The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just picked up another X-T1, having sold not one, but two previously. When will I learn? :rolleyes:

Hoping to keep this one a little longer. Just got the 23 f2 for the mo, but will get an 18-55 again when funds allow. Looking forward to using the little prime in the meantime.

One thing I have noticed is that the body is missing the little rubber cover that goes over the battery grip connector when not in use. I see that a cover kit was available (ref CVR-XT), but I cannot find anywhere stocking it for the 1 still. Plenty for the X-T2 and 3, but this cover in particular seems to be a different size.

Anyone know where I might source one, or have one of these covers knocking about surplus to requirements?

Had an overnight stay in Nottingham so took some pics of the University campus

1. Trent Building I. I waited for the threatening clouds to roll in then got utterly soaked when surprise, surprise it started raining.
Trent I by Ian, on Flickr

2. Sidelight on the bridge. After the storm, of course, the light was lovely
Notts I by Ian, on Flickr

3. Trent Building II. This time from over the lake
Trent II by Ian, on Flickr

Fuji XT2 and 16-50mm

Very nice set of Fujigraphs Sir, allvery appealing with #1 being my personal fav’.(y)

George.

Had an overnight stay in Nottingham so took some pics of the University campus

1. Trent Building I. I waited for the threatening clouds to roll in then got utterly soaked when surprise, surprise it started raining.
Trent I by Ian, on Flickr

2. Sidelight on the bridge. After the storm, of course, the light was lovely
Notts I by Ian, on Flickr

3. Trent Building II. This time from over the lake
Trent II by Ian, on Flickr

Fuji XT2 and 16-50mm

Nice work! 1 and 2 are both crackers. Did you happen to have a polariser handy for 2? It looks like it would have been very useful, with all those wet leaves.

Just picked up another X-T1, having sold not one, but two previously. When will I learn? :rolleyes:

Hoping to keep this one a little longer. Just got the 23 f2 for the mo, but will get an 18-55 again when funds allow. Looking forward to using the little prime in the meantime.

One thing I have noticed is that the body is missing the little rubber cover that goes over the battery grip connector when not in use. I see that a cover kit was available (ref CVR-XT), but I cannot find anywhere stocking it for the 1 still. Plenty for the X-T2 and 3, but this cover in particular seems to be a different size.

Anyone know where I might source one, or have one of these covers knocking about surplus to requirements?

Re the cover. Have you tried contacting Fuji ?

I think you can get these in a kit with the sync cover and flash hotshoe cover from ebay

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of part of a deserted fisherman's hut and the view from a window. In the distance you can see one of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been left to rot.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld. I've deliberately kept sharp focus on the distant part of the snap to bring a bit more emphasis to the view from the window.
Room With A View (Dungeness)-03267 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of part of a deserted fisherman's hut and the view from a window. In the distance you can see one of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been left to rot.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld. I've deliberately kept sharp focus on the distant part of the snap to bring a bit more emphasis to the view from the window.

George.
Superb framing George

I got up early this morning to see if i could catch a reflection shot of Torren Lochan.Will try and get there for a sunrise or sunset shot,The sky was not great but i like the autumn colours.
Fuji XT2 with 10-24mm and soft grad.
PICK1527-2.jpg

Usually you need to provide:

Copy of trade in receipt
Serial number of camera traded in
Copy of purchase receipt
Serial number of new camera

That usually ticks all the boxes for them.

Edit: I can't take credit for the above list, this was provided by the sales assistant in Jessops. He said to take a picture of the serial number of the camera as I was trading in etc. as it helps with the claim back process.

that's the bit I was concerned about, the 20D I traded in was that old the serial number had completely faded away, the assistant at Jessops rang fuji who said it would be OK so I've just written unknown in the box, I dare say jessops will still have it, I'm picturing a man pushing a trolley with a crate on with 20D PX's written on it into a massive warehouse like the end of Indiana Jones

Firmware version 1.02 out now

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt3/index.html

The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:

• 1.The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, the buttons cannot be used while using histogram display or sports finder.
  • 2.The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, RAW image cannot be recorded normally under a certain conditions (Sports finder mode, continuous shooting with electronic shutter and so on)
  • 3.Fix of slight defects.

George.
Now this I really like, terrific shot George

Took the XT3 to Majorca last week and shot around 6K images of two models, it performed flawlessly in some tricky lighting with no issues.

My mate used his XT2 and we swapped lenses throughout the week and I found all of the lenses were quick to focus, the 56mm was on par with the 50mm f/2.

I was mainly at base ISO 160 but did some inside shots and pushed it to ISO 6400 and everything was spot on.

Really impressed with the camera and glad I made the change from the XT2.

Just in case anyone was looking WEX have a used XT3 battery grip in for £235 , it can only be a month old so £64 saving on the crazy £299 price

A couple of autumn shots in Glencoe, Not sure what works best, portrait or landscape.Need some advice.
Taken with Fuji XT2 and 10-24mm with .6 soft grad.
View attachment 137798 View attachment 137799
I think the portrait version is less usual therefore I prefer it. But like Trevor, I prefer my water with a bit more life. Just my taste.

I too prefer the landscape, but I like my water like that. However, interested in how you got the very slow water, but no movement in the fog & clouds....

Back