Fuji x100f

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently bought a 2nd hand x100f. I have a canon 6d. I have back button focus set up and can meter from in the scene half press shutter to lock exposure then recompose and focus and shoot. Does anyone know if I can do this on the x100f ? I have back button focus set up allready but can't fathom locking exposure with a half press of the shutter then focusing to shoot.

Hope that makes sense.

Gaz

would you not use the back button to lock exposure then the shutter button to focus and take the shot.
I

would you not use the back button to lock exposure then the shutter button to focus and take the shot.
I
Blooming heck that's really how it should work out of the box. I would assume. When I bought this it was allready set up with back focus. So with being used to it on the 6d I was ok with that. I'll see if I can fathom it out.

Thanks for the reply.

Gaz

I
Hi . I sorted it out the way you suggested. Will see how I get on with it.

Thanks again.

Gaz

I use back button focus when on a tripod, then switch to manual and then use the shutter to adjust exposure. When hand holding its got to be the other way round to ensure focus is right after moving to my mind
My XT3 has separate exposure and focus lock buttons so can setup to work both ways. The previous camera only had the single button like I believe the x100f has so had to keep re configuring dependent on use

Hi James.
Been away for the weekend so couldn't reply sooner.
Thanks for the support.

It is just me I will figure out (with use) how I prefer to use the camera. To be honest I only bought it as I couldn't hire one to try out. I don't change cameras until they are goosed.

This particular camera had gotten under my skin for some reason.

So when this came up at a good price I thought I would buy it and if it was not something I would use regular I could sell it back on and not loose too much money on it.
I think becuse i'm so comfortable with the 6d i'm thinking it's an hassle to have something new.

The electronic finder seems to slow me right down. There is so much control in there I find myself messing around leveling things up getting expsoure right etc.
Obviously the 6d does not have that. I would just look at the scene as I aproached and dialed in some ev - or+ take a photo.

Gaz

Back