FUJI X-T30 : "Quick Initial setup & preferred settings"

Edit My Images
Yes
Right - I took the plunge and bought the X-T30 with 15-45 lens - it arrived yesterday.

Does anyone know of a Quick initial setup to get me started please ?

This is the first decent camera that I've had, seen, used, so need to start from scratch.
Yep - I have the manual, but it talks as if we already know about these things.

I thought that if I set it up straight from the start, to try it out, I can expand things as I go along.

many thanks

Pop by the “fabulous Fuji” thread if you need any specific advice. My friend has just bought an X-T20 and is in the same boat, my advice to him was to just experiment and check for anything specific.

Everybody has different setups that suit them and Fuji bodies are so customisable that’s no one will have the exact same.
Best bet is to ask specific things, like can I make this button do that, or can I set this function to do that action etc.
Someone can tell you how if it’s possible.

OP, Omar (the you tube above) is actually pretty good for Fuji stuff, and he does seem to use the X-Txx range over the X-Tx or XH1.
He can be an aquired taste, but stick with him.

great advice guys - thanks.

I haven't looked at the youtube yet as i've been ill. I'm now disabled and trying to find something to keep my brain and hands working. My old friend Fuji S5800 failed me so I thought I'd take a step up the ladder - I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew !
I took a couple of pic's in the lounge.
I couldn't seem to zoom in much - unless I was at it's lower limit.
I was also surprised when I saw the macro icon pop up ! I tried a couple of shots, but they didn't come out great.
I need to work on these things before I venture out with it.
I'm in West Cornwall, so have some great great places to shoot in.

once again - thanks for everything.

Back