The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

What was your set up for this beautiful image

I have a goose neck clamp on my desk, so had the rose on that. Cream mount board behind it, propped up, and a rotolight sat on the desk, mounted on a gorilla pod. Fuji 80mm macro. Very slap dash tbh, but wanted to have a go at stacking ;)

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed and some lovely colour. Your close-up stacking looks as of its worked really well.(y)

George.

Thanks, George
I`m pretty pleased how it came out, so be prepared for some more at some stage ;)

I traded my X-T10 in for a used X-T2 the other day, very impressed with it so far. Took this on top of a hill in Rossendale.

full

Can't really find one used for sale, but does anyone know how much a Graphite XT-2 should be worth over the standard?

I keep accidentally putting my X-T3 into Sports finder mode. I usually spot it immediately and go into the menus to turn it off but there's obviously a shortcut somewhere that I'm hitting with a finger or nose... Any ideas?

Edit - I see that swipe left on the LCD is supposed to do this by default. Which could be it but I thought that I had completely disabled the touch screen functionality as it was annoying me...

Last edited:
I am right in stating that the 1.4x t/c goes with both the 50-140 f2.8 and the 100-400mm aren’t I ?

The XT3 is seriously making me think about changing from Nikon. Has anyone here used this (or an XT2/1, with either the 100-400 or 55-200) for aircraft/airshows, as that is something I shoot. Also, historically flash was pretty poor on Fuji, currently use a couple of SB900s off camera for paid work, are the Godox ones as good?

It will be a big step to change. I will need to part with D750, 20mm, 50mm, 85mm, 24-70mm, 200-500mm and my Fuji X100F (along with a couple of flash units). Roughly I think I could get an XT3, 16-55mm, 23mm, 35mm, 50mm and 55-200mm along with some Godox stuff and roughly be cost neutral, or mean if I add a few hundred I could get the 10-24 or swap the 50mm for the 56mm. I like using primes although that may be partly as I prefer to not walkabout with the 24-70! Will miss the X100F as that is my pocket size camera.

Why change - I would like to travel lighter and not have a big heavy bag! I love the Fuji range (had an XPro1 briefly).

What would I miss - Battery life of D750, great ISO performance of the D750, having the X100F.

Concerns - Flash, the 2/3 airshows I go to each year

What do I shoot - Kids and family, normal stuff like holidays, TLE events (trains/buses/planes), paid work (normally family portraits but some headshots and the odd wedding - this is more awkward as have a backup D300).

Thoughts anyone?

Simon, where in Cambridge are you Located?

The XT3 is seriously making me think about changing from Nikon. Has anyone here used this (or an XT2/1, with either the 100-400 or 55-200) for aircraft/airshows, as that is something I shoot. Also, historically flash was pretty poor on Fuji, currently use a couple of SB900s off camera for paid work, are the Godox ones as good?

It will be a big step to change. I will need to part with D750, 20mm, 50mm, 85mm, 24-70mm, 200-500mm and my Fuji X100F (along with a couple of flash units). Roughly I think I could get an XT3, 16-55mm, 23mm, 35mm, 50mm and 55-200mm along with some Godox stuff and roughly be cost neutral, or mean if I add a few hundred I could get the 10-24 or swap the 50mm for the 56mm. I like using primes although that may be partly as I prefer to not walkabout with the 24-70! Will miss the X100F as that is my pocket size camera.

Why change - I would like to travel lighter and not have a big heavy bag! I love the Fuji range (had an XPro1 briefly).

What would I miss - Battery life of D750, great ISO performance of the D750, having the X100F.

What do I shoot - Kids and family, normal stuff like holidays, TLE events (trains/buses/planes), paid work (normally family portraits but some headshots and the odd wedding - this is more awkward as have a backup D300).

Thoughts anyone?

I cannot answer all of your concerns, but I did switch from Nikon FF to the Fuji system a couple of years back. It was the XT-1 at the time for me, and I was able to use the Yongnuo 560 flash that I'd been using for the D800 without any hassle, with the exact same trigger system - cheapie trigger/receiver I got on Amazon. In fact I am still using that same flash and trigger system for my current Panasonic G80, just seems to work with any camera: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-Cha...&qid=1550972848&sr=8-3&keywords=flash+trigger

I had 2x SB900 units [bought on here in fact] previous and sold them on a couple of Yongnuo units - for me, as a mostly manual flash user, there was no difference.

Other factors - I didn't miss the much larger Raw files, I never felt I was lacking in image quality [sure, smaller files, less crop-ability, but nothing major] - in fact I think the only thing I missed was the grip/ergonomics of the D800, it just took some getting used to and it didn't take very long. I did get a battery grip for the XT1, and I felt it benefited even though it was just the one extra battery for that model, just ergonomically I enjoyed using it more. I never ugraded to the XT-2 but often wished I had.

The 55-200 I can also vouch for, excellent lens for the money. It's sharp wide open at 200mm meaning you can rely on it in dimmer lighting, as it's got that nice 4.8 aperture and the OIS is excellent on it. I never shot planes with it but I cannot see that being any problem.

Last edited:

Thoughts anyone?

Not a T3, but changed from Nikon to a T2, and haven`t regretted it. It`s really nice to be able to walk around all day, and not come home crippled with the weight.
Flash wise, I have the Godox 685 with a X1T trigger, and find it equal if not better than my old SB800`s. I don`t have any zooms, but lenses from what you have already prime wise, I find the fuji ones better or same as ... I have 14mm (20mm ff) 23mm (35mm ff) 56mm (85mm ff) and a 80mm macro and they are all great lenses, and pretty much a swap from my Nikon/ Sigma ones so no focal length awkwardness either.

Back