Fuji X20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Chie
Edit My Images
No
Hello.

I thought we should have this thread officially started. :)

This is my first post in the forum though I have used this site many times when I had questions about my camera system (Canon) or, recently, queries on the Fuji X Series.

I saw a lot of posts on the X10 - a very interesting thread with quite a lot of knowledgable people sharing information about that nifty little camera - and a lot of x20 references within it but no X20 thread. With its re-release days (if not, hopefully, hours) away, I thought a thread to compile all our thoughts about it should get started. :)

So here it is.

30 May 2013. 8.55am. (my part of the world, that is)

fujifilm-x20-official-x-trans-cmos-no-low-pass-filter-0.jpg

Thanks SteveHuff Photo for the image. He has a short review (1st look) of the X20 here.

Let the X20 talk begin.

Last edited:
So what got me so excited I just had to post this one up? Fujifilm Indonesia (I'm currently staying at Jakarta) just sent me a message through their FB channel in response to my queries about the x20 silver:

Fujifilm Indonesia
Hi...
Good news, X20 Silver will be restock to our dealers around Indonesia in nearby time. You might ask for our nearest dealer for order it.
Thank you.

One of my favourite suppliers told me they might be able to get mine sent to me today so I'm praying and hoping I get my first shots before night comes in. :)

Here are a few interesting links:

The Official Fuji X10 Thread

The Official x10 thread has a lot of information available to begin with and was very helpful in getting me all excited and (maybe) technically ready for the X20. I suggest you head on over there (if you haven't already) and read up on the X10 as it is the foundation the X20 was built on.

Images there are added eye candies.

Fujifilm Global's X20 page

This mini-site is chockfull of technical information on the X20. It also has videos to show you a bit of what it can do. :)

Fuji X Photographers take on the X20

Here's a site with a few sample images taken with an actual X20. :)

And, just for fun...

Zack Arias' interesting review

On Fuji X100 but generally applicable to Fuji Cameras today. Amusing way to write, I say.

Now back to crossing my fingers that I get mine today. :cool:

Before I make a move in the direction of the X20 to replace my X10, I would like to get my hands on a full size unprocessed raw file. I need to try out the new version of the Adobe raw processor to see if it still produces the horrible Mosaic artifacts. If so I will not be interested.

Before I make a move in the direction of the X20 to replace my X10, I would like to get my hands on a full size unprocessed raw file. I need to try out the new version of the Adobe raw processor to see if it still produces the horrible Mosaic artifacts. If so I will not be interested.

ive just ordered one when it comes tell me what you want and ill take a shot for you (y)

I had a play with one at Focus and didn't find it enough of an upgrade to consider swapping yet. I liked the information overlay in the viewfinder but it wasn't very easy to see against a busy background (it was lit up in green).

I preferred the silver/black finish compared to the solid black though. :)

I had a play with one at Focus and didn't find it enough of an upgrade to consider swapping yet. I liked the information overlay in the viewfinder but it wasn't very easy to see against a busy background (it was lit up in green).

I preferred the silver/black finish compared to the solid black though. :)

Call me a flaky woman, I love the X10, but it is the hobby camera, ergo, the silver/black finish is the main reason for wanting to swap :LOL:

Call me a flaky woman, I love the X10, but it is the hobby camera, ergo, the silver/black finish is the main reason for wanting to swap :LOL:

Nothing flaky about that Yvonne! ;)

I'll probably get one but not until the price has taken a huge drop (like the X10 did). I'll give my X10 to my daughter then! :D

Nothing flaky about that Yvonne! ;)

I'll probably get one but not until the price has taken a huge drop (like the X10 did). I'll give my X10 to my daughter then! :D

We haven't decided on the X10's fate yet, should we get a 20, definitely keep it, but not sure if it will be for J to use exclusively, or give to Bratney who has been going on about wanting a 'handbag' camera.

I've been waiting for mine since last week. Truth is, I didn't even think I'd get a Fuji and was looking at the Canon S110 (I use Canon and thought the easy wifi system would jus work for me). Then my friend introduced me to her X10, which I looked at and liked... as I was looking through my camera supplier's website, I saw the X20 and fell in love with how it looked (two-tone yeah!)

Read up on the X10 and X20's early reviews and fell even harder. Now, I've just pestered the shop everyday. Scratch that, shops. hahahahaha. Fuji Indonesia said the silver ones are coming this week. I'm hoping for tomorrow. :)

I'm so excited.

IMO, the XF-1 is better looking than the X-10/20, even with the X-x0 in silver/black leather finish. Of the colours it's (the XF-1) available in, (again, IMO) it looks best in tan. I did originally have the case in tan to match but changed it for a black one to match the leather interior of the car!!!:LOL:

As I've said ensewhere, I've had a quick play with an X-20, mainly to see how the in VF display was (my only real gripe with the X-10). IMO, while it's nice to have some exposure info there, it's too hard to see when overlaid on the subject - far easier to see info like that when it's agaiunst a black background like in DSLR VFs. I'd also like to have seen things like the composition aids and the level indicator in the VF. For me, the X-20 doesn't offer quite enough extra to consider the upgrade so I haven't taken the time (both mine and the shop staff's) to take any snaps in either JPEG or raw - since I'm more than happy with what the X-10 chucks out, the new sensor isn't an attraction for me!

news from Fujifilm Indonesia:

Hi,
I suggest to ask dealer to keep it for you because X20 silver will come in this week after we had X20 black has sold out in hours last week.

Thank you.

So, back to calling the shops then. :)

Chie we are all retying on you to get your hands on an X20 -- or is there anyone else with one -- bump -- bump -- :)

I gather they are for sale in the UK now -- perhaps Duncan, the X10 thread starter, will buy one & reappear on this thread :shrug:

Had my silver x20 since the 19th although couldn't touch it till the 22nd as it was a birthday present, that was s long 3 days. Weather has been totally rubbish since getting it so not been able to use it half as much as i wanted.

This is my first fuji so still learning, after playing with an x10 in store i can definately confirm the x20 is signifigantly faster. So far i have only been taking jpegs which seem excellent. I have also installed lightroom 4.4 RC last night so will test some raws as soon as i can.

Only thing left to say is that i love my x20

Had my silver x20 since the 19th although couldn't touch it till the 22nd as it was a birthday present, that was s long 3 days. Weather has been totally rubbish since getting it so not been able to use it half as much as i wanted.

This is my first fuji so still learning, after playing with an x10 in store i can definately confirm the x20 is signifigantly faster. So far i have only been taking jpegs which seem excellent. I have also installed lightroom 4.4 RC last night so will test some raws as soon as i can.

Hi Cliffy & welcome to TP as it is your first post :wave:

Can we see some images ----- please ---- ASAP ---- thanks (y)

Chie we are all retying on you to get your hands on an X20 -- or is there anyone else with one -- bump -- bump -- :)

I gather they are for sale in the UK now -- perhaps Duncan, the X10 thread starter, will buy one & reappear on this thread :shrug:

I'm trying as hard as I can (translate to: calling all shops morning and afternoon) to get my hands on a silver one. :LOL: I'm picky about my camera that way. :LOL:

Cliffy, it'll be my second Fuji but my first is an Instax so I don't know if that counts. come share images!

While we wait, though, here are a few from Fuji X Photographers: Photographer Donato Chirulli talks on FUJIFILM X20

Cliffy there are no photos showing & I've checked on another browser to make sure it isn't a quirk with IE :shrug:

John, I was going to offer to try and borrow an X-20 for you to play with at home for a short while but I see that Cliffy has shot at Dartmoor Zoo very recently and uses the word "drekly" so probably isn't too far away from you and might be persuaded to let an old fart have a fondle over a coffee?

John, I was going to offer to try and borrow an X-20 for you to play with at home for a short while but I see that Cliffy has shot at Dartmoor Zoo very recently and uses the word "drekly" so probably isn't too far away from you and might be persuaded to let an old fart have a fondle over a coffee?

No problems at all, i dont drive so would either need to come to me or i could get a friend to drive me somewhere near by?? I am down in Truro (just outside)

No problems at all, i dont drive so would either need to come to me or i could get a friend to drive me somewhere near by?? I am down in Truro (just outside)

Cliffy I used to (sorry I still loiter on the thread :eek: ) own an X10 but couldn't use it too easily because of my being somewhat crocked up. So sold it & bought a Nikon P7700 (everyone boo :LOL: ) which I am better able to use one handed.

I still follow the thread because of the friendliness of the contributors & the fact that some use the X10 as their only camera as I guess will be the case for the X20.

I still miss the X10 but if I try & be sensible -- :nuts: -- I perhaps should of gone for an XF-1 or Canon S110 which are pocketable. So is the Sony RX100 but it sure is a few bob :puke:

I still miss the X10 but if I try & be sensible -- :nuts: -- I perhaps should of gone for an XF-1 or Canon S110 which are pocketable. So is the Sony RX100 but it sure is a few bob :puke:

It is sure not the cheapest of past times:( , I am partially sighted myself (no where near as bad as some tho) so do struggle to read the information on screen from time to time. I am starting to memorise where everything is on the X20 now though which helps although i do find myself reaching for a magnifying glass to check the settings every now and again.

Really hoping todays weather continues through to the weekend so i can get out and take some more pictures, i have a sneaky feeling with the weather being so bad that the cat and dog are really starting to get fed up with me :naughty:

So envious of you, Cliffy! I really like the cobwebs and DoF on the 306 (faucet shot)! And such sweet yellows, too!

I just called the shops (priority on today's list of things to do) and they said there have been no updates yet. It's possible for the boxes to come in tomorrow as a huge Fuji event is scheduled in the Philippines then. Since we're in the same region, perhaps they'll release it at the same time?

5481_511114298938187_295348755_n.jpg

I just called the shops (priority on today's list of things to do) and they said there have been no updates yet. It's possible for the boxes to come in tomorrow as a huge Fuji event is scheduled in the Philippines then. Since we're in the same region, perhaps they'll release it at the same ]

Fingers crossed you pick one up soon! This thread should be great once more X20's get into peoples hands and we get more shots on here!

Thanks, Cliffy! Did you get a black or a silver one?

While a few of us wait, click here to find a very informative overview of the X20.

Fuji X20 review by Digital Camera World

Reviewer said she has a full review on techradar and I think I've linked it before but to save you some time, here's the link again: Techradar Review of the X20.

I'm hoping tomorrow's the day!

Pleased to say i got a silver one. Finally received my case yesterday. Its not cheap but very well made and fits perfectly.

Tomorrow will be the day (y)

Which case did you get? I'm getting a soft shutter button as well. :) Red ladybug, I think. :)

Amazon uk now have stock of both black and silver X20, cant imagine there is any chance of any peeling or chipping. The build quality is absolutely brilliant

Amazon uk now have stock of both black and silver X20, cant imagine there is any chance of any peeling or chipping. The build quality is absolutely brilliant

thanks for the input. hoping today's the day.

cancelled my order and bought the baby brother xf1 instead ideal for my needs but no thread :(

cancelled my order and bought the baby brother xf1 instead ideal for my needs but no thread :(

It has the same EXR cmos sensor as the X10 So it should deliver similar quality to an X10, though with a somewhat lesser lens.
Would seem to be an excellent pocket camera. Though a generation behind the X20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back