Fuji XF1 Inteligent Digital Zoom

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
I've just purchased a Fuji XF1 and I'm getting to grips with all the features. One feature that is confusing me is the 'intelligent digital zoom'. As far as I can tell if I enable this feature then the lens zoom range changes by x2 so becomes 50-200mm. Is this correct?

Its probably the following that is causing my bafflement:-

1. The overlay on the LCD screen shows a long rectangular 'progress bar' for the intelligent digital zoom even when I have the feature turned off. It just duplicates what the graphic for the lens zoom shows at the bottom of the screen as I rotate the lens - am I missing something here or is the progress bar pointless?

2. The manual makes little mention of the intelligent digital zoom but it does say that the effects of the zoom aren't visible in the display. What does that mean? :thinking:

On previous compacts I've owned the digital zoom came into play once the limits of the optical zoom were reached but the Fuji doesn't seem to play this way...

I've done a lot of searching but haven't found much on this feature but I believe it may be same on the X10 / X20. Can anyone enlighten me please?

I've just purchased a Fuji XF1 and I'm getting to grips with all the features. One feature that is confusing me is the 'intelligent digital zoom'. As far as I can tell if I enable this feature then the lens zoom range changes by x2 so becomes 50-200mm. Is this correct?

Its probably the following that is causing my bafflement:-

1. The overlay on the LCD screen shows a long rectangular 'progress bar' for the intelligent digital zoom even when I have the feature turned off. It just duplicates what the graphic for the lens zoom shows at the bottom of the screen as I rotate the lens - am I missing something here or is the progress bar pointless?

2. The manual makes little mention of the intelligent digital zoom but it does say that the effects of the zoom aren't visible in the display. What does that mean? :thinking:

On previous compacts I've owned the digital zoom came into play once the limits of the optical zoom were reached but the Fuji doesn't seem to play this way...

I've done a lot of searching but haven't found much on this feature but I believe it may be same on the X10 / X20. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Why not post on the X10 thread as you should get a reply soon. Nod has the camera & has owned the X10 so you could PM him but he looks on the X10 thread regularly.

I also frequent the rest of the forum!

I know the XF-1 has an "intelligent" digital zoom facility but if I need such things, I simply crop in PP which gives me more accurate control, I never use any in camera digital zoom facility (unless I'm using my HS-30 as a digital telescope!)

Back