Fuji XT-2 memory card problem.

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone.

In the last few days I've finally got my hands on my Xt-2 which I ordered before new years! I also went out and bought 2 new uhs-ii sd memory cards to get the most out of the camera. The problem I'm having is, after I've taken a few shots the camera dumps the memory card in slot one and says it's not initialized. It only recognises the card again after formatting, and playing with the settings.

I've swapped the memory cards between slot 1 and 2, and the problem stays in slot 1 so I'm pretty sure it's not a faulty memory card.

Anyone had the same issues or have any ideas on stopping this from happening. I bought it from jessops, so will contact them before trying a firmware update.

Thanks.

Matt.

if the problem stays in slot 1 have you made sure the camera is set in the menu to write to the card in slot 1

Yeah, I've tried both sequential and back up and it dumps it on both settings.

Matt.

Think I'd be taking the camera back. Sounds more like software than hardware; something in the writing process rather than the cards.

Reactions: Nod
From the way you've swapped the cards it does seem like a camera problem. Have you tried a lower-spec card just to cover all points?

I did, and it didn't drop the card. I'm thinking it's to do with the high speed data transfer. I've carried on testing it with the uhs-ii cards to see if it would drop the card in slot 2 after it had dropped card in slot one, and it didn't, so I'm 99% sure its not the cards.

Either way, I've contacted Jessops and they're going to replace it straight away.

I did, and it didn't drop the card. I'm thinking it's to do with the high speed data transfer. I've carried on testing it with the uhs-ii cards to see if it would drop the card in slot 2 after it had dropped card in slot one, and it didn't, so I'm 99% sure its not the cards.

Either way, I've contacted Jessops and they're going to replace it straight away.

Badger_GT - I bought an X-T2 yesterday from Jessops and I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried 3 different high speed cards. Did you manage to resolve the problem or did you need to return the body to Jessops?

Just been doing an online search on this fault as I've just got my XT-2. I don't have any Lexar cards but it would seem others have the same problem, card fails in slot 1 but works okay in slot 2.
I only buy SanDisk these days so hopefully I won't get the same problem. I really hope you get it sorted. My XT-1 died after 300 shots so I know how frustrating it can be.

Glad I read this (sorry for you affected guys though).

I've read the fastest cards for the XT2 are the Lexar 2000 cards which run at 300MB/s and nearly bought 2 today.

Crazy prices though

Might be unrelated. Lexar UHS 2 in my D500 are problematic.
Switching to UHS 1 cured it.

I have read that those Lexar cards are not compatible with the XT-2
I use Lexar professional 1000x 150MB/s 32GB UHS2 in my X-T2 with no problems. Switch them back and forth between slots in no particular order. Never had any problems at all.

I find if cards have been in your computer and back into the camera without formatting Fuji cameras don't like it.

I find if cards have been in your computer and back into the camera without formatting Fuji cameras don't like it.
I only reformat in camera, but do that every time they are downloaded, and have never experienced any problems.

Back