The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the Fuji 100-400mm with 1.4 Teleconverter. An itch I've been wanting to scratch since having the 50-140mm a couple of years ago, and hating it after having a Nikon 70-200mm F/2.8 for years and loving that (Still don't know why it never worked for me?) Well £1700 to start with. then £ 280 cash back, and £100 cost for the teleconverter,which retails at over £300. If I find the limitations of the teleconverter too much, hopefully move it on for £200? No -brainer really. :banana:

Personally I think the 23 is in a different class to the 35, always found the 35 a bit clunky and it hunts in low light even on the XH-1 I had. If you can I would run both side by side for a while then make a decision which to keep.

Optically they are both sharp. Both are slow and clunky though. The 23mm is no exception here. It’s all down to which focal length is preferred. Personally I think the 23mm although great is a bit pricey.

I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the Fuji 100-400mm with 1.4 Teleconverter. An itch I've been wanting to scratch since having the 50-140mm a couple of years ago, and hating it after having a Nikon 70-200mm F/2.8 for years and loving that (Still don't know why it never worked for me?) Well £1700 to start with. then £ 280 cash back, and £100 cost for the teleconverter,which retails at over £300. If I find the limitations of the teleconverter too much, hopefully move it on for £200? No -brainer really. :banana:

I love mine, it's almost permanently attached to one of my bodies, with the 1.4 of course...

I’m hoping to use my 100-400 for the first time this weekend, now that I know you may be movin on you t/c if you don’t like i’ll Keep my eyes open, i’ll await the £150 price tag too

I’m hoping to use my 100-400 for the first time this weekend, now that I know you may be movin on you t/c if you don’t like i’ll Keep my eyes open, i’ll await the £150 price tag too

Well I'll keep you in mind if I sell it at £175. :)

This just made it into Flickr Explore, that's supposed to be a good thing isn't it ? Will I be rich and famous now ? Will George offer me a six figure deal to shoot grid girls ?............oh hang on, they've been banned :rolleyes::D

Congrats Pete. Great shot...fame and a not inconsiderable fortune await..

44823821905_8010a7a055_b.jpg

Lost in Transit, Bairro Alto, Lisbon
XT-1, 18-55mm @ 55mm

Last edited:
Any left eye dominant x-t20 shooters here? I would be interested to know if you find it OK or not. My right eye is u/s so no option for me.

Thanks.
AL

Any left eye dominant x-t20 shooters here? I would be interested to know if you find it OK or not. My right eye is u/s so no option for me.

Thanks.
AL

I'm LED and used to have an X-T20 . Didn't cause me any issues.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use a micro SD card with an adaptor instead of a full sized SD card?

I don't have any fast SD's but have a couple of good micro SD's that I use with the drone. Rather than buying new cards I'm wondering if I can just use the smaller ones with an adaptor? I think the speeds should be identical but I'm not sure if it will increase the likelihood of a card problem?

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use a micro SD card with an adaptor instead of a full sized SD card?

I don't have any fast SD's but have a couple of good micro SD's that I use with the drone. Rather than buying new cards I'm wondering if I can just use the smaller ones with an adaptor? I think the speeds should be identical but I'm not sure if it will increase the likelihood of a card problem?
You could use it like that, but the extra set of contacts in the equation may (or may not) cause problems.

Does anyone use their X-T2/3 for wildlife photography? What lenses do you use?

Anyone shoot with the fuji 1.4x or 2x teleconverter? I have a Fuji 55-200mm which I was thinking of adding a converter to rather than buy a new lens. The stop down in aperature will probably rule out sunset or dusk shots though!

Anyone shoot with the fuji 1.4x or 2x teleconverter? I have a Fuji 55-200mm which I was thinking of adding a converter to rather than buy a new lens. The stop down in aperature will probably rule out sunset or dusk shots though!

I may be wrong; but I believe the Fuji teleconvertors are not compatible with 55-200.

I think the only lenses the teleconvertors can be used with are the 80mm Macro, the 50-140 and 100-400.

I may be wrong; but I believe the Fuji teleconvertors are not compatible with 55-200.

I think the only lenses the teleconvertors can be used with are the 80mm Macro, the 50-140 and 100-400.

Damn I will have to check this!

EDIT: Just checked. You are indeed correct the 1.4 and 2.0 teleconverters are only compatable with the lenses you mentioned.

It seems the only Fuji option for wildlife is the 100-400. Far too expensive for the amount of use I would get from it.

Last edited:
I'm loving my XT3 so far, was finally using it for a bit last weekend and this weekend. It's just such a joy, however there are so many settings that I have no idea how I'm going to remember what each does.

The other day there was a box around my view and now it's gone. Which I assume shows the crop? But now it's gone. I don't think I changed anything in the settings that would do this.

Also I'm itching for something closer than a 23mm but right now the 56 is a bit too expensive for me. What's the opinions on the 50mm?

Also I'm itching for something closer than a 23mm but right now the 56 is a bit too expensive for me. What's the opinions on the 50mm?

The 50mm f2 is an excellent lens. As is the 35mm f2 (or 1.4, if it comes to that).

I shoot a lot of wildlife with my Fuji kit. Mainly the 100-400 & 1.4TC, and it works wonderfully.... Have a look here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevejelly/albums/72157693603347985

I shoot a lot of wildlife with my Fuji kit. Mainly the 100-400 & 1.4TC, and it works wonderfully.... Have a look here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevejelly/albums/72157693603347985

Just had a look through your wildlife album, some very impressive work you have there.
I have the 100-400 & 1.4TC and just don't seem to get on with it at all. Last week I was at a RSPB site took 400 images and just saved 8!....so many out of focus and no chance of much cropping because of this. I always get the 'green' light, yet some are completely blurred, even with plenty of speed dialled in. The few I do get are excellent. Tried many variations of settings, with no difference. I do feel my 55-200 is sharper, I even sent it back to Fuji thinking there may be a fault.....but none found.

I would be interested in your settings for general bird shots.

The images with the XF50-140mmF2.8 also look very clean and sharp.

The 50mm f2 is an excellent lens. As is the 35mm f2 (or 1.4, if it comes to that).
Thanks, I'll take a look at the 50. I've had a 35mm and thought it was an awkward focal length to travel with, not wide enough and not close enough.

Hi! I’ll soon be joining the X-T2 club. Have an X-E2 just now which has served me well but I wanted something with more direct controls as I’m doing a lot of night photography on tripods and I find the menus a wee bit fiddly when it’s freezing cold! Absolutely love Fuji images, had the original X100 too. I think the newer sensor will be a welcome addition too.

Got a used camera in Excellent++ / As New condition from Park Cameras for £570 with next day delivery.

Hopefully that sounds like a good deal?

Thanks, Dan

Last edited:
Hi! I’ll soon be joining the X-T2 club. Have an X-E2 just now which has served me well but I wanted something with more direct controls as I’m doing a lot of night photography on tripods and I find the menus a wee bit fiddly when it’s freezing cold! Absolutely love Fuji images, had the original X100 too. I think the newer sensor will be a welcome addition too.

Got a used camera in Excellent++ / As New condition from Park Cameras for £570 with next day delivery.

Hopefully that sounds like a good deal?

Thanks, Dan

That sounds like a cracking deal. I've used Park before as @AndyWest works there and they are spot on with their descriptions. Enjoy the ride!

Back