Fuji XE2 and Zeiss 12mm Combo for Landscape Work ??

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Evening,

I've never owned what I would call a proper landscape lens - sure I've had fun with the Sigma 10-20mm when used on a crop body back in the day and I still love my 24-105 on my full frame. Over the next 24 months there are some pretty big projects coming up both personally and professionally that will require something wider. I had (or so I thought) my mind set on a Zeiss 18mm to partner my 1DX ...

I also have a fuji which to date has been my day to day carry with me everywhere and pretty much love everything that comes out of the dam thing camera ... I then started to look at the Zeiss 12mm lens for the Fuji system (18mm equiv)... It has me torn .... Part of the projects will involve travel and while I don't mind hulking the 1DX around if I could get away with not it may be advantageous ...

Have I lost my marbles to be considering a fuji mount lens as a my main landscape lens for some pretty major work over the next 24 months?

Comments and thoughts mucho appreciated :)

cheers,

Nigel

Save the pennies and get the Samyang 12mm, It's at least as good as the Zeiss, many claim better... I haven't got a Zeiss but my Samyang is VERY good indeed.

Samyang all the way and regularly comes out on top in tests .
Fraction of the price to

You will! Great lens, lightstrong F2, nice optics. Share some photos whit it.

Morning all,

So it's been a few months now since I picked up the lens (Sammy 12mm) and so far I'm loving it - due to some family health issues going on I've not been as active with the camera as I'd have hoped to be ... still for the stuff I've done I've been very impressed, both with the IQ and the range of view on the 18mm equiv . Will go over and post some shots on the Landscape Photos page ....

cheers,

Nige

@MrDrizz ....

I know this isn't the thread for photos, rather discussion so will include links rather than actual images

Moments Before

Photography = Mindfulness

Love the lens .... Really top drawer, especially given the price. Does not see as much usage these days as now have the 10-24mm and the 18-135 which would be my two go-to lens for a lot of my landscape work ... Really hoping to make more use of it for some nighttime stuff given the f/2 goodness ...

Some night time stuff

cheers,

Nige

Back