The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My AD600BM will not fire in HSS with my Fuji XT-3 and Good Xpro F trigger, does anyone have any ideas why?

It will fire fine at 1/250 and below, but above that it won't work. HSS shows on the flash, and also on the camera. For some reason the on camera setting shows TTL and won't set to manual, it just flicks back to TTL.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rick
Settings to check on camera with the trigger and flash turned on

Flash Function Setting >Sync>Auto (HSS)

I’ll have to look at that later. Not sure I’ve seen that setting.

I rather like UWA shots of animals. You can get some great exaggerated perspectives with them nose on to the camera.

That is not overly wide angle at 36mm equivalent.
But must be a very tame pony to let you that close.

I rather like UWA shots of animals. You can get some great exaggerated perspectives with them nose on to the camera.

I do have a shot of one of the ponies doing just that - he was inquisitive and not at all shy! But that particular shot was not a great success for me :)

That is not overly wide angle at 36mm equivalent.
But must be a very tame pony to let you that close.

Yes, about ten minutes earlier I had crawled very slowly up to him at ground level when he was lying down in the stone circle and got about three feet away without worrying him, so I think he's fairly used to people.

In this case, he had to come past me to get to the rest of the group, so I had to catch him in motion, as he wasn't going to stop this close.

I agree 24mm on APS-C is not mega-wide, but it does mean you have to get fairly close to get anywhere, and that's not always possible or safe, depending on the animal...

Ive got my HSS sorted now, a firmware update was required, I tried it but the USB wasn't working, it's all good now :)

Another shot of my little lad.

Hiding
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

I've spent way too long processing it in Lightroom, as when I was out I used the app to download it to my iPhone, used the "auto enhance" and got a great result, that I haven't been able to match in Lightroom.

Hiding - iPhone

Which do you prefer?

Hiding

I've spent way too long processing it in Lightroom, as when I was out I used the app to download it to my iPhone, used the "auto enhance" and got a great result, that I haven't been able to match in Lightroom.

Hiding - iPhone

Which do you prefer?
I prefer the bottom version...

Hiding

Hiding - iPhone

Which do you prefer?

Somewhere in between? I prefer his skin tone in the first but everything else in the second, if the exp was pulled back just a tad maybe

I agree with in between, but I would have thought just getting the white point and black point in the right place would get you most of the way there.

Just added an XT1 and Grip to go with my recently acquired XT2 and i’ve Got a New Grip to go with that too. Feels like xmas has come early.

Just added an XT1 and Grip to go with my recently acquired XT2 and i’ve Got a New Grip to go with that too. Feels like xmas has come early.
Whenever I look back through my XT-1 images there's something I really like, I think each XTrans upgrade since has made things a bit more clinical, maybe too much sometimes

Hi Pete,

I’d heard praise for the output of the XT1 so I went that way rather than go with the XT3. I want one for the longer telephoto and the other for primes, although not sure which is for which yet..

Hi Pete,

I’d heard praise for the output of the XT1 so I went that way rather than go with the XT3. I want one for the longer telephoto and the other for primes, although not sure which is for which yet..
I would go longer on the XT-2 due to the superior AF

I prefer the bottom version...

Somewhere in between? I prefer his skin tone in the first but everything else in the second, if the exp was pulled back just a tad maybe

I agree with in between, but I would have thought just getting the white point and black point in the right place would get you most of the way there.

Thanks, more work to do to get the processing where I want it to be, will have another go and share the results.

Can the guys with the XT1 & XT2 let me know what makes of spare batteries I should go for, cost I should expect to pay, etc ?

Thanks a Guys, Who sells them?

Anyone know of an L Bracket which fits the X-T3? My cheap X-T2 bracket fits ok but you can't open the side port meaning you can't use a remote shutter. The X-T3 must be slightly taller.

Was using my XT3 this morning and the battery was drained in just 30mins. This can't be normal right?

Back