Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

It is indeed, but that's never stopped us in the past [emoji57]

Problem is I have a load of batteries and both conversion lenses sitting on my desk .....

I thought I heard from Fuji yesterday that release date was 23 Feb but I may be mistaken. The T conversion lenses work on the F. One of my fellow Touch and Try day chaps bought his with him and made use of them during our walkabout in Leeds.

The trouble is with the X100F is that it's so expensive. 2nd hand X-Pro2s can be had in excellent condition for around £1000. You can also by an XT1 and a X100T and still have enough to buy a 35mm 1.4 for that

The trouble is with the X100F is that it's so expensive. 2nd hand X-Pro2s can be had in excellent condition for around £1000. You can also by an XT1 and a X100T and still have enough to buy a 35mm 1.4 for that

Yes. But that will change when supplies become easily available.
I expect it to be under £1000 in 6 months.

Yes. But that will change when supplies become easily available.
I expect it to be under £1000 in 6 months.

That's what I'm banking on. On reflection I'm going to hold off until the middle of the year before looking at the F again. I was suffering from mild GAS last week having had a play with one but if I fondle my T every day it keeps the GAS at bay :)

So how many special editions did they make and how did it differ to the ltd edition i had?

Hi,
It was pretty rare as it wasn't officially sold in the U.K.
I think they made around 4000 units and it was only available in Europe.
I had mine imported by the head of marketing for Fuji UK.

There were 10,000 Limited Edition X100 Blacks - worldwide

The package of X100 BLACK Limited Edition contains the camera unit, a genuine leather ever-ready case, a lens hood, an adapter ring and a protective filter. Each package comes with a message card reading a number as proof that it is one of only 10,000 units produced.

@Fuguru appeared to have one of the hens teeth wooden box units (not available in the UK). Was it silver or black ??

I do think it is overpriced. Yes, I know new models are premium, and the £ is not strong, but as a T owner I just don't see the benefit... mine is worth what, £400/£450? so £800 or so for something slightly faster with a fe more MP? I know there is a bit more to it but not good value for me.

I do think it is overpriced. Yes, I know new models are premium, and the £ is not strong, but as a T owner I just don't see the benefit... mine is worth what, £400/£450? so £800 or so for something slightly faster with a fe more MP? I know there is a bit more to it but not good value for me.

Yes, I tend to agree. Much as I'd like an X100f, I think that if I was going to spend that sort of money then I'd go for an XP2 instead.

Look its no more overpriced than when the T was introduced at £1099, given the exchange rate changes and the fact thats it a a couple of years later, the introductory price seems 'on the mark'. Of course we'd all like it cheaper, and many will wait for the price to drop which it inevitably will (that said the X-T2 is still pretty much the same money as when introduced nearly 6 months ago, and X-Pro2's have only dropped a little)

Whether its value for an individual, only that person can make that decision.

At £400 for the T, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled :) but surprised if I find one

Yes I think £550 - £600 on here for a T, or £680 on Ebay. Cheaper on Fuji refurbished if they ever had any stock!

There were 10,000 Limited Edition X100 Blacks - worldwide

The package of X100 BLACK Limited Edition contains the camera unit, a genuine leather ever-ready case, a lens hood, an adapter ring and a protective filter. Each package comes with a message card reading a number as proof that it is one of only 10,000 units produced.

@Fuguru appeared to have one of the hens teeth wooden box units (not available in the UK). Was it silver or black ??

It was silver, it was like new when I traded it in.
:)

Serious question. Is the black JJC lens hood any good. Does the colour match the camera? Is the quality of the fit and finish good. Should I just get the genuine item?

It was silver, it was like new when I traded it in.
:)

I know the feeling - my 2012 X100 was absolutely mint and I wish I still had it. However, we move onward but despite all the temptations, I don't think that I will be in line for a new X100f. My competence in photography is completely dwarfed by the capabilities of modern cameras. My all time favorite camera was a Nikon FM3a (35mm film if you don't know) - auto exposure but manual focus and manual everything else - I still remain at that level. For me, my X-Pro1 is everything I really could want and more. Sad, isn't it?

Last edited:
Serious question. Is the black JJC lens hood any good. Does the colour match the camera? Is the quality of the fit and finish good. Should I just get the genuine item?

You pay for what you get, buy the original.

I have 1 black and 1 silver (long story) both Fuji fit like a gem.

Last edited:
You pay for what you get, buy the original.

I have 2 black and 1 silver (long story) both Fuji fit like a gem.

Thanks. I tried a third party Silver on my X100 Classic. Only once. Threw it away and went genuine. Figured it might be the same with the black.

Has anyone bought a x100/s/t and then thought " bugger, this fixed FL isn't for me" ?

I think I'm getting a little obsessed

Has anyone bought a x100/s/t and then thought " bugger, this fixed FL isn't for me" ?

I think I'm getting a little obsessed

Yes I have - I really love the X100 series - I've had an X100 & an X100s - it is such a good looker but for me it has two issues - it's similar in size to my XT1 and it has a fixed 23 mm lens. If I fit converters then the size increases and I might as well carry the XT1 as it's more flexible with a zoom lens. For me (and I stress the 'me') the 23 mm lens was neither here nor there - not wide enough for landscape and not long enough for other photography. I still love it though and recently bought an X100s thinking that I would overcome my issues but it didn't work and I've now sold that.

I would really love an X100f but I know I'll have the same issues.

Yes I have - I really love the X100 series - I've had an X100 & an X100s - it is such a good looker but for me it has two issues - it's similar in size to my XT1 and it has a fixed 23 mm lens. If I fit converters then the size increases and I might as well carry the XT1 as it's more flexible with a zoom lens. For me (and I stress the 'me') the 23 mm lens was neither here nor there - not wide enough for landscape and not long enough for other photography. I still love it though and recently bought an X100s thinking that I would overcome my issues but it didn't work and I've now sold that.

I would really love an X100f but I know I'll have the same issues.

Other way round for me. Letting my X-T1 and lenses go. Second time I've tried X-T1. I like it, but it's just not for me.
I've been using the X100 for years. It suits me. I take the view that when it comes to pictures, I can't get them all.
F on order. Can't wait.

My "problem" is I don't just shoot one thing - I'm just a hobbiest after all. When I use my x30, I nearly always shoot at 28mm but when I use my e-m1 and 12-40 I hardly ever shoot at 12 ( 24 ) mm. Odd..

My reasoning for the x100T is that I could take it everywhere and not have to bother with my m43 gear for holiday - it would be good in low light etc but is 35mm wide enough ? I like doing some long exposures, I like landscapes...so should I just forget it and take my rx100 with filter kit that I hate using or the e-m1 ( which is crap for LE )

Stoopid hobby, this :coat:

Is anyone just using the X100 as there only camera? This is what I am thinking of doing and adding the wcl. I've already sold my XT2 and just have the XT1 now and 35 1.4

Is anyone just using the X100 as there only camera? This is what I am thinking of doing and adding the wcl. I've already sold my XT2 and just have the XT1 now and 35 1.4

No. I've also got a D500. I pair it with Sigma 150-600.
Several film cameras. But the X100..yep I could live with it as my only camera.
Over 90% of my digital output over the last couple years been with it.

My "problem" is I don't just shoot one thing - I'm just a hobbiest after all. When I use my x30, I nearly always shoot at 28mm but when I use my e-m1 and 12-40 I hardly ever shoot at 12 ( 24 ) mm. Odd..

My reasoning for the x100T is that I could take it everywhere and not have to bother with my m43 gear for holiday - it would be good in low light etc but is 35mm wide enough ? I like doing some long exposures, I like landscapes...so should I just forget it and take my rx100 with filter kit that I hate using or the e-m1 ( which is crap for LE )

Stoopid hobby, this :coat:

Have you considered a Fuji x-70?
It's wider than the x100 and also has another two digital zoom focal lengths. Has a touch screen that's flips around too. Very similar to the x100 but smaller and no evf.

Other way round for me. Letting my X-T1 and lenses go. Second time I've tried X-T1. I like it, but it's just not for me.
I've been using the X100 for years. It suits me. I take the view that when it comes to pictures, I can't get them all.
F on order. Can't wait.

Same here, the focal length works well for me, and its nice not to have a choice! Sometimes when I take the D750 out I take lots of lenses and just don't use them. Heading off on a day trip to Koln tomorrow and will probably just take the X100 for space as much as the fact I probably wont want to be changing lenses all day.

You sold the 16-55 already. If you move your 35 on let me know

Back