The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Nice one, I'm tempted to sell the 10-24 for one of these, however do we know if it's autofocus?

I have 2 Fuji lenses that I could never let go, the 10-24 is one of these (the other being the 100-400). It's big & bulky but it's so damned good. If I'm not shooting wildlife the 10-24 is firmly fixed to one of my bodies, and it's often in the bag with the back up body when I am after wildlife.

Buy another lens as an addition, don't let the 10-24 go, you'll regret it.

I have 2 Fuji lenses that I could never let go, the 10-24 is one of these (the other being the 100-400). It's big & bulky but it's so damned good. If I'm not shooting wildlife the 10-24 is firmly fixed to one of my bodies, and it's often in the bag with the back up body when I am after wildlife.

Exactly how I view it. The 10-24mm is just too good and too versatile to give up. That range it gives is so flexible I don't know if I'd feel too restricted by having a 9mm only.

I understand the sentiment however, the biggest restriction I see with the 10-24 is that it's not WR and majority of the time I'm only using it in Norway or some mountains in Asia I'm afraid.

It's a fantastic lens otherwise, I was initially looking at the 8-16 however it looks massive.

It's a fantastic lens otherwise, I was initially looking at the 8-16 however it looks massive.

Thing is, if you want WR you kinda don't have an option do you. Not like a Samyang or Laowa are going to be.

I understand the sentiment however, the biggest restriction I see with the 10-24 is that it's not WR and majority of the time I'm only using it in Norway or some mountains in Asia I'm afraid.

Just make sure you have it covered - Pedal bin liner & elastic bands....

201508061459138646.jpg

nubrellafeat-800x420.jpg

I was trying for a dream-like look in this Cambridge shot, without resorting to Orton effects or anything too cheesy. I like to think it resembles a still from a rather odd Sixties movie :)

Uncertainty at the gate
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Like it, can see where you are coming from, sort of film that had someone like David Hemmings or Hywel Bennett in

Just curious, what backpacks do you guys use for travel day to day camera gear?

I have a Crumpler Cupcake Half Photo but tbh I'm not happy with it. I also have an ONA Bowery which although a great bag, is hard to fit my gripped X-T2 into it!

Currently on the lookout for a bag to replace both.

I have a Crumpler Cupcake Half Photo but tbh I'm not happy with it. I also have an ONA Bowery which although a great bag, is hard to fit my gripped X-T2 into it!

Currently on the lookout for a bag to replace both.
Have you looked at the peak design everyday?

Have you looked at the peak design everyday?
I have indeed. It wasn't compartmentalised enough for me as I'd want a separate section to keep lose bits and pieces, lunch or clothing.

I'm looking at the Lowepro Flipside Trek bags or alternatively the Think Tank Trifecta range.

An old LowePro Trekker. Holds the full Fuji kit and is comfortable to wear while full and for an appreciable time, although my back does get a bit sweaty after an hour or 2 carrying it in Crete!

Flipside Sport 200W, but I do carry a gripped X-T2 with a 100-400 attached...

The ProTactic range look good though...

Enjoyed the last couple of days of the Photography Show. Here's a snap from one of Gavin Hoey's presentations of Beth Smith...

Fuji X-T1 with 18-55 kit lens

Beth Smith by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, love the style, nicely lit, and a good pose.(y)

George.

Just a simple close up Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of the head of a Teasel.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/90th @ F8, ISO-200, Tripod.
Teasel (2)-03447 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
I do like that George, especially with the spiders webs.

I do like that George, especially with the spiders webs.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

I'm off to Brighton for a dirty weekend soon (well, one night away with the missus on her work trip but without the kids for once). Hopefully I will have some time to get some shots around Brighton the day after. I like the first shot in particular.

Thank you Ian. I hope you enjoy it when you come down to Brighton.

Guys how do you switch between shoe mounted flash and sync flash with the xt2?

I am in the flash menu and cannot for the life of me get my new Godox flash to fire when mounted to the hotshoe. When I go into the flash function menu the only options are sync terminal off or manual. Why isn't the body recognising a shoe mounted flash? I know it will be something silly but it's doing my head in.

I love this, and my first thought before I read your comment was it looks like a still from a Beatles video

Like it, can see where you are coming from, sort of film that had someone like David Hemmings or Hywel Bennett in

Thank you both! It's probably a bit of a Marmite shot and maybe it can use a reprocess some time, but it's good to hear somebody sees it the way I do :)

Is anyone tempted by the laowa 9mm for the Fuji? I'm really considering it as it's roughly £350 only!
Personally, no. I love my 10-24, but it's already too wide for a walkaround lens for me. I'll only take it out if I see a serious prospect of landscape work, and even then, most of what I shoot will be in the 16-24mm range. It's just nice to know the utlrawide option is there if I really need it. I keep the 12mm for astro work, or this is what I tell myself :)

A 9mm prime would be the same but far, far worse. I don't see many people who can compose well at that focal length, and I'm certainly not one of them!

Guys I fixed my problem by luck. The reason it wasn't recognising the speedlight was that the speedlight had to be turned on before the camera was turned on. I always just mounted the speedlight and must have turned it on after the body but it's working now that it's being switched on first. Just in case anyone else comes across this issue.

I bought a backpack after a friend recommended it to me a while ago when I had my canon gear. It was from amazon and was dirt cheap and I was really impressed. I bought the smaller version when I got my mirrorless gear and I'd never go back to paying for expensive bags again. It's perfect. I will link to it tomorrow as I'm about to hit the hay but it's easily as well made as any of my previous lowpro bags and is a fraction of the cost.

Can't get a link but it's a top max large dslr bag. It costs 24.99 from amazon.

Another snap from Gavin Hoey's presentation at the Photography Show yesterday ... (Fuji X-T1 with 18-55 lens) ...

Red Beth by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Another “Excellent” portrait Fujigraph Sir, really liking the whole presentation of this one, red background & fan blend together nicely with a captivating pose & expression on the models face.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Is there any way on the X-T2 to let you shoot with only one memory card? Unless both slots have an SD card in them it wont let you shoot.

This is annoying if you're just wanting to snap a few shots but have left one of them at home after uploading onto the laptop. Cant seem to find any settings to change this.

Is there any way on the X-T2 to let you shoot with only one memory card? Unless both slots have an SD card in them it wont let you shoot.

This is annoying if you're just wanting to snap a few shots but have left one of them at home after uploading onto the laptop. Cant seem to find any settings to change this.
I've only shot with one memory card in mine. Is it how you have them set up to behave in terms of backing up, JPEG and RAW separately etc?

Last edited:
I've only shot with one memory card in mine. Is it now you have them set up to behave in terms of backing up, JPEG and RAW separately etc?

If you set it to sequential it should be fine, at least that's how the X-Pro2 works and can't see it being any different

Back