Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Another one of a slightly easier target. The offspring tackling a slide.

Barnaby Slide.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Must admit I've been loving the X100 lately. Spent today using it with ovf only and everything else switched off, no image review etc. A really nice pure way to use the camera and felt really refreshing.

I've just started uploading my Fuji X100T images to a new instagram account :D I've been trying out some street photography: www.instagram.com/theurbanfoxphoto

tumblr_oj3f2oVe9T1qbawmho1_1280.jpg

I've just started uploading my Fuji X100T images to a new instagram account :D I've been trying out some street photography: www.instagram.com/theurbanfoxphoto

tumblr_oj3f2oVe9T1qbawmho1_1280.jpg
Love you wedding work and style on the video you created, cool track as well probably the best thing to come out of Middleton!! I'm hoping to do some Street stuff myself in a couple of weeks in Manchester when the Chinese New Year celebrations are on.

Love you wedding work and style on the video you created, cool track as well probably the best thing to come out of Middleton!! I'm hoping to do some Street stuff myself in a couple of weeks in Manchester when the Chinese New Year celebrations are on.

Thanks mate! That's a pretty good shout!! Might be tempted to pop in myself for that :D

Am having a bit of x100 lust but not sure which one of the 2 threads to post in. I've read a gazillion reviews and everyone raves about this camera but are all of the shots on t'internet processed ? I mean I assume they're not sooc ?

If so, is the x100 just like any other camera or is there something "magical" about it ?

There is the Fuji jpeg engine, so there may be more sooc than you think. I am finding it very versatile in different ways, considering the fixed focal length.

Am having a bit of x100 lust but not sure which one of the 2 threads to post in. I've read a gazillion reviews and everyone raves about this camera but are all of the shots on t'internet processed ? I mean I assume they're not sooc ?

If so, is the x100 just like any other camera or is there something "magical" about it ?

I get x100 lust literally ever couple of hours. I'm just amazed that I haven't caved yet :D

I only shoot raw on my Nikons but on my X100T its just jpg. They rarely need PP work!

Still thinking about the "T"... I could sell a couple of lenses that I rarely use which would see me about halfway, then sell the x30 that I have just got...but will that fixed lens "work" for me

:thinking:

Still thinking about the "T"... I could sell a couple of lenses that I rarely use which would see me about halfway, then sell the x30 that I have just got...but will that fixed lens "work" for me

I took mine out last night for the Manchester protests and I worked a dream. So much fun and so small to nip about without being obvious! My favourite toy at the moment by a mile!! I post my shots from it here www.theurbanfox.photo

I would do it. It does take time at first to get use to it if you have been used to using a zoom. Its probably my favourite camera right now, it makes you think more about your photography and lets you get more creative. I went round Manchester on Sunday and was gong to take my XT2 and 16-55 but decided just to take the X100T instead and a couple of batteries. I really enjoyed shooting with it and it makes you think more and slow down a bit and with the built in ND filter you can shoot wide open without having to mess about carrying filters and the leaf shutter is great.

If you want to be discrete have it round your neck and use the app to shoot with for some up close street photography and its good for landscapes as well, it goes everywhere with me.

I would do it. It does take time at first to get use to it if you have been used to using a zoom. Its probably my favourite camera right now, it makes you think more about your photography and lets you get more creative. I went round Manchester on Sunday and was gong to take my XT2 and 16-55 but decided just to take the X100T instead and a couple of batteries. I really enjoyed shooting with it and it makes you think more and slow down a bit and with the built in ND filter you can shoot wide open without having to mess about carrying filters and the leaf shutter is great.

If you want to be discrete have it round your neck and use the app to shoot with for some up close street photography and its good for landscapes as well, it goes everywhere with me.

This is very true

I spent a year with an X100 being the only camera I took out the house, I think it improved my photography no end, and I fell in love with the focal length, so much so that my XF23mm is usually welded to my X-T2.

I still have the X100 and every so often it gets a spin out. I've also got onone of the Fuji trial sessions with an X100F, 80 mins with an X photographer and an X100F, and you get to keep the memory card at the end. I can feel my debit card flexing already!!!!

My only issue is that as lovely as the X100 lens is, it is just no where near as sharp as the XF23 F1.4, I know sharpness isn't everything but once you have seen it there isn't much scope for going back, and I suspect that the high pixel density of the new sensor might be pushing the X100F lens into places where it can't go.

I agree that it will certainly make me think more about what i'm shooting ( i don't do street ) whether it be my kids, or holidays or landscapes. Its the latter that concerns me a little as 35mm isn't that wide and i don't really want to get into converters otherwise i may as well just stick with the E-M1 and my 9-18

So, this camera is one that i'd have in the car so i don't have to carry my m43 gear everywhere. I like the idea of 1/32000 and the built-in ND, i like the thought of just one "little" camera for holidays ( i have a rx100 mk2 too which is pretty sharp but i don't like using it so much )

Maybe i'll give the X30 a little longer to see how i get on

I agree that it will certainly make me think more about what i'm shooting ( i don't do street ) whether it be my kids, or holidays or landscapes. Its the latter that concerns me a little as 35mm isn't that wide and i don't really want to get into converters otherwise i may as well just stick with the E-M1 and my 9-18

So, this camera is one that i'd have in the car so i don't have to carry my m43 gear everywhere. I like the idea of 1/32000 and the built-in ND, i like the thought of just one "little" camera for holidays ( i have a rx100 mk2 too which is pretty sharp but i don't like using it so much )

Maybe i'll give the X30 a little longer to see how i get on

I'm mobile at the moment, so difficult to post links, but have two albums on my Flickr (Tuscany and Mull), both were shot exclusively with a standard X100, no adapters. Have a look and hopefully it will show you what the camera is capable of in very amateur hands (i.e. Mine!!!)

Yes, there is. I've not used the X100T but I had the X100 for a while. It was probably the camera that produced images closest to those of my old Leica M6TTL back in the day. Silky smooth files, great colours, lovely renditions. It's quirky, though. The shutter lag and general response of the camera, AF included is very sluggish so it's the camera for those who like to shoot stuff that gives you time to compose and think. If that's you then it's a super camera. I believe the T version solved much of the sluggishness but whether the image files are the same I don't know having not used one. With used prices very reasonable now you'd do well to try one. You haven't got much to lose as there are always takers if you don't get on with it.

Awesome cheers i did have the original x100 but tbh i didnt give it as much of a chance as i should of... i think i was expecting it to replace my at the time canon 5d3 and this time i a mo more realisitic and it would be a camera just to take around with me

My problem with the X100 was very much the above. If I know what I want to shoot that day I pick up a camera and the right lenses and off I go. If I want a camera to just have with me all the time when I'm out I tend to want something more versatile than a fixed focal 35mm lens. I now have an X10 for those days which has a great zoom, fully manual controls, nice IQ and it's small enough to actually be pocketable without folks thinking you've just shoplifted something inside your jacket.

Thank Dunc - I should've popped round to yours when you had it as I'm only in Woodham. If I got a 100, it wouldn't be used for things that require quick focussing - it's something to sling in the car as I travel the country and in Europe with work so I'd have plenty of time to think about the shot.

That said, I do have the x30 which I haven't really had much of a chance to use yet. There's pros and cons to both of course - zoom vs none, tilty screen vs none, small sensor vs aps-c, cost, 1/4000 vs 1/32000 ( on the T ) in-built nd vs none.......etc etc

Last edited:
Yeah, I've read about the slow start up time. Shouldn't be an issue as this isn't my main camera

Lovely - are the b&w in LR or in camera

Ps - love the wotsits board :D

I shoot RAW and edit in LR later on :) I like to use the preset I use for my wedding work as I like to improve my editing so figured it would help me out to use the same one.

Thank Dunc - I should've popped round to yours when you had it as I'm only in Woodham. If I got a 100, it wouldn't be used for things that require quick focussing - it's something to sling in the car as I travel the country and in Europe with work so I'd have plenty of time to think about the shot.

That said, I do have the x30 which I haven't really had much of a chance to use yet. There's pros and cons to both of course - zoom vs none, tilty screen vs none, small sensor vs aps-c, cost, 1/4000 vs 1/32000 ( on the T ) in-built nd vs none.......etc etc

There is something special about the X100 which is very difficult to describe. It just makes you want to take pictures!

IMG_1486064648.233988.jpg

I'm tempted myself, is the release date still 16th Feb?

Last edited:
Back