Fuji XF 18mm, 23mm or 35mm?

Edit My Images
Yes
I've recently swapped over to a Fuji X-E2. I have the 18-55mm kit lens. I am thinking about adding a prime for my trip to Sri Lanka next month. But not sure which lens, any thoughts on either of these 3? The prime would probably be for evenings when the light drops off.
18mm f/2 - It's only one stop quicker than the kit lens but is nice and compact.
23mm f/1.4 - looks like the prime candidate but I'd really struggle to afford it before going away!
35mm f/1.4 - much faster than the kit lens but I think the 35mm field of view may be a little restricted, remember its a 1.5x crop.

Its entirely up to you but your right the 18mm would be nice and compact, its also relatively cheap to get a hold of due to all of the offers that have been on it.

The 23mm looks amazing but like you say it is pricey! 35mm is a cracker of a lens, especially in low light, I'd probably take it if I couldn't afford the 23mm.

I'm going to Burma in a few months and will be taking the 18-55mm & a 14mm that should cover my needs.

Agreed the 35mm is a stunning lens and one to have in your bag as a go to lens, great for street photography.

Just remember that the primes are not IS, and whilst superb lenses especially the 35mm, they are definitely more prone to shake than the 18-55

What I'm trying to say is that you may find that the 18-55 will be fine, and you can save your pennies.

Having said that I'd take the 18-55 and the 35mm (as I just love the images from the 35mm)!!!

23mm. versatile focal length, fast aperture. Easy to hand hold. Its worth every penny.

You may find the 18mm to wide and the 35mm to long for most shooting.

If it was me, I'd go for the 23mm. The extra clarity seems to be at least as good as the 35mm, but it'll give a much wider view and I bet you wouldn't touch the 18-55 on the trip with so,etching as good as that :)

Cost is a huge factor of course but there's currently £100 cash back so you'll have a £100 cash card waiting for you on your return if you fill out everything beforehand :)

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the replies. Mixed opinion it seems. No such cash back offers down here in Australia, it's such a rip off!

Back