Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Hi Folks. I'm away on holiday at the moment and have a problem with my x100F. It just won't turn on! It was ok for the first few days and then nothing. I'd been taking a few videos and generally swapping settings around and all seemed ok but next time I tried it nothing.
I've swapped batteries and tried charging via USB. The charging light comes on for a while and eventually goes out but still no life.
Any ideas? It would be good to get it working while I'm away.
Luckily I do have an iPhone
try leaving the battery out for 20 minutes.

also cycle the view button just in case it's just the screen off or something like that

Hi Folks. I'm away on holiday at the moment and have a problem with my x100F. It just won't turn on! It was ok for the first few days and then nothing. I'd been taking a few videos and generally swapping settings around and all seemed ok but next time I tried it nothing.
I've swapped batteries and tried charging via USB. The charging light comes on for a while and eventually goes out but still no life.
Any ideas? It would be good to get it working while I'm away.
Luckily I do have an iPhone

Does it boot into firmware upgrade if you hold down Disp Back while powering up, this is about the lowest level you can get the camera to start, if it does, then reload the firmware (download from Fujifilm website), it it doesn't its probably a hardware issue.

Thanks folks. I’ve tried all the suggestions you’ve made and still no joy. Looks like it may be hardware so I’ll be on to Fuji when I get back to the UK.

Just booked the S in for a service with Fuji.

The AF has been getting more and more unreliable and I finally got fed up of seeing the dead aphid in the EVF.

They're sending me pre-paid packaging, which is a good start.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Just received a message from Fuji to say it will be back with me tomorrow.

I'm ridiculously, childishly pleased.

Just as an update for anyone who suffers similar issues... I'm now home from Croatia, so updated the firmware to 2.11 and did a factory reset of my settings - the issue persists. Basically the camera does not respond to the ISO dial, and is now stuck on ISO 400 in camera. Can change the ISO manually via the iOS Fujifilm app however, which reverts when I disconnect.

So, I give up! Have requested a warranty repair, just awaiting the pre-paid postage box to arrive to send it back.

Here are a few of the images I managed to take on our first night though... Good job I had my trusty D750 and lenses with me for the rest of the holiday!

DSCF6909 by Grant Archer, on Flickr
DSCF6915 by Grant Archer, on Flickr
DSCF6920 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Edited in Lightroom, based on Classic Chrome profile, plus my usual tweaks.

Thanks,
Grant

Just to close the loop - received my F back today from Fuji (5 days end to end), and fixed!

No idea what the fault was, as it wasn’t detailed in the summary, no parts changed either seemingly.

On the sheet they sent with it it said, "Adjusted - Focus. Replaced - Lens".

Some of the menus look a bit different so they may have done more than is on the sheet.

Edit - hang on, isn't the shutter part of the lens assembly?

Last edited:

Some of the menus look a bit different so they may have done more than is on the sheet.

O yes !! Result !!

almost like having a new camera.nice

Got an X100F arriving next week. Any top tips - batteries/screen protectors/cases etc

Ex Pro white batteries, I don’t use a case or screen protector.
I use a hood.
I make a lot of use of the WCL

One from Burnham Beeches with my long forgotten Fuji X100 F5.6 1/60 ISO 400
XCd4htn.jpg

Back