Fuji xt100

If I was still shooting Fuji I'd definitely be interested, it's not a camera I would look to as a main though. It's lacking in certain areas in comparison to any of the X models, of course [or it would render the likes of the XT20 redundant]

Good to see they include an optional mini grip, when I first saw it I thought it looked uncomfortable to hold for any length of time, I would just leave the mini grip on

I don't really like those power zooms, if I was buying I'd look for body only and get a nice prime for it.

Had a closer look at the specs, seems like it has most of what you get with the XT20 outside of better 4K options - you won't be shooting 4K with this one, but full HD which at least does up to 60fps

It's also a tiny bit bigger and heavier than the XT20, and has a more versatile swiveling LCD.

Hmmm

Only thing missing is IBIS, or I'd be extremely interested. I think it'll sell like hot-cakes. Anyone who fancied the XT20 but was unsure about the XTrans sensor will certainly be interested, especially as you can get this with the new kit lens for less than a new XT20.

Had a closer look at the specs, seems like it has most of what you get with the XT20 outside of better 4K options - you won't be shooting 4K with this one, but full HD which at least does up to 60fps

It's also a tiny bit bigger and heavier than the XT20, and has a more versatile swiveling LCD.

Hmmm

Only thing missing is IBIS, or I'd be extremely interested. I think it'll sell like hot-cakes. Anyone who fancied the XT20 but was unsure about the XTrans sensor will certainly be interested, especially as you can get this with the new kit lens for less than a new XT20.

Its quite a bit slower than X-T20, look at continuous shooting speeds, and its not less than an X-T20 body in the refrub store, that said when the X-T100 hits the refurb store its likely to be around £450 with the 15-45

It’s got my attention. Bayer...

GFX50 for you then!! or the rangefinder medium format coming later this year (expected to be between D850 and A9 in RRP!!)

[QUOTE="

GFX50 for you then!! or the rangefinder medium format coming later this year (expected to be between D850 and A9 in RRP!!)[/QUOTE]

Gulp..I’ve kinda been building my savings with X-H1 in mind.
This X-T100 is a bit of a curveball..

Its quite a bit slower than X-T20, look at continuous shooting speeds, and its not less than an X-T20 body in the refrub store, that said when the X-T100 hits the refurb store its likely to be around £450 with the 15-45

That wouldn't bother me personally, I rarely if ever use continuous burst modes. The charcoal grey one is sexy!

Hopefully the articulating screen will follow in the next Fuji releases. Will please the vloggers.

Hopefully the articulating screen will follow in the next Fuji releases. Will please the vloggers.

My G80 has an articulating screen, it bugs the hell out of me, really wish it was just tilt. The few times I did use it was for a few group 'selfies' and for awkward angle macros or low to ground shots, where I just would have preferred a simple tilt LCD. It would be sweet to have both, kudos to Fuji on that, I think everyone will copy that going forward. It's not quite enticing me away from the Panasonic yet, the ALCD is the only real gripe I have with the G80. Other than that it has excellent 5-axis IBIS which is great for primes without OIS, and it's got much better 4K options [though I rarely use video, I like having it there for the times I do] and I love the grip on the camera and overall layout. I think it's a bit of an underrated gem, the only thing it lacks compared to the Fuji's is decent low light performance

Last edited:
Fuji have continued to make Bayer sensor cameras all the time - The X-A series, the only real difference is that this one has an EVF.

I fully expect the X-T3 (should be later this year) to be X-Trans4, so I don't think you'll have seen the back of X-Trans just yet!!

Shame, fake iso and xtrans are a huge turn off.

It does nothing for me. It’s dropping the X-Trans, it’s dropping the shutter and ISO dials, and it’s got a touch screen. In short, it’s losing its Fujishness.

It does nothing for me. It’s dropping the X-Trans, it’s dropping the shutter and ISO dials, and it’s got a touch screen. In short, it’s losing its Fujishness.

It can't drop what it didn't already have. This is an upgrade to the XA5, not a side-grade to the XT20 [which incidentally, didn't have an ISO dial] It's got configurable dials, I'm sure you could use them for these things.

It can't drop what it didn't already have. This is an upgrade to the XA5, not a side-grade to the XT20 [which incidentally, didn't have an ISO dial] It's got configurable dials, I'm sure you could use them for these things.
Configurable dials are the work of the devil. How on earth is someone of my advanced years supposed to remember what function is assigned to which switch?. And I hate the X-T20.

Configurable dials are the work of the devil. How on earth is someone of my advanced years supposed to remember what function is assigned to which switch?. And I hate the X-T20.

Best wait for the XT3 then, but you know that will most definitely have a touch screen too

Lightroom will be much kinder too it for one

Here we go again........

I've had a long conversation with Fuji UK about LR and processing, Fuji recognised that Adobe was not making the best of their RAW (RAF) files with X-Trans 1 and 2, so before the X-Trans3 was released (first camera X-Pro2), Fuji software engineers worked closely with Adobe to make sure that X-Trans3 produced good results. Now I've had all 3 X-Trans variants and Fuji Bayer cameras, and I can say that from experience that X-Trans3 is much much easier to process in Lightroom, and I know that I'm not the only Fuji user to experience this. I've had nothing but excellent results, and now a number of respected and non-Fuji ambassador photographers are using X-T2' and Lightroom - such as Nigel Danson.

I do wish that people would move on from 'legacy' views...........

Last edited:
Ive always loved the original fuji x100, infact i still have it :rolleyes:.i wouldnt mind trying this camera with a nice lens on.

Here we go again........

I've had a long conversation with Fuji UK about LR and processing, Fuji recognised that Adobe was not making the best of their RAW (RAF) files with X-Trans 1 and 2, so before the X-Trans3 was released (first camera X-Pro2), Fuji software engineers worked closely with Adobe to make sure that X-Trans3 produced good results. Now I've had all 3 X-Trans variants and Fuji Bayer cameras, and I can say that from experience that X-Trans3 is much much easier to process in Lightroom, and I know that I'm not the only Fuji user to experience this. I've had nothing but excellent results, and now a number of respected and non-Fuji ambassador photographers are using X-T2' and Lightroom - such as Nigel Danson.

I do wish that people would move on from 'legacy' views...........

Y'see, you jumped on that way too quick like the narky old git you are. Lightroom was slow and painful for me when using Fuji files, simple as. That's not just my experience, but many find the same. D800E files not only loaded quicker for me, but they processed a lot smoother too. I'm finding the same with Panasonic RAW files.

Nobody mentioned any side effects or any other nonsense you're spewing there, maybe seek clarification next time before having a hernia over a simple factual post. I was one of few who didn't moan about any other issues outside of processing speed. I don't give a rat's nutsack what 'Fuji Ambassadors" are doing, and until you are one, down off the high horsie

Last edited:
Y'see, you jumped on that way too quick like the narky old git you are. Lightroom was slow and painful for me when using Fuji files, simple as. That's not just my experience, but many find the same. D800E files not only loaded quicker for me, but they processed a lot smoother too. I'm finding the same with Panasonic RAW files.

Nobody mentioned any side effects or any other nonsense you're spewing there, maybe seek clarification next time before having a hernia over a simple factual post. I was one of few who didn't moan about any other issues outside of processing speed. I don't give a rat's nutsack what 'Fuji Ambassadors" are doing, and until you are one, down off the high horsie

Thanks for the reply Keith, I believe you have no experience of Lightroom with X-Trans2, feel free to correct me, latest lightroom CC (classic) with its speed modifications loads RAF files very quickly.

I didn't mention any artefact issues merely that Fuji had recognised that Adobe wasn't showing early X-trans in a good light, nor did I mention what Fuji Ambassadors are using.

I'm certainly not having a hernia over this, and I'm pleased that you have a workflow that suits you (as I myself have one that suits me)

(In fact I've had a hernia operation - too much lifting of legacy DSLRS - :D:D, no actually from plasterboarding a ceiling on my own, something I won't be doing in future)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Keith, I believe you have no experience of Lightroom with X-Trans2, feel free to correct me, latest lightroom CC (classic) with its speed modifications loads RAF files very quickly.

I didn't mention any artefact issues merely that Fuji had recognised that Adobe wasn't showing early X-trans in a good light, nor did I mention what Fuji Ambassadors are using.

I'm certainly not having a hernia over this, and I'm pleased that you have a workflow that suits you (as I myself have one that suits me)

(In fact I've had a hernia operation - too much lifting of legacy DSLRS - :D:D, no actually from plasterboarding a ceiling on my own, something I won't be doing in future)

I actually have a hiatus hernia myself! :D I felt like you were hinting at those other issues, and you could sift through the whole of the Fuji XT thread and not find me moaning about those. Yes, I used Xtrans 1 & 2 [Pro1 and XT1 right?] and they did indeed slow LR up. I'm delighted that is sorted if that is the case. I didn't move away from Fuji for any of these reasons, I just wanted to try some IBIS bodies, it was that simple. You said they were using LR, I continue to do so too, no matter the camera I'm using. I continued using it even with the slow up when I shot Fuji. It's a bit ironic, I'll change gear like the weather but can't move away from LR, been using it since 3

Anyway, was a bit narky myself there, it's early , not had the coffee

I actually have a hiatus hernia myself! :D I felt like you were hinting at those other issues, and you could sift through the whole of the Fuji XT thread and not find me moaning about those. Yes, I used Xtrans 1 & 2 [Pro1 and XT1 right?] and they did indeed slow LR up. I'm delighted that is sorted if that is the case. I didn't move away from Fuji for any of these reasons, I just wanted to try some IBIS bodies, it was that simple. You said they were using LR, I continue to do so too, no matter the camera I'm using. I continued using it even with the slow up when I shot Fuji. It's a bit ironic, I'll change gear like the weather but can't move away from LR, been using it since 3

Anyway, was a bit narky myself there, it's early , not had the coffee

:):cool:

Best wait for the XT3 then, but you know that will most definitely have a touch screen too
Don’t need to change cameras. Possibly not in my lifetime. Satisfied with what I’ve got.

Last edited:
Don’t need to change cameras. Satisfied with what I’ve got.

:agree: The X-T3 will have to be something really special to make me upgrade (.....possibly famous last words....which no doubt I'll be eating :eek:......). The X-T2 was such a step upgrade over the previous model, I can't see the X-T3 being as big a step.

Last edited:
The XT3 is certainly going to have this more flexible LCD, it's hard to know what else they will add as it'll step on sales of the XH1 if they make it much better. IBIS? Higher MP count? New processor, a bunch of new video features ... ?

whilst were on the subject of hernias got a couple of ilingual ones,not troubling me so staying away from the op as a mate had one done and it looks like hes gonna have to have it done again,i might get a jock strap insteadb:giggle::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back