The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Why f11, with a crop sensor the sweet spot of the lens is likely to be around f8, shooting at f8 you'd get a lower ISO (assuming that you are on auto ISO), only a question, curious to know your reasoning
Yeah i always used to shoot f8 just experimenting with F11 at the minute. I've read a few street photographers using it so giving it a try. But yeah everything you say is true.

So....I've just ordered the Samyang 12mm and a 23mm f2...But another GAS idea came up...The 23mm costs the same as a used x100s! Decisions decisions.
Then you're carrying two cameras? I thought the idea was to make it more portable, not less [emoji39]

Unless you're only gonna carry the X100? My oh my the GAS is strong in this one.

Then you're carrying two cameras? I thought the idea was to make it more portable, not less [emoji39]

Unless you're only gonna carry the X100? My oh my the GAS is strong in this one.

I'd leave one camera in the hotel and carry the other ;)

So....I've just ordered the Samyang 12mm and a 23mm f2...But another GAS idea came up...The 23mm costs the same as a used x100s! Decisions decisions.
Sometimes it's best just to use the kit you already own and explore it more and push it's possibilities/boundries rather than focusing on buying new stuff to be brutally honest.

It's not a criticism. I have past experience of this delima.

Regards;
Peter

Sometimes it's best just to use the kit you already own and explore it more and push it's possibilities/boundries rather than focusing on buying new stuff to be brutally honest.

It's not a criticism. I have past experience of this delima.

Regards;
Peter
You're right but shiny new things are always attractive. :(

You're right but shiny new things are always attractive. :(
If you must, don't duplicate something you already have. I mean, what will a 23mm f2 or X100 give you that your 18-55mm at (say) f2.8-3.2 not that's worth the outlay?

If you must, don't duplicate something you already have. I mean, what will a 23mm f2 or X100 give you that your 18-55mm at (say) f2.8-3.2 not that's worth the outlay?
You're right, gf just shot down the idea and told me to cancel the 23mm. Says i need a new car before more camera gear.

Couple with the new to me 70-200 on the X-T2 from the British Superbike test day.

i-BZS6dSD-XL.jpg

i-zcC4JfR-XL.jpg

Couple with the new to me 70-200 on the X-T2 from the British Superbike test day.

i-BZS6dSD-XL.jpg

i-zcC4JfR-XL.jpg
Glen, these captures are simply superb, just look at the RICH clean colours........Exquisite......woOow almighty.
Fuji do colours the BEST of any other camera system I know.

That's a fantastic combo the XT2/50-140, stunning work Sir.....!! High praise to you.

Regards - Peter
Scotland
APM Photography

Last edited:
I don't know if I have an issue with this X-T1 of mine or not. But if I have it in Auto focus mode the screen looks perfect, a lot better than if I then put it into manual focus mode. In manual mode I get a lot of noise on the screen. This occurs no matter where I am, wether indoors or out.

Auto by S F, on Flickr

Manual by S F, on Flickr

Yeah i always used to shoot f8 just experimenting with F11 at the minute. I've read a few street photographers using it so giving it a try. But yeah everything you say is true.
I don't know if I have an issue with this X-T1 of mine or not. But if I have it in Auto focus mode the screen looks perfect, a lot better than if I then put it into manual focus mode. In manual mode I get a lot of noise on the screen. This occurs no matter where I am, wether indoors or out.

Auto by S F, on Flickr

Manual by S F, on Flickr

Do you have focus peaking on and set to white?? If so the white noise is the focussed edges in manual mode. Change the focus peaking to red on a similar scene and see the effect.

I know the ideas been shot down by management but IMO the 23mm lens would be a better bet. The X100 is a bit of a one trick pony (yes, it's very good at that trick but hard to train to do others!) but the 23mm can be slipped onto any body and will do the same trick just as well without being as easily spotted by management... :whistle:

Auto by S F, on Flickr

Manual by S F, on Flickr

At a guess, what you're seeing isn't noise, just the focus peaking highlights which are showing the spots of sharp focus.

Yes it was, many thanks. No idea how that got turned on, hmm. Thanks anyhow, had me puzzeled.

I know the ideas been shot down by management but IMO the 23mm lens would be a better bet. The X100 is a bit of a one trick pony (yes, it's very good at that trick but hard to train to do others!) but the 23mm can be slipped onto any body and will do the same trick just as well without being as easily spotted by management... :whistle:

At a guess, what you're seeing isn't noise, just the focus peaking highlights which are showing the spots of sharp focus.

The 23mm has come ...I ordered it last night. The gf has said to me "you should get a landscape lens since you complain that you can't get wide enough all the time" :snaphappy:

Just a candid street style shot taken at Canterbury of a young lady doing a bit of street singing.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/420th @ F4.8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (7)-03107 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Unusual angle, great shot capturing the mood.

Back