Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Robins Hood Bay with original Fuji x100
o0kyJyY.jpg

Last edited:
Bought some cheap canon triggers..... work well on the X100F - quick test not long ago - straight to the iPhone as my computer is broken ☹️
IMG_1963.JPGIMG_1964.JPGIMG_1960.JPGIMG_1962.JPGIMG_1949.jpg

Might use the digital teleconverter next time

Do many of you use the digital teleconverter.
Wish they had it as an option with Raw files!

Had a quick go again tonight with the sb900 and some cheap canon triggers

IMG_2018.jpgC26CAA20-6E81-4E61-8152-0DAC68A37683.jpg

I use it occasionally, I've set the front function button Fn2 to switch RAW/JPG, so a quick press grab the shot, then the camera auto switches back to RAW for the next shot - so Fn2 acts as a single shot JPG.

As its a digital interpolation you won't get a RAW, as the RAW would be the original 23mm shot cropped to suit

Had a quick go again tonight with the sb900 and some cheap canon triggers

View attachment 136321View attachment 136322
I've not used the digital converter for the reason of not being able to shoot RAW. I bought the TCL and WCL, but haven't really used them much yet, now Ive got an XT-3 coming on Monday I'm not sure how much I will get to use them in the future.

I've not used the digital converter for the reason of not being able to shoot RAW. I bought the TCL and WCL, but haven't really used them much yet, now Ive got an XT-3 coming on Monday I'm not sure how much I will get to use them in the future.

I’m tempted to get a tcl. Been super impressed with the X100F after just one week!

I’m tempted to get a tcl. Been super impressed with the X100F after just one week!

Both converters are optically excellent. Happy to use either even at F2

Any news regarding the Fuji X100F's replacement model?
I can get a brand new Fuji X100F for £899 incl cash back at present so considering it :D

Any news regarding the Fuji X100F's replacement model?
I can get a brand new Fuji X100F for £899 incl cash back at present so considering it :D

Its usually a 2 year (or so) cycle - the X100T stuck around a bit longer, Feb 2017 was when the X100F was launched, so you could expect it in Q1/Q2 next year but how much of the X-T3 internals gets transferred across in anyone's guess. The lens is ok at 24MP (but its the same lens as the 12MP original X100), its a little soft wide open to the edges, but it always was. There may though be issues with getting the new Processor into the same housing, with heat dissipation etc. The X100F isn't as fast as an X-T2, so whatever happens, I don't think the next generation X100 will be as fast as an X-T3 (focus speed, card write etc).

The X100F is a lovely camera, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed, as long as expectation is not set too high!!!

More importantly, is what will it be called, I suspect X100V, but it really should be the 'U' so the range went STFU :D:D:D

@Riz_Guru If you are not in a hurry, I'd wait for Black Friday weekend, historically Fuji have made their deals a little sweeter over that weekend.

BTW Silver is for Hipsters (and you'll need a satchel to keep it in), black is for pro's
:D I used to have the original Fuji X100, was one of the first people to get it... regret selling it tbh. :)
Will give it some thought.

Excellent stuff.

Just bought a cheap mk 1 converter. Over half the price of a mk 2 and if I can be bothered, there’s a 5 quid hack with a magnet which will make it be recognised automatically!

Excellent stuff.

Just bought a cheap mk 1 converter. Over half the price of a mk 2 and if I can be bothered, there’s a 5 quid hack with a magnet which will make it be recognised automatically!

Yeah. The hack is easy and worthwhile.

OK so well outside my comfort zone, at HIPfest in Hull a couple of weekends ago, I went on a couple of Street Photography Workshops, one led by the fabulous Ami Strachen, who is completely fearless. Her website is here https://www.icandidyou.com/ - encouraged by her liberally handing out of brave pills, here are three of my best efforts.

HIPfest2018 - AmiStrachanPhotowalk1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

HIPfest2018 - AmiStrachanPhotowalk3

HIPfest2018 - AmiStrachanPhotowalk4

Sold X100T - thumb grip Fuji grip and spare batteries are on classified section everyone

Last edited:
Its usually a 2 year (or so) cycle - the X100T stuck around a bit longer, Feb 2017 was when the X100F was launched, so you could expect it in Q1/Q2 next year but how much of the X-T3 internals gets transferred across in anyone's guess. The lens is ok at 24MP (but its the same lens as the 12MP original X100), its a little soft wide open to the edges, but it always was. There may though be issues with getting the new Processor into the same housing, with heat dissipation etc. The X100F isn't as fast as an X-T2, so whatever happens, I don't think the next generation X100 will be as fast as an X-T3 (focus speed, card write etc).

The X100F is a lovely camera, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed, as long as expectation is not set too high!!!

More importantly, is what will it be called, I suspect X100V, but it really should be the 'U' so the range went STFU :D:D:D
:eek::kiss:

Back