Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Got to get out today with the x100s, it's alright, have ordered the arca compatible grip for it like I had with the xe2 as it suits my handling plus I have an arca compatible ball head.

10272480_10153429327178741_8762221978393522605_o_zpsvjhcitea.jpg

23931962263_46667d3911_b.jpg

24263240260_1ba45df0b0_b.jpg

Last edited:
I got a x100s midweek, looks pretty good not had a chance to take it out yet but I reckon it should suit me, really liked my Xe2 but oogling lenses I just cannot afford was doing my head in so I thought I would take it out of the equation.

The x100s is a fine camera obviously giving the same picture quality as the T. The wcl and tcl converters are worth considering if you want to make a versatile kit, although a bit fiddly having to set lens corrections in the menu. If you are on a budget, the Nikon lc e68 (from memory) is a cheap way to get a useable 24mm equivalent lens. I know you have gone through many compact design cameras, but the x100's certainly deliver on image quality.

Undecided wether to sell mine or not as my Fuji xt1 lens collection seems to be growing. Thinking of selling and getting the xe2 as a second body and putting the 18 or 35 on it.

To be honest, once I had an XE2 I found I could do without the X100S a lot of the time. I use both, but mostly don't need to . I guess it's a matter of what features are most important. The XE2 has a slightly noisier shutter, the flash output is not as good and it doesn't have such a high sync but it's a lovely camera getting new updated firmware in about 2 weeks. The X100S feels more substantially built.

Wrong Thread

Last edited:
Had a play with some long exposures this afternoon. X100+TCL+Haida ten stop filter popped through Silver Efex Pro 2

24602670281_b787fb8947_b.jpg

None of the shots I took are particularly sharp. I am not sure if it is the filter, the converter or the fact that the tripod was blowing around in the gale. At one point I took a phone call and the whole rig toppled forward. Thankfully I was shooting over a safety railing or the camera would be at the bottom of the Thames right now.

Last edited:
Got to get out today with the x100s, it's alright, have ordered the arca compatible grip for it like I had with the xe2 as it suits my handling plus I have an arca compatible ball head.

24263240260_1ba45df0b0_b.jpg

Leicester uni! My wife went there, we've spent many times walking around in that area. It's also my X100 first outing.

I've just got back from New York, my X100T was a godsend as it was nice and small plus it gave great results I shot Jpeg + RAW not edited them as I'm still jet lagged plus loads to do at home but once there edited I put a few up.

Gone and done it! Fuji X100t to back up the Nikon gear. New learning curve but an exceptional camera and so so light to carry. Love it :)

Currently an x100 black limited edition kit on eBay for £250.00 buy it now. Looks in good condition and a bargain at that price!

I'm currently looking for an used X100S. From what I have seen, they usually go from around 540€ to 600€ (380£-425£), and some more than this. Are these values ok, or am I looking in the wrong places? :p

It's down at the moment, should be back up tomorrow, n=but take look on the Fuji Refurb store. I got my X100S from there. IIRC, it was around £450

Thanks George!

I get that, Dan. I used my telephoto and a 2x TC for aviation and motorsport (about 5 times per year) and the rest of the time I used my prime.

I was carrying about 5-10kg of kit with me everywhere for one or two pictures. In fact, it was last summer that killed photography for me purely because of how stressful it became to carry kit!

In August I carried my 6D and all my kit up Snowdon in the hope of a few shots - I got one keeper that I could have taken on my Fuji.

In October I went all the way to London by train for one photograph and carried all my kit (a 14 hour day in the end) and again, I could have used my Fuji.

I also went to New York last August. I was so focused on my pictures I didn't take it all in like I should have. At one point, whilst in Central Park, I forgot a lens. I ended up making a 2hr round trip get it AND THEN I NEVER USED IT!!... All in all, I probably lost two days of my entire trip to focusing too much on taking pictures, rather than enjoying myself and taking it in...

It shouldn't be the way! I have since replaced my 6D, all 5 of my lenses, my 3kg tripod, my 2xTC and the rest for a Fuji X100T and a Redged travel tripod.

I've got a feeling I'll be enjoying my adventures a lot more again now!!!

Roll on summer!

I have to say this resonates with me a lot! I was asked for some photos of my kids by an aunt recently and I hadn't taken any because its a pain getting the bag out and the dslr etc. I want something I can just pick up and grab, something light but that will provide quality pictures. I was drawn to this camera because of the fixed lens, then I realised they offer the wide angle and tele and suddenly i had a case of GAS again! Luckily I have shaken myself down and will spend at least until Xmas 2016 with just the camera, although I will treat myself to a lovely bag and strap :)

It's down at the moment, should be back up tomorrow, n=but take look on the Fuji Refurb store. I got my X100S from there. IIRC, it was around £450
Thanks ;)
I've checked the site some times in the last few days and it seems to still be offline... Anyway, I am getting one from the forum classifieds. I'll be in the X100(s) family soon :p

Fuji site still down, now saying back up on the 15th! Weird goings on with it. Typical as I've just got the money to get a Silver X100T! I will have to be patient!

It's been offline for a long time now which is very unusual for a business. How much money must they be loosing?
I wonder if paypal12 will still be working when it returns.

There always seesm to be a code that works. The site has been around for several years and whenever I have had need to buy, or think of buying, there always seems to be a code somewhere.

Cracking portrait. One of the images that convinced me to sell my 70D so I can buy a X100T!

Many thanks and i have upgraded from the "S" up to the "T" now but have also added an X-T1 and a few lenses into the collection now!

Many thanks and i have upgraded from the "S" up to the "T" now but have also added an X-T1 and a few lenses into the collection now!

Did you find the X100T insufficient? Obviously the XT1 gives you more options, why keep both?

Well I took the leap this evening. It's a camera I plan to last me a good few years & figured you have to take some risks in life. I ordered a new fuji x100t, lensmate thumb grip & soft release. I also purchased a Tenba Cooper 8 bag & the official lens hood as Bristol Cameras are doing it for £47 at the moment (still expensive but not as silly as normal price!)

Well I took the leap this evening. It's a camera I plan to last me a good few years & figured you have to take some risks in life. I ordered a new fuji x100t, lensmate thumb grip & soft release. I also purchased a Tenba Cooper 8 bag & the official lens hood as Bristol Cameras are doing it for £47 at the moment (still expensive but not as silly as normal price!)

Sweet, no risk involved. Wonderful bit of kit.

Presumably your S was up to date on firmware. Have you noticed any practical differences with the T?

Been having lots of fun with my X100T so thought I'd share a few recent images!

Attachments

• 1457978009725.jpg
    1457978009725.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 1457978031070.jpg
    1457978031070.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 1457978083990.jpg
    1457978083990.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 52
Just a heads up Mpb have both the w and tcl converters in silver at £129 each. You don't see them secondhand too often and that's a keen price. I have both already, handy and good quality addition to the x100 series
TCL Gone....

Yep, noticed that this morning. They seem a bit rarer secondhand than the wcl, both often selling above the mpb price. I'm pleased with both of mine, so useful for someone.

Happy Birthday X100.
5 years old tomorrow. ( well that was the uk release date as far as I can remember)
Many have come and gone in the past 5 years but your still the best!!

The only camera that can cure GAS!!
The only camera that makes me feel warm when I look at you and when I hold you, well only the ones who have you know what I'm talking about.
May you continue for another 5 years!!

Back