Fujifilm GFX 50S

So... this happened...

Fuji GFX50s & 32-64 by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Snagged probably the first used GFX 50s on offer in the UK from Ffordes, saved a fortune on the New price for a GFX 50s, Grip, Spare Battery and 32-64, I really can't wait to get out and about this weekend with it, the quality blew me away when I tried on a few weeks ago!
Enjoy.....lots! I so lust for one.

Can't wait to see the images captured from that brute.

:)

Folks,

Purchased this a couple of weeks ago via the classifieds but I've decided its not for me and I'm thinking about taking a break from photography.
I'd always wanted to try one of these as I've seen so many good things said about it but for me its just not quite there yet, I can't fault the image quality though its truly incredible.

Boxed and mint with a screen protector on it, will also come with an Extended Eyecup (and original), 3rd Party Battery Grip, 3rd Party L-Grip, USB Charger and 4x 3rd party batteries (along with the 1x Sony one).

Originally from Panamoz in March 2017 so theres a huge chunk of warranty remaining (2 years and 9-10 months) and of course can be transferred to a new owner.

Looking for £1875 posted via RMSD to take into account all the extras!

So what are your thoughts on the Fuji GFX50s?
Any better than the Sony A7RII?

Its very good, different beast from the A7rii but on an IQ perspective, yes I'd say its better, the dynamic range is almost like magic and the sheer amount of detail is just incredible, its also (for me) a much nicer camera to use, Fuji controls and body with a much larger sensor and no X-Trans, its almost perfect for the landscape and cityscape shooting that I do.
That said I would probably add an X-Pro 2 or XT-2 if I needed faster autofocus, thats isn't its strength but then what medium format camera is for that?

I'll be watching the future of Fuji Medium Format as I believe we will one day see a faster body like a bigger XT-2.
Lens prices may drop as numbers increase.

I'll be watching the future of Fuji Medium Format as I believe we will one day see a faster body like a bigger XT-2.
Lens prices may drop as numbers increase.

Yeah I think in the short-term prices will hold up, suspect it will be quite hard to get hold of the newer glass thats due in June for a while (23mm & 110mm) as they seem to be struggling with supply on a number of items. But in the long run I think we might see quicker, but then I don't see the need for medium format, very impressed with it though, but is it worth £2500 over the A7rii? thats probably debatable.

Very nice Chris....! Were these handheld or tripod based..? Have you just the one lens for it so far.....?.....I appreciate the three separate dedicated lenses for it are costly business.

Cheers;
Peter

Very nice Chris....! Were these handheld or tripod based..? Have you just the one lens for it so far.....?.....I appreciate the three separate dedicated lenses for it are costly business.

Cheers;
Peter

The first one was handheld the rest all tripod based, its a very hand-holdable camera though, great to hold and plenty sharp despite what gets said about handholding large megapixel cameras!

Four lenses, the 32-64 (which I also got used and saved about £500), the 63mm f2.8 (again used saving about £150) an adapted Pentax 645 80-160mm which while only manual focus seems to be pretty decent considering it was £200 and also an adaptor for my Nikon 24mm f2.8D which vignettes a little but seems to be ok.

With the 63mm the camera is actually very light and not any bigger than a DSLR, but the 32-64 is very flexible for most things, I have the 23mm f4 on pre-order but might not bother and especially not if it isn't available before I go to Berlin in July.

Seeing how good the Pentax 645 lens I have is I'll be thinking about other Pentax 645 glass, perhaps a 35mm and 45mm.

It's hard to tell the quality with web processed photos.

I want to ask how you are finding the file to process wise, compare to what you shot before (?)

It's hard to tell the quality with web processed photos.

I want to ask how you are finding the file to process wise, compare to what you shot before (?)

Agree with you on Web-size, I'll try and upload some full-size onto my website and share, the detail captured is staggering although I've never used for example a 5DSR which has similar MP range so I imagine it would do similar.

Compared to the Nikon and Pentax Full Frame I've used of late its very good, the dynamic range is crazy but probably a little better with recovering shadows than highlights.
Its also nice having a Fuji that I don't need to worry about any X-trans issues when playing with the RAW files, very clean files.

If Sony could get the sensor technology to move data faster it would open up the door.
I am talking about reliable 10 fps with decent AF-C etc.
The next wave of Sony MF sensors are looking at 4fps speeds, so some way off.

My prediction is that we'll see the new Fujifilm 50R body this year with the development announcement of the next 150mp GFX body.

Sensor information here .... https://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/products_en/IS/sensor2/application/index.html

:D

If Sony could get the sensor technology to move data faster it would open up the door.
I am talking about reliable 10 fps with decent AF-C etc.
The next wave of Sony MF sensors are looking at 4fps speeds, so some way off.

My prediction is that we'll see the new Fujifilm 50R body this year with the development announcement of the next 150mp GFX body.

Sensor information here .... https://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/products_en/IS/sensor2/application/index.html

:D

Sept 25th Formal announcement of GFX50R (my next purchase ??), and launch announcement for GFX100S for Q1/Q2 2019

GFX family needs the new processor of the X-T3 (rather than previous generations), as without the overheads of X-Trans it will be quite zippy (for MF)

Back