Fuji X-T30 Blowing out images- what am I doing wrong?

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Got a Fuji Xt30 a few days ago, so far I like it much better than the sony a6000 I had..however...
It completely blows out all images and I have no idea why,I have shot well over 1k images with it on full auto - although I must say the auto mode on it isn't the best / manual/ changing the film modes/ changing the white balances / even when you shoot video it completely blows out everything , changing the exposure dial doesn't helps it as well.. if you even dare point it at window it can't recover and just overexposes so much that the video is not usable.

I have attached few samples, they are done on totally dark overcast day , one set is done with pixel - which handles it just as it should, other is done with xt30, as you can see it just blows out..
I haven't had this with any other camera, I'm not sure if there is something setup wrong or the camera just does that on its own.
example:
View: http://imgur.com/a/yCsE5lP

Specially check out those flash diffusers in 3 different colours in the 2nd picture, in pixel they look as they should , with the xt30 they are like uhm...completely weird.

Anyone have any tips what this could be or why its doing that?

Last edited:
The pixel has an excellent HDR mode so the phone is balancing the exposure nicely.

The X-T30 likely won't be doing this, and trying it's best to meter from this tricky scene of black lens, bright worktop and green foliage. Some - exposure compensation and bringing up the shadows in processing would do the trick.

None of those images is 'blown out', the image of the table has certainly been seen as half a stop or so different in the camera compared to the 'pixel' image. A bigger difference is the amount of saturation added to the pixel images - if any camera of mine gave such 'punchy' results on an overcast day I'd want my money back
Horses for courses as they say.

Back