The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Do any of you guys use flash on your fuji? If you do, which one do you use? Their is a very expensive one and one cheap ish one on the Fuji flash list. I take it the £400 one is something like the Nikon Sb910 i use to have. and the cheaper one is like the SB700?

ive a godox ad600 monolight that can be triggered by either a canon, Nikon or Sony version of the x1t trigger. Does anyone know if there if there is an on camera trigger option for fuji? I understand that hss won't work.

Thanks

Godox are releasing the X2T trigger soon which will support Fuji TTL/HSS etc. ;)
I am going to hold out for the updated Nissin i60a + Air1 (HSS)'s to come out next month. :)

Had a chance to test out the new Fuji XT-2 (2.0) firmware's improvements for the face-detection and I can confirm is a massive improvement but the Eye-AF element still only works in AF-S.
I do miss the Sony A7RII's Eye-AF's abilities and how it works in AF-C, still the one to beat.

Godox are releasing the X2T trigger soon which will support Fuji TTL/HSS etc. ;)
I am going to hold out for the updated Nissin i60a + Air1 (HSS)'s to come out next month. :)

Had a chance to test out the new Fuji XT-2 (2.0) firmware's improvements for the face-detection and I can confirm is a massive improvement but the Eye-AF element still only works in AF-S.
I do miss the Sony A7RII's Eye-AF's abilities and how it works in AF-C, still the one to beat.

hmmm interesting. cheers mate. is that confirmed that it'll just be a new trigger required and not a new flash unit? read something on fuji rumours site but didn't seem hugely clear.

Do any of you guys use flash on your fuji? If you do, which one do you use? Their is a very expensive one and one cheap ish one on the Fuji flash list. I take it the £400 one is something like the Nikon Sb910 i use to have. and the cheaper one is like the SB700?
I use a nissin i40, works for my limited flash use.

I use basic Yongnuo flashes and associated poverty wizards, only manual, but do the job on the odd occasion I use them.

All fire ok in tandem and not rocket science to get the power right after a bit of trial and error

Heads up, it seems the Fuji refurb store has had a load of stuff in. Quite a few lenses are in stock there including the 23 1.4 and 56 1.2. Ordered myself a 23 now just got to sell my guitar for the body to put it on!

w-O-O-w, stunning captures and processing!! They kinda look like classic chrome simulation (?), Which lens was used Andy can I ask please?

Awesome Sir!!!

Pete

I like them. If you've still got them on the card would you mind converting in camera for me. ? I'd like to see if the grain in Fuji's film sim adds anything.

Hi Trevor,

Unfortunately I haven't, part of my work flow is to down load to a remote drive, then copy to a back up, then delete from/reformat the cards. I'm sure others here would be able to assist, but the first two were brought into LR for basic adjustment, including a bit of cropping (had to cut the minions out!) and finally re-sized and sharpened in PS. The image of the carriage was put through Nik Silver FX rather than PS. All were The shot of the front of the train was @ ISO 800, the other two @ 400.

Hope that helps.

w-O-O-w, stunning captures and processing!! They kinda look like classic chrome simulation (?), Which lens was used Andy can I ask please?

Awesome Sir!!!

Pete
Thanks Pete it was the 10-24 which I've just sold eek. Will be getting Trevs 16-55 though in next couple of days. I have used Classic Chrome but using a preset I've created.

Thanks Pete it was the 10-24 which I've just sold eek. Will be getting Trevs 16-55 though in next couple of days. I have used Classic Chrome but using a preset I've created.
I saw you'd advertised the 10-24mm on Facebook. Any particular reason you moved it on or just didn't gel with it?

It's a lovely lens but 10mm end is too wide for me and not long enough 16-55 and 55-200 in the future will do me from now on.

The 10-24 has hardly been off of my T2 since I bought it... Unless I'm shooting macro on the 60mm, or wildlife on the 100-400, it's about all I'm using. I may even consider moving on my 16mm f1.4 which I only bought in October.

The 10-24 has hardly been off of my T2 since I bought it... Unless I'm shooting macro on the 60mm, or wildlife on the 100-400, it's about all I'm using. I may even consider moving on my 16mm f1.4 which I only bought in October.
It was a toss up between the 10-24mm and 16mm when I purchased it and I'm delighted I went with the zoom tbh. Likewise, it's rarely left my X-T10 and I don't really see a need for the 16mm.

The 56mm on the other hand [emoji51]

It was a toss up between the 10-24mm and 16mm when I purchased it and I'm delighted I went with the zoom tbh. Likewise, it's rarely left my X-T10 and I don't really see a need for the 16mm.

The 56mm on the other hand [emoji51]

That 16mm is a beautiful lens, I love the images it produces. And as yet, I don't have a filter ring for Lee filters to fit the 10-24, so I need to keep it for until I do....

That 16mm is a beautiful lens, I love the images it produces. And as yet, I don't have a filter ring for Lee filters to fit the 10-24, so I need to keep it for until I do....
No doubt. I love the shallow DoF and the close focus ability of it, but the fixed FL is just too restrictive for me and I frequently find myself at the 10-14mm end of the zoom.

Only filter I have and use for the 10-24mm is a screw in 10 stopper. Haven't bothered with grads....yet!

seriously wtf :)

I popped on to see if the XT1 has had any nibbles (after unwrapping the X-T20 and getting the battery charging) and what do I see, not one but two bleedin' X-T20s for sale!

Just my luck..

Glen, I haven't used the X-T2 for moving targets much, other than a few birds hopping about. I'd be interested in the set up you have for this type of work, I know the T2 is quite customisable in this area and I have been a bit afraid to play just in case I bugger anything up. I'm currently using the 100-400, but a 50-140 is on the cards soon, and I want to get back into shooting a bit of motorsport. I haven't been bike racing since I had to give up running around on two wheels...

Been using the 3rd or 4th A/F setting down with single focus point which i now have started using set at the larger of the squares for tracking unlike i do on the 1DX where i try and just put a single focus point on the rider.Seems to track better getting the as much of the subject inside the area rather than like on the 1DX that prefers a small point on the subject.

seriously wtf :)

I popped on to see if the XT1 has had any nibbles (after unwrapping the X-T20 and getting the battery charging) and what do I see, not one but two bleedin' X-T20s for sale!

Just my luck..

Yeah but there's nothing like getting your hands on a brand new camera :)

Heads up, it seems the Fuji refurb store has had a load of stuff in. Quite a few lenses are in stock there including the 23 1.4 and 56 1.2. Ordered myself a 23 now just got to sell my guitar for the body to put it on!
what guitar are you selling ?

dam a year or so ago i would have done a deal with you for my XT20(if it had been around) but I'm into my acoustics now, thats a lovely Strat though

Ha ha, thanks mate. It is a great guitar I'm just not playing much recently and it's a big chunk of money tied up. I'm going to stick with my acoustic too although I have still got a telecaster that I built which runs rings around any fender I've played. Sold my Vibrolux though so got no amp

Nice,I had a blond '64 pre cbs tele that was gorgeous, bought it new in '65.,sounds like you've had/got some nice gear.what acoustics do you favour,im a Gibbo sort of guy, my Hummingbird rarely leaves my side lol.
by the way are you interested in my XT20 virtually mint, its in the ads
GLWS of your Strat

Nice,I had a blond '64 pre cbs tele that was gorgeous, bought it new in '65.,sounds like you've had/got some nice gear.what acoustics do you favour,im a Gibbo sort of guy, my Hummingbird rarely leaves my side lol.
by the way are you interested in my XT20 virtually mint, its in the ads
GLWS of your Strat

I really like Taylor's but I've got an epiphanies masterbilt which is a mega bargain

Back