Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Aah, thanks. S doesn't have that. It would be good.

Does the s allow direct access to move focus points? I see that as one big advantage of the x100t over the x100.

Snerkler, funny you mention the whole film experience thing. The x100 might suit you well if that is your agenda. It's more or less what lead me to the x100 in the first place. Shooting film is an expensive pursuit these days and while, shooting any digital camera doesn't have quite the same appeal, the x100 family does have a similar charm. I quite enjoy occasionally using my x100t with ovf only, manual focus, manual exposure, no image review, leave the film simulation on one setting, jpeg only just treat it like a film camera with non of the development cost. It's a very satisfying way to shoot and a world away from my normal bag full of gear and tripod style.

Regarding artefacts. I'll just give you my experience. X100, nothing to worry about at all. X100t seems to benefit from having sharpening turned right down IMO. Raw files can show artefacts in LR but I found that mainly an issue on landscape images which I almost never shoot with an x100. I am all too aware of the issue so I know why you're concerned. It was something that I never really got on top of with the x-t2 I had and it bugged the hell out of me. Depends what you intend to shoot but I think you might be alright.

Does the s allow direct access to move focus points? I see that as one big advantage of the x100t over the x100.

Snerkler, funny you mention the whole film experience thing. The x100 might suit you well if that is your agenda. It's more or less what lead me to the x100 in the first place. Shooting film is an expensive pursuit these days and while, shooting any digital camera doesn't have quite the same appeal, the x100 family does have a similar charm. I quite enjoy occasionally using my x100t with ovf only, manual focus, manual exposure, no image review, leave the film simulation on one setting, jpeg only just treat it like a film camera with non of the development cost. It's a very satisfying way to shoot and a world away from my normal bag full of gear and tripod style.

Regarding artefacts. I'll just give you my experience. X100, nothing to worry about at all. X100t seems to benefit from having sharpening turned right down IMO. Raw files can show artefacts in LR but I found that mainly an issue on landscape images which I almost never shoot with an x100. I am all too aware of the issue so I know why you're concerned. It was something that I never really got on top of with the x-t2 I had and it bugged the hell out of me. Depends what you intend to shoot but I think you might be alright.
Can you not directly move the AF point on the X100, is it a two button operation like the Sony RX100? That bugged the hell out of me on the RX100.

@snerkler I'm in the Peak Distruct most if the weekend, if you want a bands on play, I can bring X100 and X100F and conversion lenses, bring you own memory card and fill your boots. Would be happy to meet up especially if you know good Sunset locations for Friday or Saturday
That’s very kind, certainly wont be able to do Friday but Saturday might be a possibility.

As for sunset locations it depends what area you’re in? Owler Tor’s good, as are any of the ‘edges’ (Curbar, Burbage, Bamford etc). Then there’s the roaches, derwent valley, so many places.

Can you not directly move the AF point on the X100, is it a two button operation like the Sony RX100? That bugged the hell out of me on the RX100.

That’s very kind, certainly wont be able to do Friday but Saturday might be a possibility.

As for sunset locations it depends what area you’re in? Owler Tor’s good, as are any of the ‘edges’ (Curbar, Burbage, Bamford etc). Then there’s the roaches, derwent valley, so many places.

North Peak District, no further south than Grindleford-ish, my wife is on a course in Wakefield (which includes evenings), so I 'm overnighting there. I'll drop you a PM with contact dials, if you want to arrange something we can, I'll just add the original X100 to my bag

North Peak District, no further south than Grindleford-ish, my wife is on a course in Wakefield (which includes evenings), so I 'm overnighting there. I'll drop you a PM with contact dials, if you want to arrange something we can, I'll just add the original X100 to my bag
Cool thanks, I’ll let you know. Owler and Higger Tor are just above Grindleford and are good spots imo.

Having a strange issue on my x100f... the ISO dial isn’t changing the ISO settting when I turn it in manual mode.

Have tried turning it off/on, removing battery etc to no avail. I can switch the ISO in software, via the iOS app however.

I had a similar issue before when I had been using my phone to record video remotely, and then disconnected - the ISO setting in camera didn’t match the setting on the dial. Reconnecting to the phone, matching the settings and disconnecting fixed the issue (assume it is a sw bug), but it hasn’t worked this time.

I’m away on holiday at the mo, so it’s a shame if my F has failed on me.

Rotating the ISO dial both ways, randomly I’ll see the ISO change - so I’m thinking it’s hardware....

Anybody else have this issue?

Having a strange issue on my x100f... the ISO dial isn’t changing the ISO settting when I turn it in manual mode.

Have tried turning it off/on, removing battery etc to no avail. I can switch the ISO in software, via the iOS app however.

I had a similar issue before when I had been using my phone to record video remotely, and then disconnected - the ISO setting in camera didn’t match the setting on the dial. Reconnecting to the phone, matching the settings and disconnecting fixed the issue (assume it is a sw bug), but it hasn’t worked this time.

I’m away on holiday at the mo, so it’s a shame if my F has failed on me.

Rotating the ISO dial both ways, randomly I’ll see the ISO change - so I’m thinking it’s hardware....

Anybody else have this issue?

Just as an update for anyone who suffers similar issues... I'm now home from Croatia, so updated the firmware to 2.11 and did a factory reset of my settings - the issue persists. Basically the camera does not respond to the ISO dial, and is now stuck on ISO 400 in camera. Can change the ISO manually via the iOS Fujifilm app however, which reverts when I disconnect.

So, I give up! Have requested a warranty repair, just awaiting the pre-paid postage box to arrive to send it back.

Here are a few of the images I managed to take on our first night though... Good job I had my trusty D750 and lenses with me for the rest of the holiday!

DSCF6909 by Grant Archer, on Flickr
DSCF6915 by Grant Archer, on Flickr
DSCF6920 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Edited in Lightroom, based on Classic Chrome profile, plus my usual tweaks.

Thanks,
Grant

Just as an update for anyone who suffers similar issues... I'm now home from Croatia, so updated the firmware to 2.11 and did a factory reset of my settings - the issue persists. Basically the camera does not respond to the ISO dial, and is now stuck on ISO 400 in camera. Can change the ISO manually via the iOS Fujifilm app however, which reverts when I disconnect.

So, I give up! Have requested a warranty repair, just awaiting the pre-paid postage box to arrive to send it back.

Here are a few of the images I managed to take on our first night though... Good job I had my trusty D750 and lenses with me for the rest of the holiday!

DSCF6909 by Grant Archer, on Flickr
DSCF6915 by Grant Archer, on Flickr
DSCF6920 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Edited in Lightroom, based on Classic Chrome profile, plus my usual tweaks.

Thanks,
Grant

Nice pictures Grant. I’m sure Fuji will sort it for you.

Just booked the S in for a service with Fuji.

The AF has been getting more and more unreliable and I finally got fed up of seeing the dead aphid in the EVF.

They're sending me pre-paid packaging, which is a good start.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Just booked the S in for a service with Fuji.

The AF has been getting more and more unreliable and I finally got fed up of seeing the dead aphid in the EVF.

They're sending me pre-paid packaging, which is a good start.

Fingers crossed all goes well.
Ah! You’ve got a bug in the system! :exit:

I wonder when the next generation of the Fuji X100 is coming out?
I seem to have a bit of Fuji GAS going on since the announcement of the Fuji XT-3 :D :eek: lol

Hi Folks. I'm away on holiday at the moment and have a problem with my x100F. It just won't turn on! It was ok for the first few days and then nothing. I'd been taking a few videos and generally swapping settings around and all seemed ok but next time I tried it nothing.
I've swapped batteries and tried charging via USB. The charging light comes on for a while and eventually goes out but still no life.
Any ideas? It would be good to get it working while I'm away.
Luckily I do have an iPhone

Back