Fuji XT-1 /XE-2 Puzzle

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I wonder if anyone can throw any light on this please.
I have the cameras above, when I connect the XE-2 to my PC via USB I can see the camera , a folder named external storage containing DCIM and Fuji with the photographs so I can download to the PC with no problem.
When I do this with the XT-1 I see two folders , Live and Still neither of which contain anything.
I have only just noticed this as usually I download photos from the XT-1 using a card reader without problems and have done this ever since I bought the camera many years ago.
The XT-1 manual refers to uploading to MYFinePix studio ( which I don't have ) and copying from there so is this the only way to get photos from the XT-1 using a USB cable.
If I try and import via LR again LR sees the camera but no photos.
While this is not a problem its a puzzle but I suppose it could be a fault with the USB connection on the camera.
Any Thoughts ?

Chris

I don’t have a Fuji camera to test, but I know on my Sony I have to set the USB type to “mass storage” on the camera to use it this way. I’ve had a quick look online and it looks like it might be the same for the Fuji :)

Is it in Tether Mode?
It does not have that option, the only option for USB connection is auto and that is greyed out.
I am starting to suspect that it might be the USB circuit but as I have only just tried it using a cable connection I don't know if it has always been like this.
Its not a problem just a puzzle

I have a Fuji XT-1 and just taken a shot and connected to the PC via USB cable I only see one folder DCIM which had a sub folder and the image was inthere.

Did not see the other folder Live and Still :thinking:

Like you I usually just off load images via a card reader and have not seen this folder names doing that either.

Sorry not sure what they refer to.

Back