The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

And mine Pete just got to keep looking down the back of the sofa for the odd 7 grand for the body and the 32-64 lens
Yes Graham, even if I sold my XT1 and XF lens set-up for around 1.5k or thereabouts, I'd still need to find/fund around 5.5k ish.......too much to take on at the minute.

I need to sell an X-T1 ... but which one? Black or Graphite? I CAN'T CHOOSE!! :confused:

Lovely shot Graham!

Here's one from the rainy streets of Brighton yesterday. Wasn't a very easy day, but at least the pavements were shiny... :)

Mutual disregard
by David Hallett, on Flickr

For me that one of your best street shots David, a superb shot.
And thank you every time I drive past that tree or trees should I say I always get that picture in my head, conditions not ideal for what I wanted and think I could get the pp better but it's nice to get a shot you have visualised before hand.

Third one overall for me, David. It may be the cliche shot and many won't like long exposures, but I'm a real sucker for it and the mono conversion suits it to a tee.

Great shot.
First one for me, the darkness in the sky and the broken reflection make it
I think this one of the 3 for me. The rocky shore helps give it more of a feeling of purpose.

Thanks guys, looks like I've split the judges!!!

Can anyone please tell me the pros and cons of owning the Fuji X-T2?

I've been with Nikon forever and I use two full frame bodies, by the time I've got one of these and a couple of lenses packed, my bag's starting to feel very heavy. Too heavy for an old many to be carrying about at least. I watched a great YT video last night and the photographer had recently changed from Canon to the X-T2 and all I can say is I was amazed at the quality of the images he had taken. One of the reasons I first went with Nikon was the size felt good in my hands, comfortable to hold, so I'm not sure if going small will be a problem.

In my bag, I also have loads of Lee filters for the Nikon, can I ask if these could be used with the X-T2 or would I need to go to the Lee 7x5 system?

For me that one of your best street shots David, a superb shot.
And thank you every time I drive past that tree or trees should I say I always get that picture in my head, conditions not ideal for what I wanted and think I could get the pp better but it's nice to get a shot you have visualised before hand.
Cheers Graham! There might be a couple more from the day, but it was so lacking in light in general that to have even one keeper feels like a win!

Can anyone please tell me the pros and cons of owning the Fuji X-T2?

I've been with Nikon forever and I use two full frame bodies, by the time I've got one of these and a couple of lenses packed, my bag's starting to feel very heavy. Too heavy for an old many to be carrying about at least. I watched a great YT video last night and the photographer had recently changed from Canon to the X-T2 and all I can say is I was amazed at the quality of the images he had taken. One of the reasons I first went with Nikon was the size felt good in my hands, comfortable to hold, so I'm not sure if going small will be a problem.

In my bag, I also have loads of Lee filters for the Nikon, can I ask if these could be used with the X-T2 or would I need to go to the Lee 7x5 system?

I came from Canon 70D and 1100D to Fuji and for me it was/is the best move I did, I had nine lenses one of which was the Sigma 150-600mm I am lucky enough to have both the X-T2 and X-T20 both of which are great cameras to carry and use.

Hi recent convert to Fujifilm with the purchase of an XT20. Enjoying the overall experience but got a question on handling. Whenever I pick the camera up I'm tending to press on the buttons around the "Menu ok" button. Not ideal as I'm then thrown into options I don't want. Any suggestions on how to resolve? Thanks, Ashley

Just 1/2 press the shutter release and you'll be back to square one.

Lovely shot Graham!

Here's one from the rainy streets of Brighton yesterday. Wasn't a very easy day, but at least the pavements were shiny... :)

Mutual disregard
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph Sir, this one I like very much and would certainly put it as one of the best street style shots I have seen from you.(y)

George.

Back