Fuji XE-1 as pocket camera

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I am thing about getting something a bit more "pocketable" and more discrete than my XT-1 as a walkabout camera.
I already have the Fuji 27mm pancake lens and that in combination with an XE-1 or XE-2 would seem to be a reasonable solution as it would seem I get get a used camera from £120-£200 ish.
Any thoughts , comments are other ideas would be welcome-BTW I want a camera with a viewfinder so the X-A* series are out.

I am thing about getting something a bit more "pocketable" and more discrete than my XT-1 as a walkabout camera.
I already have the Fuji 27mm pancake lens and that in combination with an XE-1 or XE-2 would seem to be a reasonable solution as it would seem I get get a used camera from £120-£200 ish.
Any thoughts , comments are other ideas would be welcome-BTW I want a camera with a viewfinder so the X-A* series are out.

X-E2 with latest firmware gives very similar performance to your X-T1, biggest noticeable difference is the size of EVF. X-E1 has pedestrian AF in comparison

(I’ve owned all 3 cameras!!)

X-E1 for the rendition or X-E2/X-T10 for improved AF. Either will do fine

Last edited:
X-E2 with latest firmware gives very similar performance to your X-T1, biggest noticeable difference is the size of EVF. X-E1 has pedestrian AF in comparison

(I’ve owned all 3 cameras!!)

So have I and agree, AF on the E1 isn't very good, strangely didn't notice it when it was the first Fuji camera I owned.
Wouldn't say they were pocketable even with the 27mm attached unless you have very big pockets.

I went to a gig the other year and decided to take some photos around London beforehand, first time with the E2 and 27mm combo
Still needed to bung it in my rucksack and I had shorts on with cargo pockets, not that compact really

Last edited:
While the X-H1 is undeniably a bit bulkier than the X-E1, I found the combination of the X-H1 and the pancake lens a bit too bulky as a pocket camera. I also found that the 27mm wasn't quite wide enough for what I needed. IMO there are some damn good largish sensor compacts around these days and they make a much better pocket camera than a CSC and pancake.

Back