Fuji X-T20 owners, how do you like yours...?

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
I had an X-T10 a while back and really liked it, but I ended up getting rid of it due to its abysmal video performance.

I'm currently shooting with a Canon 6D and while I love the wonderful images it gives me, most of the time it ends up not getting used due to the size of the system. Looking back on my various cameras over the last while, I've realised that, for me, size really does matter, and any time I've had a smaller camera I've ended up using it so much more. I have also realised that I really don't need a professional level system for what I shoot (Urbex and family stuff). I'm facing redundancy soon as well so this switch would also leave me about £500 better off which is also a factor.

Obviously in an ideal world I'd have two systems but that's not feasible. I've always loved the Fuji system (those colours [emoji7] ) and the X-T20 , now that the video is improved, seems to be ideal.

So, I'd be very interested to hear from X-T20 as to how you find it?

I would say don't buy any camera because you mention "redundancy". Better to have money in your bank till you settle, then think about buying another camera.

But to answer your question, the XT20 is more then capable for your needs.

I would say don't buy any camera because you mention "redundancy". Better to have money in your bank till you settle, then think about buying another camera.

But to answer your question, the XT20 is more then capable for your needs.
I'll always need a camera though, but by switching now, I'll be better off money wise than if I kept my current kit!

Mine is brilliant. I went from Canon 5d2 to Fuji Xpro1/xe1 to Olympus em1 then a pause for 6 monthsish and just got an xt20 a few weeks ago. It's the best camera I've shot with and seems to have noticeably improved in all aspects to the earlier models. AF, noise handling, video all much improved in my opinion

To be the redundancy is a moot point, redundant if you will.

Sell the Canon, get the Fuji, put the change in your bank to deal with said redundancy better whilst enjoying a 'better' camera into the bargain :)

To be the redundancy is a moot point, redundant if you will.

Sell the Canon, get the Fuji, put the change in your bank to deal with said redundancy better whilst enjoying a 'better' camera into the bargain :)
Lol!

Yeah I can justify it to myself because it will leave money left over ( which is usually the reverse of what happens when I buy kit....).

I sold all my Nikon FF gears inc 2 FX body and bunch of 2.8 and 1.4 lens. Bought 2 fuji body and 4 fuji lens and some flash etc. Still got £1300 left over and I use it to paid off some loan already lol.

I went from a big chunky Nikon D800E with big heavy very non-stealthy lenses to the Fuji XT-1 and small primes and couldn't be happier. I use the grip for the T-1 when I want more battery life, or that extra grip for portrait shooting, but when I want to go light, I just whip that off and the body + a 35mm 1.4 is a neat as a bridge camera. the XT20 is smaller again, and I'd worry that it might be too small for my liking, but that is more because I've owned half a dozen large cameras. The XT-1 feels tiny even. I would suggest trying to get your hands on one in a camera store, see how it feels, before committing. The end result images are going to please you no end, but ergonomics are very important. IMHO, that must be right first off.

I am very new to the X-T20 but so far so good. I still have a lot to try out with it, but the images I have got so far have been excellent IQ. I have owned DSLRs in the past, then downsized to a X-T1, which I really enjoyed for a while. Money pressures meant I sold that and owned LUMIX LX100 for a couple of years and now I'm back with Fuji and the X-T20.

Coming from a compact, albeit quite a large one, the '20' doesn't feel small to me. I find it handles very well, although I'm a little nervous of how it will feel with some of Fuji's larger lenses if I end up buying any (currently just have the 18-55). I do have an aftermarket grip on it, which definitely makes it feel larger than without and gives added purchase for my reasonable large hands.

I went from a big chunky Nikon D800E with big heavy very non-stealthy lenses to the Fuji XT-1 and small primes and couldn't be happier. I use the grip for the T-1 when I want more battery life, or that extra grip for portrait shooting, but when I want to go light, I just whip that off and the body + a 35mm 1.4 is a neat as a bridge camera. the XT20 is smaller again, and I'd worry that it might be too small for my liking, but that is more because I've owned half a dozen large cameras. The XT-1 feels tiny even. I would suggest trying to get your hands on one in a camera store, see how it feels, before committing. The end result images are going to please you no end, but ergonomics are very important. IMHO, that must be right first off.
The X-T20 is pretty small, but I had the X-T10 and managed with it.

In an ideal world I would get the X-T2 as I do prefer how it feels, but I don't think I can justify £400 extra for it.

Wow SMH for touch screens! It's something I really like on a camera.

Not so much hate, just not keen on them with anything. I always find they slow me down, and become less responsive/ delayed over time. I am glad it can be turned off on the X-T20, because I don't want it to accidentally be touched or do something I don't want when I am trying to shoot.

Of course, people will want it, and touch screens will be here to stay. But it won't be for everyone.

Not so much hate, just not keen on them with anything. I always find they slow me down, and become less responsive/ delayed over time. I am glad it can be turned off on the X-T20, because I don't want it to accidentally be touched or do something I don't want when I am trying to shoot.

Of course, people will want it, and touch screens will be here to stay. But it won't be for everyone.
Yeah I can see that. But anytime I've moved from a camera with one to one without I've always found it to be something I've missed.

Wow SMH for touch screens! It's something I really like on a camera.
No hate for the touchscreen here, just choose not to use it, for now. The camera is new to me and although I've had an X-T1 before there is plenty to learn. Switching the touchscreen off lets me concentrate on learning all the other functions using button presses, which I am more used to. I may switch it on again and start using it once I am more familiar with the camera. It's great tech and I am pleased it is included on the 20. I am also pleased that it can be configured/switched off to suit individual users needs.

Back