The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I love it too, but I am on the hunt for a wide angle also, and I know then I will want something a tad longer than the 35 for portraits. Both would be great :D

Ha, ha an X-T2 will give you a 16Mp pixel image a tad longer than your current 35mm. Cropping out the centre 16Mp to make an X-T1 sized image will give you the Focal Length Equivalent of 42mm!!! :D:D:D:D

Seriously though, I've played the 'lets have a load of lenses' game, and I've now sold about half of them and am down to 5. Yes having loads of lenses is nice, but they all add to the weight of the bag, and unless you take multiple bodies (again increasing weight), changing them in the field all the time is a pain. Using Lightroom Analytics, I've culled my lenses twice, I haven't missed any that I've sold, and even thinking of culling another one. Now my quest is made easier as I'm not really a telephoto shooter, so my longest lens is 90mm.

So I've ended up with Samyang 8mm (not used for nearly a year so is possibly up for culling), XF14, XF23F1.4, XF18-55, XF90

I have a lot lighter bag when I decide to carry everything.

Ha, ha an X-T2 will give you a 16Mp pixel image a tad longer than your current 35mm. Cropping out the centre 16Mp to make an X-T1 sized image will give you the Focal Length Equivalent of 42mm!!! :D:D:D:D

Seriously though, I've played the 'lets have a load of lenses' game, and I've now sold about half of them and am down to 5. Yes having loads of lenses is nice, but they all add to the weight of the bag, and unless you take multiple bodies (again increasing weight), changing them in the field all the time is a pain. Using Lightroom Analytics, I've culled my lenses twice, I haven't missed any that I've sold, and even thinking of culling another one. Now my quest is made easier as I'm not really a telephoto shooter, so my longest lens is 90mm.

So I've ended up with Samyang 8mm (not used for nearly a year so is possibly up for culling), XF14, XF23F1.4, XF18-55, XF90

I have a lot lighter bag when I decide to carry everything.

Oh I will never have too many lenses, I always have to sell to buy for one, [I sold 2 MF lenses other day to go to my 12mm fund] and I prefer to have 3 decent lenses I will use regular, than 5-6 that will gather dust. I definitely need the wider angle, I'm always asked to do group shots, and indoors with the 35 can be a bit ... eurgh ... also I want to try some astro and wide landscape. Ideally, those 2 and a 90mm would be ideal, but can't afford that right now.

Last edited:
That's what I have, plus the 50mm f2. Apart from some legacy lenses, of course ...

Can't even remember without looking what I have exactly, so infrequently used.
Know I have a 14mm which gets more use than the others put together and bought a 23mm f2 earlier this year for something that didn't come to fruition.

Got me thinking now, will have a check later on

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at of an Electric Street Light that kinda resembles an old style Gaslight.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

George.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who comes back with photos of lamp posts - I think I could do a whole show with my collection! Really like the high contrast mono.

If I end up keeping the T2 the kit lens and a fast prime (23 or 35 f1.4) will probably do me...

..famous last words...

If I end up keeping the T2 the kit lens and a fast prime (23 or 35 f1.4) will probably do me...

..famous last words...

Once I got my X cameras, I made up my mind a while ago to get one more lens and that is it for me. The lens will be the 35mm f2 :)

Once I got my X cameras, I made up my mind a while ago to get one more lens and that is it for me. The lens will be the 35mm f2 :)

Dave, after posting I've been reading up on 23f2. Looks good.

Dave, after posting I've been reading up on 23f2. Looks good.

Given you already have the X100F, I personally wouldn't bother with the 23mm F2 unless you want/need a WR option.

Alongside the 18-55, I'd consider the XF14mm, why ..... because you can't go that wide with a X100F, its compact, very sharp, and takes the same filter size as the XF18-55 and even shares the same hood.

Use the X100F when you need 23mm and F2.

Given you already have the X100F, I personally wouldn't bother with the 23mm F2 unless you want/need a WR option.

Alongside the 18-55, I'd consider the XF14mm, why ..... because you can't go that wide with a X100F, its compact, very sharp, and takes the same filter size as the XF18-55 and even shares the same hood.

Use the X100F when you need 23mm and F2.

Wise words. But financially I may be forced to choose whether or not to keep the F or T2. If I can get away with owning both I will.
Thinking of fast prime with quick AF for use indoors when the Grandchildren are here.

Wise words. But financially I may be forced to choose whether or not to keep the F or T2. If I can get away with owning both I will.
Thinking of fast prime with quick AF for use indoors when the Grandchildren are here.

Although this is an X-T2 thread, and I love my X-T2, given F v X-T2, I would probably go with the F, its just so right (apart from the blessed Q button position), and more fun to use, and lighter, and......

Why not consider adding a WCL to your F and a Flash, that would give you a wide angle better for shooting in confined spaces, and the F's leaf shutter gives more options with Flash Sync Speeds.

Although this is an X-T2 thread, and I love my X-T2, given F v X-T2, I would probably go with the F, its just so right (apart from the blessed Q button position), and more fun to use, and lighter, and......

Why not consider adding a WCL to your F and a Flash, that would give you a wide angle better for shooting in confined spaces, and the F's leaf shutter gives more options with Flash Sync Speeds.

Yep, have both WCL and TCL, variety of flash options...could be curtains for T2 (pun intended)

I had lent my 34 f1.4 to my son, but I grabbed it back a week or so go, boy have I missed it......

My lens range consists of the 16mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 60mm f2.4, 10-24 and 100-400. There was a big hole in my lens range from 24mm to 60mm, the 35mm fills it nicely.

Next up is a 50-140 f2.8 and swapping my X-T1 for another T2, that way I can keep one body strapped to the 100-400 for wildlife, and use the other body for everything else.

Talking of the 100-400, does anyone know of a suitable replacement foot, as the one supplied should have been more substantial. All I can find is this one

I'm glad I'm not the only one who comes back with photos of lamp posts - I think I could do a whole show with my collection! Really like the high contrast mono.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Well, after talking the other day about selling my XT1 & 10 to upgrade to a X-T20, I've done a complete about turn.
I wasn't sure if I liked the feel of the T1 but really wanted the camera to work for me as I do like it so I bought a Fuji hand grip as that's what I have on the T10 (already got the battery grip), and wow what a difference. I much prefer the handling with this and now prefer it to the T10...so I've just purchased a Graphite edition X-T1 (which I really like) and sold the T10.
I'm going to run the 2 T1's until I can afford to upgrade to the X-T2.

Well, after talking the other day about selling my XT1 & 10 to upgrade to a X-T20, I've done a complete about turn.
I wasn't sure if I liked the feel of the T1 but really wanted the camera to work for me as I do like it so I bought a Fuji hand grip as that's what I have on the T10 (already got the battery grip), and wow what a difference. I much prefer the handling with this and now prefer it to the T10...so I've just purchased a Graphite edition X-T1 (which I really like) and sold the T10.
I'm going to run the 2 T1's until I can afford to upgrade to the X-T2.

I think I heard some where that the grip for the T10 will also fit the T20 :)

I'm going to run the 2 T1's until I can afford to upgrade to the X-"T2.

"Congrat's" Sir, a positive "RESULT" in my book.(y)

George.

Very nice shot George, goes well how you have processed it :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

I'm not honestly sure that I could ever swap my 35/1.4 out (unless I changed systems for some reason) :)

If I'm deadly honest Sir, the 35mm 1.4 (standard 50ish in FF) is probably my favorite prime lens, I love that bit of glass. Probably 'cause I was brought up on film cameras and the standard 50mm was the one I left on the camera and just considered anything shorter was wide angle and anything longer was telephoto. Crazy I know but I still think in those terms.:D

George.

Think I could be happy with 10-24,18-55 and 55-200, do have a few primes, but hardly ever use them.

I too could get by easily with that combo Sir, at least for my own out and about stuff. Wouldn't work for my Motorsport escapades, but I guess its all down to horses for courses etc.(y)

George.

The 35mm F2 in a very fine lens Sir, faster to focus, weather sealed, smaller, lighter, than the 35mm F1.4. But optically the F1.4 is sharper (I've used both) and in my opinion a better lens and well worth the extra price.(y)

George.

The 35mm F2 in a very fine lens Sir, faster to focus, weather sealed, smaller, lighter, than the 35mm F1.4. But optically the F1.4 is sharper (I've used both) and in my opinion a better lens and well worth the extra price.(y)

George.

Funny you say that George, as when I went to school in Canterbury my fathers favourite lens was a 35mm too :) I will have some time to have a think :)

Funny you say that George, as when I went to school in Canterbury my fathers favourite lens was a 35mm too :) I will have some time to have a think :)

I shouldn't think I'm of your fathers age Sir, but shall we say I can remember when cameras were nearly always sold with a Standard 50mm, 75/80mm in 6 x 6 cm Medium Format terms.:D

George.

Last edited:
I shouldn't think I'm of your fathers age Sir, but shall we say I can remember when cameras were nearly always sold with a Standard 50mm, 75/80mm in 6 x 6 cm Medium Format terms.:D

George.

My mother still has the camera with lens on it, Dad used it when he was in the Navy with his brother, mum has said she will pass it down to me. Can`t remember the name of it but I think it was an old German one but not 100%.

I chose the 35mm 1.4 over the newer F2 and have no regrets. I don't need super fast AF the way I usually shoot, at the same time I don't find the 1.4 slow on the XT-1 at all. On the xpro1 it is pretty sluggish at times, and hunts like a demented fox in low light often :D but on the XT-1 I can't say I find any such issues. On the XT20 and XT-2 it'll be even faster again, so long as the firmware is up to date on both camera and lens. It's improved a lot since it came out first, so I would ignore very early reviews on it. I had the much loved Sigma 'Art' 35mm 1.4 for Nikon, and though that was on full frame, I still think this Fuji 35 1.4 is sharper, even wide open. I think that extra stop of light is worth it, and at F2 it is excellent. Weather sealing is nothing to get excited about, if your gear gets that wet that you're worried about water getting in through the mount, no rubber o-ring is really going to make much difference. The VF/LCD/buttons and knobs are going to let in enough for it not to matter :O

These Lisbon Fujigraphs of yours just get better & better Sir, really like this one with its well controlled exposure in what looks like challenging lighting.(y)

George.
I have to agree with George, they really are terrific and this one in particular is great.
I'm starting to think I want the Samyang lens now, it seems to perform really well if your shots are anything to go by.

Back