I barely find time to shoot. So I bought a new laptop instead :naughty: And a new tablet :help:

lexar 32gig sdhc ii1000x 150mbs
albeit on the xt20 but am informed they work well with xt2

Last edited:
I think it's a cracking shot. Well composed, plenty of interest and the black and white really works.
Thanks! I was attracted to the wet setts - not exactly a rare sight round here - and the mono helps hide modern signs (I'm not a great fan of cloning out but happy to disguise).

I think it's views and likes that particular day, 36 is a lot of fav's on Flickr. Well done :)
They've never officially released the algorithm, but it is based on "interestingness", which is based on activity - be it views, favs, comments etc... You'll also notice that many will follow certain key-words on any particular day... If you look for a theme you'll eventually see that someone or something has clearly searched for something like "rings", "lines", "golden" and many others... Sometimes they're specific like that, others can be rather broad, like "nature", or "movement"...

My guess is that they give it a few keywords, it then filters those results based on recent activity.

Last edited:
Thank you but it seems that they get to no conclusion.

MY housemate has a lexar uhs 2 and he does not have problems.

So Im still curious about which brand to go for.

I think I will stick with the Sandisk. I have always had sandisk and never had any problem. At the present I am using a Extreme pro + 95mb/s and I have no issues

Sounds like a plan, those exact Sandisk cards work fine in X-Pro2 so no reason to think they won't in a X-T2

I use SanDisk 32GB 90MB/s in my bodies (assorted!) and never had a problem with them.

I only posted a video, half a dozen XT2 defenders were all over it, now I should shush? :D You give it a rest maybe. I'm finding it hilarious you're defensive about it.

No need to get narky either way. I just found it amusing that the joystick is the best defence for a camera. They're gadgets end of the day, I don't care which 'you' prefer.

A used XT-1 [which is what I'm comparing] can be got for €500 - 550-ish, an XT-2 over here at least, is €1500. No exaggeration ;)

Actually, it's worse if you had no way to buy online: http://www.connscameras.ie/p/fuji-x-t2/p-4547410325294

€1700 :confused:
Surely to do a fair comparison you would need to look at the price of the X-T1 when it had been out the same length of time that the X-T2 has been out. I don't recall seeing an X-T1 for £500 when it was the flagship camera. Isn't it like most things, the old model falls in price when a new one comes along.

Surely to do a fair comparison you would need to look at the price of the X-T1 when it had been out the same length of time that the X-T2 has been out. I don't recall seeing an X-T1 for £500 when it was the flagship camera. Isn't it like most things, the old model falls in price when a new one comes along.

Well I can only do comparisons based on the pennies in me pocket :D I bought a used XT-1, but I'd say it was close to mint. I was actually looking at some Canon models at the time, [D80 with kit lens is in around £950] I think if I was only going by the new price then of £750+ for the T-1, I might have been swayed to the Canon ... but then I started to spot XT-1 used doing the rounds. The XT-2 will be much better value of course when that too hits the used market at lower prices, but I don't see that happening very soon.

Last edited:
Some worthwhile changes there.
Superb changes.

At last I can do what I did with the D750. Up to 9 AE bracketed shots.

Among the other firmware upgrades this is looking very good.

All I need now is a joystick disable mode to stop my nose nudging it while composing.

Back