Fuji xt100

The XT3 is certainly going to have this more flexible LCD, it's hard to know what else they will add as it'll step on sales of the XH1 if they make it much better. IBIS? Higher MP count? New processor, a bunch of new video features ... ?

Can't see IBIS on X-T3 that will be saved for X-H2, expect a 28/29MP APS-C sensor with Sony A9 style readout

Lightroom will be much kinder too it for one
Well, I dont use lightroom, my current laptop wouldn't run it and at the moment I am running a free trial of zoner photo studio, which I may purchase in full.

Anyway, overall iq from the bayer sensor, is it beneficial to go to xtrans in an xt20, is this the same sensor thats used in the xa5?

X-A cameras and now the X-T100 use Bayer sensors

X-T20 has current X-Trans sensor - X-Trans3

Unless the list of Fujifilm cameras is out of date Zoner Photo Studio only directly supports a limited number of Fuji cameras, others can be supported through the use of Adobe's DNG converter.

Well, I dont use lightroom, my current laptop wouldn't run it and at the moment I am running a free trial of zoner photo studio, which I may purchase in full.

Anyway, overall iq from the bayer sensor, is it beneficial to go to xtrans in an xt20, is this the same sensor thats used in the xa5?

From what I have seen on the XA5, it's a cracking sensor, especially for the price range.

Big head Taco does a direct comparison between the XT100 and the XH1 and posted the results of an image taken with identical settings/lens on Flickr.

He says: "As mentioned in my YouTube video, here are the two images I took consecutively using the Fujifilm X-H1 and the X-T100. Both used the same lens, same JPEG film simulation profile, same exposure. These are SOOC and absolutely no modifications. Details in FlickR and also in the EXIF data. This is just to see the difference between the sensors and processors"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126513692@N06/sets/72157691406590770/

To my eye, the Bayer sensor has more clarity and richness, it seems a little sharper all round too. Very surprising. View different areas at 100% on both.

Of course, this is just one SOOC Jpeg, I would need to see more direct comparison examples. Hopefully some of the reviewers do this.

Last edited:
From what I have seen on the XA5, it's a cracking sensor, especially for the price range.

Big head Taco does a direct comparison between the XT100 and the XH1 and posted the results of an image taken with identical settings/lens on Flickr.

He says: "As mentioned in my YouTube video, here are the two images I took consecutively using the Fujifilm X-H1 and the X-T100. Both used the same lens, same JPEG film simulation profile, same exposure. These are SOOC and absolutely no modifications. Details in FlickR and also in the EXIF data. This is just to see the difference between the sensors and processors"

To my eye, the Bayer sensor has more clarity and richness, it seems a little sharper all round too. Very surprising. View different areas at 100% on both.

Of course, this is just one SOOC Jpeg, I would need to see more direct comparison examples. Hopefully some of the reviewers do this.

Interesting, thanks Keith.

Thanks for posting this...bugger...

I have had one for about a week. The camera is nice and solid. With the new kit lens it is about the same size as my X100 with lens hood. It even fits in my X100 leather case (though you can't flip the LCD out with it on).
The button layout etc is a bit of a culture shock coming from X100 and XPro. I put it into manual focus and used the single Fn button for 'Instant AF'. The EVF is quite nice (compared to X100, XE-1 and X-Pro1) and I could see through it in this bright sunshine.

The sensor? Well, trees and foliage look like ... trees and foliage. With my 35mm f/1.4 the images were very sharp and for SOOC JPEG, I had to turn the sharpness down a notch. Latest LR Classic supports RAW and defaults to 40 sharpening - way too high, so that might catch you out if unawares.

Overall, I am not convinced it's an improvement over X-trans ... in spite of the apparent sharpness, the look seems too brittle and contrasty. I prefer the look of images from my X100 Classic and X-Pro 1, even if they may initially appear 'softer' - there's a richness and smoothness there that I find lacking from the X-T100.

But I may change my mind ...

It could be that I have not given it long enough and maybe this bright sunny weather is unkind to it. Anyway, it's on its way back to Amazon because one of the lens mount pins is faulty. At this stage I have asked for a refund.

Having said that - it's a great camera for somebody's first foray into Fuji land.

Lee

Last edited:
I have had one for about a week. The camera is nice and solid. With the new kit lens it is about the same size as my X100 with lens hood. It even fits in my X100 leather case (though you can't flip the LCD out with it on).
The button layout etc is a bit of a culture shock coming from X100 and XPro. I put it into manual focus and used the single Fn button for 'Instant AF'. The EVF is quite nice (compared to X100, XE-1 and X-Pro1) and I could see through it in this bright sunshine.

The sensor? Well, trees and foliage look like ... trees and foliage. With my 35mm f/1.4 the images were very sharp and for SOOC JPEG, I had to turn the sharpness down a notch. Latest LR Classic supports RAW and defaults to 40 sharpening - way too high, so that might catch you out if unawares.

Overall, I am not convinced it's an improvement over X-trans ... in spite of the apparent sharpness, the look seems too brittle and contrasty. I prefer the look of images from my X100 Classic and X-Pro 1, even if they may initially appear 'softer' - there's a richness and smoothness there that I find lacking from the X-T100.

But I may change my mind ...

It could be that I have not given it long enough and maybe this bright sunny weather is unkind to it. Anyway, it's on its way back to Amazon because one of the lens mount pins is faulty. At this stage I have asked for a refund.

Having said that - it's a great camera for somebody's first foray into Fuji land.

Lee
definately the harsh sun could give a brittley contrasty look,i dont like shooting in this light myself but the X100c definately has a look not comparable to any xcamera ive tried and ive tried most

After sending my first XT100 (in champagne gold) back due to a fault and missing it, I have got hold of another one (dark silver this time)! I think the kit lens is pretty good ...

This one was left at LR Classic default sharpening of 40, Provia simulation. You should be able to click through the images to Flickr and download the full size JPGs exported from LR. Don't know how useful these are!

XTCF0197 by Lee Davis, on Flickr

Last edited:
Who me...I’m away this weekend..watch this space when I get back..(it’s pretty tiny);)

My weekend away was a bit of a disaster. Managed to injure the muscle behind my Knee early on Saturday Morning
Hardly used the camera, It is rather lovely though.
Anyway a few meaningless pictures from it.

DSCF1037.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1038.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1045.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1082 by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1047.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

My weekend away was a bit of a disaster. Managed to injure the muscle behind my Knee early on Saturday Morning
Hardly used the camera, It is rather lovely though.
Anyway a few meaningless pictures from it.

DSCF1037.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1038.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1045.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1082 by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF1047.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr
I knew it,knew you couldn't resist,lol,how do the files look compared to the classic Trev?

My G80 has an articulating screen, it bugs the hell out of me, really wish it was just tilt. The few times I did use it was for a few group 'selfies' and for awkward angle macros or low to ground shots, where I just would have preferred a simple tilt LCD. It would be sweet to have both, kudos to Fuji on that, I think everyone will copy that going forward. It's not quite enticing me away from the Panasonic yet, the ALCD is the only real gripe I have with the G80. Other than that it has excellent 5-axis IBIS which is great for primes without OIS, and it's got much better 4K options [though I rarely use video, I like having it there for the times I do] and I love the grip on the camera and overall layout. I think it's a bit of an underrated gem, the only thing it lacks compared to the Fuji's is decent low light performance

How do you get on with ibis in video mode? I’d be keen to adapt vintage lenses to it and shoot video

How do you get on with ibis in video mode? I’d be keen to adapt vintage lenses to it and shoot video

It's excellent, for both stills and video. I have adapted a few lenses to it, it felt great the first time I used the Takumar 200mm F4, as with Fuji I didn't have the IBIS and it could be tricky. But it was as if it was floating with the IBIS on the G80. I don't really do video, just random clips of the kids in the garden, but even I can get very steady footage, it's impressive.

I knew it,knew you couldn't resist,lol,how do the files look compared to the classic Trev?

Chris. Not compared them to the Classic. Probably won’t.
I like it. It’s a bit fiddly handling wise. Could easily get used to it. Quite slow and deliberate in use. No problem for what I want it for.
Remains to be seen whether it could replace my F. Wouldn’t mind the 10-24 on it...

Back