Fuji x to Nikon adaptor

• Thread starter Deleted member 40706
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40706

Hi
Anyone know if it's possible to mount Fuji x-mount lenses to Nikon f mount bodies ?
I can find adaptors for Nikon lenses on Fuji bodies but not the other way round
Thanks
Chris

It wouldn't work anyway, unless the adapter included a lens element. The distance between the sensor and the lens mount flange is much longer in a Nikon F mount camera than it is in a Fuji X, which means you wouldn't be able to get the X-mount lens close enough to the Nikon sensor for infinity focus with a simple adapter.

Ok thanks for info
Just thought if could get fujj lens to work they have a better range for my crop sensor was thinking of using 23mm 1.4
My body is actually fuji its the old s3 pro ccd sensor produces cracking images
Just wish they had' t used nikon lenses
Is it obvious im a fuji fan

You can probably pick up an X-T1 or 2 for a reasonable price. IMO&E the Fuji bodies give nicer results SOOC than Nikons (shooting JPEG).

I agree nod 110% thats ehy i bought an old s3 pro
Its and old nikon pro body but with a fuji ccd sensor

Not sure that the F80 (IIRC) was a proper "pro" Nikon body - more "prosumer".

There are lots of good Nikon lenses you could use on this camera. NIkon has a cheap but excellent 35 f/1.8 DX, a nice series of f/1.8 FX primes, and any number of zooms (but check for compatibility - you can't use AF-P or electronic aperture 'E' lenses). However, their 24 f/1.4 is much more expensive than the Fuji 23 f/1.4 (perhaps partly because the Nikon is an FX lens), so it would make more sense to get a Fuji body (with all the advantages of current technology) if that is the type of lens you really want to use.

Yes, the F80 the S3 is based on is more of a mid-range camera - the closest digital Nikons to the S3 would probably be the D70 and D100 (though of course without that Fuji sensor).

Back